Incursion Unique Item and Challenge Statistics

Why did most of the post consist of information that is generally widely-available? While admittedly limited to just the ladder, Poe.ninja kinda has extensive information about item, passive, class, etc. usage. (fun fact: I'm the only one apparently using The Restless Ward XD)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
The problems clearly stated on those statics are:

1st - League challenges need better rewards so people will put more effort to get it(i got it cuse i got lucky on drops and bought it).
2nd - MF/projectile is there (again) and this is almost the same problem every league, if u guys just buff hard bosses drops and make them a little stronger(so only THE best mf builds, the ones that ppl have to spend alot of time to perfect it on PoB and alot of time to farm those gears befor beeing able to deal w/ minotaur for exemple, wich isnt the case cuse my friend done minotaur w/ a lazy mf build w/ poet's pen and under 10ex investment) this wouldnt happen, mf SHOULD be popular as every rpg game, but not way better than strong builds that can farm harder content, the harder content is unrewarding that's why mf is popular as it is right now, it doesnt deserve to be nerfed, the harder content that need a buff.
3rd - ONLY 7% of players got to 24 challenges, wich is ridiculously easy to get, im almost casual, i got to 90 in a week or so and by that time i got 24 challenges, i invited many new players to my guild, teached them how to play this game and they all quited right after knewing that after a week of intense gameplay(wich was totaly enjoyable till act 10) they were still a f*** garbage cuse they couldnt face maps w/out dying even if they played it right, and every time they die they lose that xp they grinded in the last 30minuts(im talking about casuals so f*off adicteds).
4th - 2handed weapons need some love, even some bows need some love cuse its allways the same bows that ppl use every league, where is the diversity when its not viable? that hydra bow have some f* interesting mechanic but we cant use it cuse its weak/dont fit the game yet.
5th - poet's pen doesnt deserve a nerf, its top used weapon cuse of arc( wich is OVERPOWERED AS F* and no one can say otherwise), volatile dead(im not saying the skill itself needs a nerf, the interaction w/ poet's pen needs) and immortal call(wich shouldnt work w/ poet's pen to begin with cuse that wapon should provide OFENSIVE power and not defensive)
"
sarannah101 wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Bluntexile wrote:
what about these statistics..?

Ouch.

But really this league couldn't sustain my interest, nor were the challenge rewards very well conceived.

However I'm willing to concede that I might be near the end of my PoE lifespan. It's been a good run, but after all these years, I just cant anymore really.

Path of exile is a great game and this incursion league is great. There is however one major thing which is screwing up the game, and even has me worried: The requirement and focus towards having a meta build for the strictly timed incursions. This excludes many many fun builds from competing in the league's mechanics. Though I'm not a casual, I too felt the pain as I felt forced into the meta build gameplay.

As a casual, which are most steam players, I can understand not even wanting to play this league. Hell, I even stopped playing this league because I did not like playing the meta game and I'm nowhere near a casual.

As someone who loves PoE, this meta focus has me worried.

Lmao how are you a casual when you have 36 challs? That's top 2% in that metric, FAR from a casual.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
NumberUno wrote:

2nd - MF/projectile is there (again) and this is almost the same problem every league, if u guys just buff hard bosses drops and make them a little stronger

Ugh, no. Stronger bosses would just force us to make two characters. One for MF and another one for bosses (using MF findings). Probably on different accounts, so MF would be able to shape atlas and boss-killer would have all maps. Also, it would make no real sense. Bosses already feel like they don't belong to this game, so much they are different from other gameplay.

In fact, that's exactly the problem. Projectile builds OP -> monsters are made more dangerous to still pose a threat to them -> projectile builds have even more advantage compared to non-projectile who have to facetank much more. Rinse, repeat.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
As long as the challenges are this way, these will be the general stats and the number of players will keep dropping.

Either you make the challenges less RNG based, less time consuming so more people have a chance to get them. Or you give proper rewards for challenge completion.

A portal effect is nice to have, but nothing extraordinary, nothing that would make the vast majority of people playing have a go time and time again, hoping that the dice will roll in their favor.

It also won't encourage people to buy some other MTX effects, rather than do the challenges, it will more likely discourage them from playing, making the give up and play something else, when they see that they didn't get the incursion room for that specific challenge, or the white sockets from their 5'th corruption room.

Why not get the portal at 24 challenges and get something.....I don't know, something better at 36? Or get the portal effect at 36 but make the challenges be less based on how lady luck decides to smile or not in your favor.
"
natsipaska wrote:
Shocking, Shimmerons weren't the 1st ones on the list.

Only because they expensive as hell this league and you use 2 poets pen at the same time which are super cheap in comparison.
Looks like the league mechanics were just not very well received. If people quit so early pre 12 Challenges, something you would automatically gain by casual play, then that just isn´t a good sign.

I believe it was not a good idea making incursions impossible to do pre maps, unless you had a AOE early damage build. You lose so many potential gamers like that, it´s just not a very smart thing to do.

Look how accessible Bestiary was, you could play it from level 1 onwards, no matter your build. Same with legacy, where even if you never found a key, you had fun with the league stones.
I'm try to collect GGG statistics , which shows how league to league thay complication of challenges.

"

statistics, which I found

Essence
ten days: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1732561
ninth (9) week: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1762255

Breach
half-way through the Breach Challenge leagues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1817180

Legacy

Harbinger
1 month: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1991028
10 weeks: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2019529

Abyss
three weeks: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2059716

Bestiary

Incursion
third week: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2171067
There's just over four weeks left to complete your Incursion Challenges: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2191548

"

~ 1 month

Breach
26.33% of players have completed 12 challenges and have earned the Breach Footprints.
6.98% of players have completed 24 challenges and have earned the Breach Portal.
0.75% of players have completed 36 challenges to earn the Demonic Wings.

Harbinger
29.71% of players have completed 12 challenges and earned the Harbinger Challenge Eyes.
5.26% of players have completed 24 challenges and have earned the Harbinger Challenge Crown
0.47% of players have completed 36 challenges and have earned the Harbinger Character Effect

Abyss
28.2% of players have completed 12 challenges and earned the Abyss Helmet.
2.9% of players have completed 24 challenges and earned the Abyss Wings.
0.1% of players have completed 36 challenges and earned the Abyss Portal Effect.

Incursion
21.9 % of players have completed 12 challenges and earned the Incursion Bandana
0.9% of players have completed 24 challenges and earned the Incursion Cloak
0.06% of players have completed 36 challenges and earned the Incursion Portal

"

~ 10 weeks

Essence
31.95% of players who completed any challenges have earned the Essence Footprints
11.54% of players who completed any challenges have earned the Essence Wings
2.29% of players who completed any challenges have earned the Essence Portal

Harbinger
29.84% of players have completed 12 challenges and earned the Harbinger Challenge Eyes.
7.99% of players have completed 24 challenges and have earned the Harbinger Challenge Crown.
1.34% of players have completed 36 challenges and have earned the Harbinger Character Effect.

Incursion
23.8% of players have completed 12 challenges and earned the Incursion Bandana.
6.9% of players have completed 24 challenges and earned the Incursion Cloak.
2% of players have completed 36 challenges and earned the Incursion Portal.
Last edited by Nikoltait on Aug 1, 2018, 3:51:14 AM
I could do enough challenges for the portal skin, but I was bored with the game too fast this league. I'm fed up with spending time in poe trade because map system sucks (please, make horizon orbs lootable everywhere and increase its loot rate in the map rooms and the currencies rooms in temple) and because poe trade sucks (scammers, too long delay, etc..)
Last edited by Lyonnel on Aug 1, 2018, 6:02:13 AM
Basically the challs = too much layered rng and the mtx rewards = meh...

Make less layered rng challs and better mtx rewards and ppl will play.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info