The 50 Point Sale - The Incursion Flashback Events Start Soon!

It's crazy how GGG over dramatizes everything from the next challenge league mechanics (just listen to what Chris says next week about patch 3.4. It'll surely be hype... hype... hype... this challenge league will be the greatest league ever... better than sliced bread... blah, blah, blah) to now the 50 Point Sale. I keep up the PoE wiki Daily Deals and spreadsheet so I know there are 164 items on sale. So GGG stretches the truth a lot to go from 164 to "nearly 200". I guess they never expected anyone to count them). At least they were accurate for the first 50 point sale on May 4th when they said over 150 mtx on sale (159). This time they should have said "over 160 mtx on sale".

I guess GGG has Tencent breathing down their necks with their hands out (palms up) in the "we paid a pretty penny to get 80% stock in GGG now where are the dividends!" so GGG has to be in super sell mode 24/7 ("skate or die" mode). I feel sorry for all that work for GGG that didn't have any stock in the company. They got nothing out of the deal and now must work harder to keep Tencent financially happy.

But I'm probably being too critical... yes, I'm sure of it. I have great admiration for Chris Wilson to go from a vision and 2 other friends... hey guys, what do you think about making an arpg that will be "the arpg we would most want to play" (better than D2 + other arpg titles of the time) and take that dream from garage startup to where PoE is today. And, "oh btw guys... I think this new game we make should be free to play" (say what?!). That must have been some very heavy super selling to get Chris' family and friends to financially invest in a very "pie in the sky" deal like that. More power to you Chris and I hope Tencent did pay you all well. Now please... for the love of god RNGesus, for the next league and continuing after please slow down the pace of endgame play. I'm worn/burned out on high speed and high stress incursion runs. I'm not a spring chicken that can take that much speed and it is severely ruining "the arpg we would most want to play" factor.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 4, 2018, 7:36:46 AM
hello
Discount for seraph spirit wings please.
Last edited by CrazyEmkido on Aug 16, 2018, 8:21:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info