Trials for labyrinth are boring and pointless for experienced players, make them optional

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
Yes, you are trolling. Let's see a youtube of you completing an uber lab trial in less than 30 seconds. And not one of those silly Queen of Forest lab specialty builds that have the ridiculous insane fast movement speed.

<=> "Show me that I'm wrong ( but not using tools that would make it too easy ... I mean, I know that it's possible, but I just don't want to be wrong ! )"
hahaha, I don't need to add anything there.

And if you can't read what I put before in this thread and understand it, nothing more I'm going to do.

That was the least relevant argument that you've made.

Let's see you prove true your trollingly ridiculous statement that any activity that could take less than 30 seconds can't be boring.

If you can't read and understand what I've said in this thread then there's nothing more that can be done.

It's very simple. If you don't want people to think that you're trolling then don't use trolling language.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
[...]trolling language[...]

LOL
mind blowing.

PS : I really don't feel any need to show you anything, neither to any other member of the brigade really :).
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Aug 8, 2018, 1:08:15 AM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
[...]trolling language[...]

LOL
mind blowing.

PS : I really don't feel any need to show you anything, neither to any other member of the brigade really :).

It is your ridiculous statement that nothing can be boring to us if it can be done in 30 seconds. There are many here in this thread that have stated that they find the trials boring. So then if you're not trolling then you are asserting that we are all lying about finding the trials boring? Perhaps it is true that nothing can be boring to you if it can be done in 30 seconds. That doesn't mean that perhaps others can be bored more easily than you. So which is it, are you calling us all liars or are you trolling? My guess is trolling.

edit: Another clue that you're just trolling is your assertion that the moderators are going to clean up this thread. It would appear from that that you came into this thread and said that we are whining when we're giving feedback to GGG in this thread just to get people to react to your trolling and get them banned. Good luck with your trolling but please take it elsewhere.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Aug 8, 2018, 6:08:31 AM
(: Don't feed the trolls. :)

Yes, trials are boring because they just forces one to play a random number of maps to get access to uber lab.

However, GGG put them by intention to have at least anything one can claim challenging to be entitled to enter the uber lab.

For the same reason, there is pretty anything else designed to happen randomly in this game.

Obviously, it is just streching the time one spends in the game, which is boring game-design but still a valid approach for an ARPG.

The real issue is that the RNG-gating is that obvious with trials.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
"
Synopse wrote:
(: Don't feed the trolls. :)

Yes, trials are boring because they just forces one to play a random number of maps to get access to uber lab.

However, GGG put them by intention to have at least anything one can claim challenging to be entitled to enter the uber lab.

For the same reason, there is pretty anything else designed to happen randomly in this game.

Obviously, it is just streching the time one spends in the game, which is boring game-design but still a valid approach for an ARPG.

I assume what you're referring to is the issue about needing a more predictable completion of the 6 end game trials? Yes, I agree.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Synopse wrote:

I assume what you're referring to is the issue about needing a more predictable completion of the 6 end game trials? Yes, I agree.
Yes, and I would go even further.
There should be milestones inbetween to make completing the uber lab for the first time less powerfull. I mean you get 2/8 AP after playing ~200 maps, but you get 6/8 playing only to Act 10. Current design is to hook you up on 6/8 and make you grind for the last two. That is way too obvious RNG-gating.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Last edited by Synopse on Aug 8, 2018, 3:40:22 PM
The entire purpose of the labyrinth trials are so that players get a chance to test themselves on content you don't see much of anywhere else in the game (traps) before having to drop currency (offerings) to do it. It is meant to be a helping hand to new players and it works great.

As far as the trials being boring for experienced players. Experienced players should be getting trials done as fast or faster than it would take them to do their map so how boring can it be really? Especially when you consider that trials are vastly more challenging to most builds than facerolling a map.

As far as it being pointless? An offering is more currency (5-6 chaos) than what will drop in your average non red tier map.

You should be happy at the free currency staring you in the face when you see a trial. That you are not suggests that you aren't doing them because they unlike mapping carry risk for most builds.

"
Kahirn wrote:
The entire purpose of the labyrinth trials are so that players get a chance to test themselves on content you don't see much of anywhere else in the game (traps) before having to drop currency (offerings) to do it. It is meant to be a helping hand to new players and it works great.

As far as the trials being boring for experienced players. Experienced players should be getting trials done as fast or faster than it would take them to do their map so how boring can it be really? Especially when you consider that trials are vastly more challenging to most builds than facerolling a map.

As far as it being pointless? An offering is more currency (5-6 chaos) than what will drop in your average non red tier map.

You should be happy at the free currency staring you in the face when you see a trial. That you are not suggests that you aren't doing them because they unlike mapping carry risk for most builds.

I only play SSF, so saying "free currency staring you in the face" doesn't compute. Also, uber trials only present risk when there's an internet hiccup. Otherwise they become dead easy when using a movement power, when activating the Ryslatha minor Pantheon free flask refill power, and when your character has a life flask with a staunching suffix.

More generally, for experienced players there's no tutorial function from running trials. Also, according to GGG only about 10% of players ever trade, so probably over 90% of all players (perhaps well over) will never sell an offering. That weakens your counterargument about how uber trials are meaningful by quite a bit, given that you seem to see "purpose" as equal to "generates currency."

Finally, leaving trials as optional content for those who pass an experience gate leaves their tutorial function in place for those who decide to run them. But, a lot of players would probably gladly skip the trials if they could, which is evidence of how detached the trials have become from their original purpose of serving as a tutorial.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info