AH ! ! ! ! ! !

"
robmafia wrote:
"
Koheleth wrote:
ANOTHER THING! I play HC and SC. Hardcore I play solo. Softcore I like to play in groups. When I find a sweet party and we are burning through maps I very often get PMs for trades. I am not going to even respond while i race to stay with the group, let alone leave the party to go sell something unless it is for multiple EX.

The party system directly CLASHES with the trade system in this way!

'what is opportunity cost?'

In basic economics if the opportunity cost becomes too great for the payout what happens? Thank you for illustrating my point.
🐢
"
Oblitus wrote:
"
Koheleth wrote:
ANOTHER THING! I play HC and SC. Hardcore I play solo. Softcore I like to play in groups. When I find a sweet party and we are burning through maps I very often get PMs for trades. I am not going to even respond while i race to stay with the group, let alone leave the party to go sell something unless it is for multiple EX.

That's exactly why it will stay like it is now. You are missing a chance to trade, and it is good for developers.

This is not the only missed opportunity however. There are the unanswered private messages sent to sellers who will never respond. The selling side can suck, and the buying side can be way worse.

An auction house will make trading faster - the developers don't like this idea because they want trade to be another grind? The game has enough grind already, making quality of life improvements to trading is not going to kill the game or destroy anything. Oh wow, you think everyone will miss sending pm's to people who are not online or who will not respond? Yeah! We gotta make sure that stays the same, best part of PoE right?

Sheesh!
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:
"
Koheleth wrote:

'what is opportunity cost?'

In basic economics if the opportunity cost becomes too great for the payout what happens? Thank you for illustrating my point.

that moment when you actually understand opportunity cost, but still somehow think you're at a net loss because you think others don't also have the same scenario.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
Koheleth wrote:

a party isn't neccessary for a trade, you only need to be in the same instance (level, town) and can right click the other guys name in chat or right click the char directly.

partying up just makes it more comfortable to join other people's hideouts.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
An AH would stop price fixers from being able to manipulate the economy is the crazy ways they are doing it right now.

No more posting an exalt for 85c when they are 140c and then ignoring all the pm's, thus trying to lower the price by false advertising and tricking people to sell for much lower prices!

How is that ethical?

What is wrong with selling and buying in an open market?

Have you ever heard of 4X? Foreign Exchange Market - I trade on here all the time. The type of broken (cheating) PoE trade would land people in JAIL!

We need a fair trade system!
🐢
refers to "forex" as "4x"

*mega facepalm*

i do like how you backpedaled from having to choose whether to stay in party or leave to trade... to forex (lolwut?) and implying that AH automation wouldn't assist scammers (huh?).
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
refers to "forex" as "4x"

*mega facepalm*

i do like how you backpedaled from having to choose whether to stay in party or leave to trade... to forex (lolwut?) and implying that AH automation wouldn't assist scammers (huh?).

Backtracking? I am making examples! What is your mega reason for not wanting to improve trade? It obviously sucks in its current state - I want to make it better!

Are you a scamming price fixer? manipulating everyone to gain a profit?

*facepalm*
🐢
I played the HC event, the flashback, and there are a substantial number of people playing solo self found.

All I want is to make the game better, fix the broken trading system so I can enjoy myself and not become exasperated and frustrated trying to buy basic items.

I guess solo self found is the way to go then.
🐢
"
Koheleth wrote:
I played the HC event, the flashback, and there are a substantial number of people playing solo self found.

All I want is to make the game better, fix the broken trading system so I can enjoy myself and not become exasperated and frustrated trying to buy basic items.

I guess solo self found is the way to go then.

I like SSF, but getting build-enabling uniques and making 6l is way too difficult there.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
What about farming div cards like the porcipine and then chancing a quill rain? Supposed to be pretty easy, around 100 chance orbs.

I am playing ssf next league. Going to spend some time figuring out what will be possible.
🐢

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info