Confusion, leagues are now expansions but Delve doesn’t add new expansion supporter packs

Hi, so it came as a bad surprise when i saw that this « expansion » which looks more like a big league got released today to only find out the old supporter packs were still there, you know, the ones that change when a real expansion comes out?

I just wish to understand why GGG droped the term « league » for « expansion » when that makes it just more confusing on which one is the true expansion with tons of new content rather than be a league in reality and thus only coming along with « league » supporter packs?

I’m truly not trying to be arrogant, please read this on a positive tone, i love you all and you guys are amazing at your work!

Thank you for your time, from a confused fan infront of two « expansion » terms dilemma between big leagues and actual expansions.

Are leagues even going to exist or what?
Last edited by CrimeWreck on Aug 10, 2018, 8:24:49 AM
Last bumped on Aug 10, 2018, 3:50:52 PM
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
For clarity, we're now officially labelling "Generation 3" leagues (like Incursion) as expansions. In addition to a new league, these releases have new skills, items, balance changes, revamps to old skills, graphical improvements and more. We can't wait to show you what this one contains tomorrow!

From here.

"League" and "Expansion" are for now synonymous. We don't know what the next large release (likely 4.0 sometime in 2020) is going to be called, or if there is going to be any new "big" line of supporter packs available between now and then.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Aug 10, 2018, 7:46:13 AM
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
For clarity, we're now officially labelling "Generation 3" leagues (like Incursion) as expansions. In addition to a new league, these releases have new skills, items, balance changes, revamps to old skills, graphical improvements and more. We can't wait to show you what this one contains tomorrow!

From here.

"League" and "Expansion" are for now synonymous. We don't know what the next large release (likely 4.0 sometime in 2020) is going to be called, or if there is going to be any new "big" line of supporter packs available between now and then.

Thanks a lot for the clarity, so it does mean that these expansion supporter packs that we have right now available will remain for way longer than they used to compared to Kitava that lasted no longuer than 5-6 months.
"
CrimeWreck wrote:
Thanks a lot for the clarity, so it does mean that these expansion supporter packs that we have right now available will remain for way longer than they used to compared to Kitava that lasted no longuer than 5-6 months.

We don't know. They could be replaced in 3.5, they could stay until 4.0. In either case, there will be plenty of advance notice before they go off the shelves. Keep an eye on the Announcements forum.
I think they’ve always called the updates that came with leagues mini expansions. Maybe that was unofficial.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
I think they’ve always called the updates that came with leagues mini expansions. Maybe that was unofficial.

That would make sense, because, i mean, we need two different terms for two very distinct things.
It doesn’t really matter what they call the updates. If the release number increases by .1, it gets new supporter packs. If it increases by 1, it gets new supporter packs. They announce ahead of time when supporter packs will no longer be available.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
It doesn’t really matter what they call the updates. If the release number increases by .1, it gets new supporter packs. If it increases by 1, it gets new supporter packs. They announce ahead of time when supporter packs will no longer be available.

Sure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info