Elementalist is suffering from a mana problem

My Character MissPKnowsNothing is suffering from a mana problem doing some of the maps ... I just started doing some yellow ones.

Are there map modes that reduce my mana?

I am still following a guide but should I start grabbing mana regen nodes in my tree or possible respect some areas to better facilitate the mana? I am only running one aura now ... was running two.

thanks ahead

K
Last edited by JustKiddingOK on Jul 21, 2018, 11:07:25 AM
Last bumped on Jul 24, 2018, 3:51:32 PM
Self-cast Arc? Arc is super mana hungry. Sometimes it can get up to 200 mana a cast. Your simplest solution would be to switch to a Poet's Pen build and bypass the mana cost completely.

If you want to remain self-cast, you're going to need mana leech somewhere. You can get it on a boot enchant, but that's on kill only. Another option is a Watcher's Eye, something like:

Warlord's Mark is another option and probably the easiest. You can get it on an Elder ring (expensive, but effective) or you can attach it to Herald of Thunder on a Curse on Hit support (Herald of Thunder + Curse on Hit + Warlord's Mark).

The only problem with relying on curses is Hexproof maps and enemies. Personally I'd recommend getting a a watcher's eye like the one I linked.
Last edited by poepoe091 on Jul 21, 2018, 1:10:43 PM
reroll your flasks. your life flask is eating you mana, and your mana flask is eating your life. That mana flask is also giving you physical damage leeched as life, which does NOTHING because you dont deal physical damage...

Mind over Matter is also (Obviously), going to eat your mana. It's great, but you need more mana if you're going to use it.

Yes, there are some map mods in yellow maps that stop mana from naturally regenerating.

Do you really need 'Careful Planning' Jewel? ICK. The only thing i can see that you need Dex for, is Chain Support, which isnt linked to anything. I Guess you're using shield charge+faster attacks, you can just use a lower level faster attacks gem, it isnt going to ruin the build. Jewel is a huge waste of a jewel slot.

You have Decoy Totem in your Tabula. This means your Arc is only 5 link. If you're only using a 5link, go buy a real armor that has, you know, mods...

You took 2 small attack/cast speed nodes down by the shadow start point. Unspec those and get the Nimbleness node instead if you want cast speed. You get the same 12% cast speed over 3 points, but you also get move speed and chance to not be stunned, instead of attack speed.

Theres also Crackling Speed right next to there, which is just a good dps node to get.
Well I got super lucky and got a 6-link Ornate Ringmail with 3 blue, 1 green and 2 red sockets. I am not sure what jewels would work with Arc in that setup ... just got it today from a chest.

First ever 6-link.

Could that be used?
Well I made a few changes based on the suggestions and I am dying more ... I am working getting that jewel but no one is responding. thanks for the feedback
"
JustKiddingOK wrote:
Well I made a few changes based on the suggestions and I am dying more ... I am working getting that jewel but no one is responding. thanks for the feedback

Is the guide you mentioned Enki's Arc Witch? It looks very similar, although some gem setups are different, so I would think you could get excellent advice in there.

Edit: From what I can tell, your resistances are through the roof (150%?), so you should have no problem at all dumping a ring and going for Essence Worm + Wrath. That will boost damage a whole lot.

Herald of Thunder can be nice, but by now probably doesn't do all that much for you, and takes up a great deal of mana (life). Better to dump it. Clarity helps, so make sure that is up all the time. It seems a little low-level compared with the other gems, so make sure you keep levelling it up. Maybe it's newer than the others or something.

Is the 6-link chest you found corrupted? I guess so based on the discussion, but if not you can ofc change the colours yourself. I got my first ever six-link as well a few days ago, but it wasn't that well-rolled and with the wrong colours, so had to put it up for sale cheaply. But it was awesome just to get it. I wondered what that unusual sound was xD
Last edited by Pangaearocks on Jul 21, 2018, 4:55:49 PM
"
JustKiddingOK wrote:
Well I got super lucky and got a 6-link Ornate Ringmail with 3 blue, 1 green and 2 red sockets. I am not sure what jewels would work with Arc in that setup ... just got it today from a chest.

First ever 6-link.

Could that be used?

link it in the thread. when you're typing a reply, up at the top left of the page you can see your character portrait. click the portrait and your character inventory + stash pops up. click an item you want to display for us.

3 blue would be Arc+Added lightning+lightning pen. green is chain. one red would be empower. no idea if the 2nd red can be anything useful. if it was 4B1G1R it would be super cool though....
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Jul 21, 2018, 4:47:45 PM
I have an arc-trapper saboteur and I get most of my mana regen from jewels:

You can trade for rings that have % of damage leeched as mana. If I need even more I have to make room for the Clarity aura. Then there is the Warlord's Mark curse that leeches 2% of attack damage as both life and mana. Plus the stuns complement well with lightning shocking.

Good point from Pangaearocks. If you're way over-capped on resistances you can afford to sacrifice some and get mana regen on your jewelry.

Also check out the PoE wiki on Leech. There is a list of items that leech life and mana.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
He's self cast arc witch. he 100% does NOT want to drop herald of thunder.

A) it gives about 50% of the damage that added lightning damage support does, which then gets multiplied by all his lightning/spell/ele %. its a big boost.
B) Mastermind of Discord. 25% lightning pen while he has Herald of Thunder. 25% reduced mana reserve of heralds. 25% increased effect of heralds.

I guess the Op doesnt have MoD. I do. It's ballin.
Last edited by Thror2k5 on Jul 21, 2018, 8:16:11 PM
This is my 6-link I got ... I don't have enough chromes to fiddle with it ... but If the sockets worked with some support gems then I would just use my essences or alcs to get something nice on it. I added the quality BTW ... it had some and I just pushed it to 20%. I am not using the trap at all so I can move that out of boots. Not sure what to do with that setup but if they were all blue then I could move stuff around. The helmet I traded for a while back.

I will try not to move immediately when I pop into the incursions and see if my computer catches up. I am on a laptop (it was my development system and powerful years back) but I didn't buy it to play games. It was upgraded to Windows 10 ... I can't afford the Loreweave looks like those are pretty expensive :)

Rarity: Normal
Superior Ornate Ringmail
--------
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Armour: 311 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 61 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 47
Str: 69
Int: 69
--------