FPS Issues after GPU upgrade

Yesterday I upgraded my GPU from an R9 380 to a GTX 1070 and now I am getting massive frame rate drops along with frame time spikes occurring at the same time as each other. It happens pretty frequently maybe like every 20 - 30 seconds or so. I never had any of that with my AMD card and obviously the new card is way more powerful so I’m not sure what is going on here. I have the most recent Nvidia drivers installed and this problem is specific to POE. Any help would be great.
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2018, 4:30:13 PM
It would be great if you tell us more about your PC specs including PSU. What system are you runing. Did you uninstall all of the old drivers using DDU ? Is your card new or used, what about temperatures ? Also include screenshot of your ingame graphics settings. Its really a foretelling since you gave no info.
GGG Patch Notes: "Fixed a bug where players actually wanted to play the game"
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
Yesterday I upgraded my GPU from an R9 380 to a GTX 1070 and now I am getting massive frame rate drops along with frame time spikes occurring at the same time as each other. It happens pretty frequently maybe like every 20 - 30 seconds or so. I never had any of that with my AMD card and obviously the new card is way more powerful so I’m not sure what is going on here. I have the most recent Nvidia drivers installed and this problem is specific to POE. Any help would be great.

Try out first Display Driver Uninstaller here.

I have experience with poe and hdd - after reintslling windows and downloading fresh poe, hdd disconnect client only during first loading. Problem get solved recently as I have reinstalled win and poe few months ago - nevertheless all other games I play had no problems at all before and after.. Why its working now is mystery to me though..
Changing gpus from one stable to other need a very good driver cleaner or in best case scenario win reinstall. Without that there might be some driver issues.
Yes I used DDU...as for other specs and graphic settings not sure how that matter since no in game graphic settings were changed from old cars to new card and new card has a lower TDP then my R9 380
Ye I can tell you are not sure, thats why you asked for help here. Well enjoy your new GPU no one here does have a glass ball to tell what might be wrong without any information.
Last edited by coyd on Aug 19, 2018, 1:47:22 PM
"
coyd wrote:
Ye I can tell you are not sure, thats why you asked for help here. Well enjoy your new GPU no one here does have a glass ball to tell what might be wrong without any information.

I'm not sure about what?
About the cause of your issues.
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
"
coyd wrote:

I'm not sure about what?

No sure again? Lol
Then read my first post so many times till you will get it.
Last edited by coyd on Aug 20, 2018, 6:20:10 AM
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:

Please check this out and do what it asks if you'd like help within this forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081057
Timmy's FREE Crafting/Carries [Standard]: 2123458
#1 ES Regalias Mirror Service [Standard]: 2489414
^^ New home of Sorrow Circle IIQ ring! ^^
Alt Art Fossil Service [Standard]: 2332551
IGN: Quant_Is_Still_Viable || Hotdogs_Are_Sandwiches

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info