GGG manipulates loot table

question is: if it's your game, would you not implement loot tables to adjust the amount of gratifications given relative to the economic outcome?

if not, why?

for example: if a streamer releases a build and item prices go through the roof, preventing alot of people from playing it, would you not increase it's drop rate`?
Last edited by cronus on Jul 22, 2018, 11:41:53 AM
"
panmisiek123 wrote:
For example I have never ever seen a single T16 guardian map dropping more than 2 other guardian maps at the time.

I have. Sorry if ruins your conspiracy theory.
Of course they do.... why is this a thread? You've just written that a developer has control over what drops, what do you think they did outsourced it to the UN?
"
bSun0000 wrote:
Conspiracy theories.. or not? Do you guys know about how "hidden map pool" for the prophecies was discovered?

What does this even mean lol?
...what?

GGG doesn't manipulate loot tables. They are the devs! They DECIDE them.

Suppose they do use the same algorithms for all maps as for Zana maps with guaranteed unique items...
What does it matter exactly? If that's how their game works, that's how it works.

Only question that matters here is; is the loot enjoyable to you? All the rest is just baseless blackbox speculation without point.
Last edited by Bardharr on Jul 22, 2018, 1:30:12 PM
i don´t think they "manipulate" the maps globally. that´s just handled by randomnsess just as someone said.

what i can wrap my mind around though is that they would have no problem reducing certain areas/items in drop rate without us noticing or beeing caught ever if they starting beeing overfarmed.

that´s called ninja-nerfing...

statistics say burials is most run map, well, nerf the drop rates for doctors by 0.05% and no one will ever notice... if someone´s gonna raise a fist it´s just "the rng".
I also believe GGG manipulate/change drop rates without telling us. Nevertheless imo its common prax in many games.
"
panmisiek123 wrote:
Mods will be swift to delete 'negative' threads, its what they do. No freedom of speech on this forum whatsoever, especially 'freedom' that criticise game.

This is not true. Many people including me did some criticism against game or developers and their post/threads wasn't removed. Its a fact that moderation in this forum is pretty liberal.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
GGG adjusts the loot table to reward me personally for saying kind things about them on this forum. I love you GGG. XOXOXO
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info