When will Ranged Default Attack be viable end game?

Why use default attack? Just use Frenzy. It is a default attack - that generates frenzy charges.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
is there a meme build on the horizon?

What is the highest base damage weapons can have? Is a perfect rare better than one of the power unqiues? Starforge? Disintergrator? Doryani's Fist? Oro's, Martyr, Debeon's? Are any of these good when using default attack?

Something that stacks damage otherwise like Leadsprinkler? or Frostbreath with it's double damage property?
Last edited by Scherge on Aug 18, 2018, 4:50:45 PM
I think all the trigger ideas don't really answer the original question satisfactorily. With default attack as your damage dealing skill, can you make something end game viable. Certainly, I could default attack while my righteous fire or Death's Oath killed stuff. I could default attack to trigger other skills. But none of those are dealing significant damage with default attack.
Best way I can think of to make default attack viable is to use bows and quivers with additional arrows. Back when Reach of the Council gave 4 additional arrows, it was pretty damn easy to clear maps with just your default attack.

You could easily get the same effect now using a Death's Opus and some other sources of additional arrows, like quivers and ascendancy classes.
"
Shazamarang wrote:
Best way I can think of to make default attack viable is to use bows and quivers with additional arrows. Back when Reach of the Council gave 4 additional arrows, it was pretty damn easy to clear maps with just your default attack.

You could easily get the same effect now using a Death's Opus and some other sources of additional arrows, like quivers and ascendancy classes.

Will the default attack have effect from Reach of the Council support gems?
melee auto attack vs T16 map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYtfM0Siyr8
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
melee auto attack vs T16 map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYtfM0Siyr8

Nice video. I am curious about Ranged Default Attack end game.
"
hydrodyne19 wrote:
"
Shazamarang wrote:

Will the default attack have effect from Reach of the Council support gems?

The additional arrow modifiers from bows such as Reach of the Council are global, meaning they apply to every attack that fires arrows for that character. This extends to your default attack. I'm assuming that's what you were wondering.

As the game is right now, the viability of default attack is entirely based on how much area clear you can get without needing support gems, since most peoples definition of viable is just clearing maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info