[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

"
phroz3n wrote:

He asked for endgame, you can shave off 11ex without enlighten and ele weakness gloves. I wasn't complaing if it seemed that way.

The only boss i can't beat with this build is aul.

Well - I consider Shaper Endgame. But fair enough! :P

Aul seems to be a lot like UberElder in the sense that you need to know the mechanics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tk8xeNUh-E This is a different build and HC and bla. But I think what is of note is that Aul's melee hits are dodgeable as well as almost all other attacks in the Encounter.

Watching this video it really looks like nothing hits hard enough or often enough that makes Aul impossible to do. But I am talking pretty much out of my arse - I don't play in delve. I will see for myself if/when it comes to standard.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
phroz3n wrote:

He asked for endgame, you can shave off 11ex without enlighten and ele weakness gloves. I wasn't complaing if it seemed that way.

The only boss i can't beat with this build is aul.

Well - I consider Shaper Endgame. But fair enough! :P

Aul seems to be a lot like UberElder in the sense that you need to know the mechanics. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tk8xeNUh-E This is a different build and HC and bla. But I think what is of note is that Aul's melee hits are dodgeable as well as almost all other attacks in the Encounter.

Watching this video it really looks like nothing hits hard enough or often enough that makes Aul impossible to do. But I am talking pretty much out of my arse - I don't play in delve. I will see for myself if/when it comes to standard.

True knowing the mechanics helps a lot in that fight.
That aul in the video is pretty tame... mine has 90% extra fire dmg, endurance charges and poison, i searched a lot but couldn't find another.
"
phroz3n wrote:

True knowing the mechanics helps a lot in that fight.
That aul in the video is pretty tame... mine has 90% extra fire dmg, endurance charges and poison, i searched a lot but couldn't find another.

Ah, I didn't know aul also gets Map/Delve Modifiers. :/ Thats a bit of a shame if there is that level of RNG involved.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

You can't imagine how hard I just facepalmed myself when I realized I could have just snagged that final ES and Regen node at witch start and specced out of those spell damage ones for a net gain of 4 skill points. My forehead is noticeably red right now.

I also hadn't considered running Frenzy in the six-link, in this case I lose Efficacy and Increased Duration on my Immortal Call and Phase Run by running them in the boots though, huh? Is that a significant hit to QOL? I assumed this is why in the POB I saw and modeled my build after, you ran Frenzy in the 4-link. Then again, you also were still doing a huge amount of damage so maybe you could afford to sacrifice the 6-link for QOL skills.

Thanks for having a look at my build. I am going to keep Alira for the time being because I quite enjoy being overcapped vs red map ele weakness without wise oak active, and I don't feel like shopping for another sick 3-4 crit multi mod jewel to put in my last jewel socket right now.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Sep 20, 2018, 10:44:28 AM
hey guys, im at lvl 95 right now, sitting at 7k es. is it bad or .. my profile is unprivate .
"
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

You can't imagine how hard I just facepalmed myself when I realized I could have just snagged that final ES and Regen node at witch start and specced out of those spell damage ones for a net gain of 4 skill points. My forehead is noticeably red right now.

I also hadn't considered running Frenzy in the six-link, in this case I lose Efficacy and Increased Duration on my Immortal Call and Phase Run by running them in the boots though, huh? Is that a significant hit to QOL? I assumed this is why in the POB I saw and modeled my build after, you ran Frenzy in the 4-link. Then again, you also were still doing a huge amount of damage so maybe you could afford to sacrifice the 6-link for QOL skills.

Thanks for having a look at my build.

Haha ^^ you are welcome.
I mostly run the 4link frenzy since I also reserve Mana for the SpiderAura. That way I have inherently less mana over for Indigon -> resulting in less investment on the talenttree for it as well as a shorter, less mana intense frenzy.

Since you dont run the SpiderAura and thus have the mana to spare it makes sense to invest more into Indigon.

Thats the reasoning behind the Indigon PoBs.
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:

Thanks for having a look at my build.

Haha ^^ you are welcome.
I mostly run the 4link frenzy since I also reserve Mana for the SpiderAura. That way I have inherently less mana over for Indigon -> resulting in less investment on the talenttree for it as well as a shorter, less mana intense frenzy.

Since you dont run the SpiderAura and thus have the mana to spare it makes sense to invest more into Indigon. Interesting how my Indigon seems to ramp up higher than yours does there, although you still do a bit more dps as those jewels are ridiculous...

Thats the reasoning behind the Indigon PoBs.

I see, I think what happened is I misunderstood this PoB https://pastebin.com/TwUsjbJT with Frenzy linked to multistrike and melee splash which shouldn't work with poet's pen as far as I understood, so I thought I could just ignore them.

Mine ramps up higher than yours does in that pob if your edited Indigon's is any indication, but presumably slower, and you still do a bit more damage because of those crazy jewels haha. Interesting.
Last edited by Gutterflower on Sep 20, 2018, 11:46:16 AM
One thing I don't understand is how you got that 1177 number from my Indigon, I plugged them into the calculator and got a much lower one. Did I do something wrong here?

https://alt0172.github.io/poe-indigon-calc/#120;0.26;0;54;60;65;74;0;2480;620;88;88;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0;0

I don't think I get 20% of maximum mana to my maximum leech from anywhere, does the calculator actually not assume the default 20% cap and you have to set it? Because this seems more like that text field is for if you have Spirit Void/Essence Sap nodes etc. which we don't.

That said, the 6-link frenzy setup is obliterating bosses like i never did before, there's just a bigger gap in damage between our 2 setups than i initially thought if im right
Last edited by Gutterflower on Sep 20, 2018, 1:01:17 PM

Not sure what else to do other than helm enchant. This is my first indigon build, really enjoying it
First, a big thank you to the autor of the guide ! I followed it for my second character and I really (really!) enjoy the playstyle and the overall thematics around it(Occultist, Poet's pen, low life ; a lot of very unique mechanics on this char, strong "PoE" Vibe).

I have a question : I'm still on my way to get all the recommanded items (it's kind of hard to plan with all those lacking resist and stats imo, even tho it's doable it takes time) and I was planning to buy a lvl 4 Enlighten in order to switch to Indigon. Well, after getting some jewels.
In the guide, and in some comments I read earlier, I've seen the autor put some strong warning about this switch. Is Indigon really that hard to balance ?
Do we really need TWO level 4 Enlighten to make it works ?

Also, I went for a curse on hit setup on my chest (conductivity, mb switch to enfeeble later) and was thinking about getting the +1 curse nodes (3 points) if I manage to get a curse on hit Voidbringer. Is this really weaker than the guide Setup in your opinion ? I dont really get why we dont go for it as an Occultist with "spare" links, and knowing we travel just around the nodes.

Anyway, thanks again for the guide ! and sorry for the approximative English

Good luck have fun !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info