[3.5] Occult ArcPoet - All Content | Millions+ DPS | ÜElder | Delve 1k+ | Videos

Would this build be good with a headhunter?
Hey again! So I have a very similar setup to what you have with using Indigon. Minus 13 levels and a few things here and there. But on PoB there is a huuuuge discrepancy in damage. Which I wouldn't think should happen. So i'm guessing I did something wrong here.

Your damage on POB : 2,531,287
My damage on POB : 189,255

I'll post my Path of building.

Just curious if I'm not doing something right in the configurations or not. I have power and frenzy charges checked. I have enemies shocked checked. I have crit chance lucky checked.

https://pastebin.com/z8srCwt2

Hope this works.

Thanks
He has manually inputted a 170% increased cast speed mod to simulate arc being casted from your poet's pens with arc I believe.

On another note, OP, can you take a look at my POB and see where I'm missing damage? Having trouble getting to 1m shaper dps here! https://pastebin.com/enK4fpN9
Having trouble casting With Purity of Elements-Discipline-Bloodmagic-Enlighten(lv4), I don't have enough HP to cast both the aura, are they suppose to be casted together in Bloodmagic or?
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
Knaked_Knight wrote:
"
lokko6 wrote:
First of all nice build and good guide.

Did you try Power Siphon instead of Frenzy. We get free GMP, Culling and a ton of critchance and critmulti per Powercharge.

PS is a great way to get Power charge but we also have power charge support on the Pens. Besides, Frenzy gives us Frenzy and attack speed which is crucial to this build since the faster we attack (To some extent), the faster arc, lightning warp, ball lightning we cast, which means more damage. Also Frenzy can increase Phasing duration which is really great for mapping sync well Lightning warp. PS alone cannot generate frenzy

The crit chance, crit multi from PS is tempting but I think the benefit of frenzy outweighs that of PS.
But if you dont mind clicking Frenzy first then Spamming PS, I think you can get some great damage boost from it.

I appreciate you helping out Knaked_Knight but please confirm your information first. This is the second time you try to answer questions in this thread and the second time you are wrong about it.

This just leads to missinformation and more work for me later on. Thank you.

@lokko6 Use Frenzy. Power Siphon does nothing for us. PS crit and crit multi only apply to itself - not to the character in general. Otherwise every PowerCharge build would put PowerSiphon in an empty blue socket. We dont care about our attackskill other then that it enables us to trigger our Pens. And frenzy does that very well since it is really fast and gives some added benefits like Frenzy Charges.

Well, I could looked it up by myself but anyway. I appreciate your answer!

I slowly transition and I think I can do Shaper on ~5Ex budget and random Jewels. I need to level my Gems first.

Spoiler

1 Ex Shavronne's 5Link
2 Ex Mark of Shaper
1 Ex both Poet's Pen
50c for a LVL 21 BloodMagic

"
icel3oi wrote:
Having trouble casting With Purity of Elements-Discipline-Bloodmagic-Enlighten(lv4), I don't have enough HP to cast both the aura, are they suppose to be casted together in Bloodmagic or?

Your Blood Magic Support is level 16 and this is way to low. I think you need level 20 or 21 but 16 won't work.
Last edited by lokko6 on Sep 13, 2018, 2:27:20 AM
"
lokko6 wrote:

Your Blood Magic Support is level 16 and this is way to low. I think you need level 20 or 21 but 16 won't work.

Ahh that makes sense now, thank u
Hey Cy! [and others playing this build] -- I had some questions about your experience.

Its nice to see the occultist getting played more than the second ED option, always wanted to play that class more. I am currently playing the life/MoM arc Poets Pen, Elementalist version

Got all the big pieces, lvl 90, Decent jewels. Just optimizing left.

I don't have any trouble seeing how this build would do more dmg. With all of the powercharges + LL, crit chance is probably the same but there is probably still 40% more dmg... maybe more. Plus the ability to Indigon scale, which is quite huge.

Defensively I am having a hard time seeing why this would be a more tanky build. Effective life vs. ES is similar. Life gain on hit + Mind of the council crits for mana is pretty similar. The Occultist/ES version lacks Acro/Phase Acro.

Is it really just that getting ES on hits (not just attacks) scales the ES THAT much better?

Kinda curious what gear is necessary to switch the build anyways, some is pricey on Delve. Indigon is cheap, not really a concern until fine tuning anyways. The Watcher's eye is 5ex ish though, seems to define the build. Presence 5ex, ele weakness gloves, 5ex...

Is it just more of a Standard league than challenge league build?
IGN: @SakinaPash
"
Mephotis wrote:
Why Ice Golem over Lightning Golem? PoB Shows lightning golem adds more DPS to the build.

Check the OP -> Build Mechanics -> Poet's Pens.

Lightning Golem Buff is useless for us.
"
sulix wrote:
Would this build be good with a headhunter?

I am kinda curious what kinda of build a Headhunter would ruin? Maybe one with a buildefining unique belt?
"
aceofbladesx wrote:
Hey again! So I have a very similar setup to what you have with using Indigon. Minus 13 levels and a few things here and there. But on PoB there is a huuuuge discrepancy in damage. Which I wouldn't think should happen. So i'm guessing I did something wrong here.

Your damage on POB : 2,531,287
My damage on POB : 189,255

I'll post my Path of building.

Just curious if I'm not doing something right in the configurations or not. I have power and frenzy charges checked. I have enemies shocked checked. I have crit chance lucky checked.

https://pastebin.com/z8srCwt2

Hope this works.

Thanks

The castspeed via Poets Pen's is not automatically included by PoB. You ought to add a manual Cast Speed modifier to match arcs castspeed with the attackrate of your frenzy.

Same goes for the Indigon: You ought to calculate your average Spelldamage increase from the Item over xy Seconds and add that too. This isnt automatically included either. Both Calculater, example calculations and example PoBs can be found in the OP that include those changes.

Your Frenzy is 5linnked - that hurts your ramp. You can propably substitute the 6th link it with a Fevered Mind in one of your jewel slots.

Good Luck, Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info