[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

"
Baraldir wrote:
Hi been leveling this build since yesterday and it feels great atm !

But i'm wondering what's the best option for the chest ? you say that you're considering going loreweave but you play with a rare one so i'm a little confused :p

A classic 6L life res chest is a great cheap option.
Loreweave is the best in slot, but a 6 link loreweave could be very expensive (5-6 ex) + the fact that you don't have elemental res and low amount of maximum life on it force you to upgrade the rest of the item to get the 76-78% max res and a decent amount of HP

Trying this build this league, very enjoyable and very effective even with a low play time.
"
Hydraks wrote:
"
Baraldir wrote:
Hi been leveling this build since yesterday and it feels great atm !

But i'm wondering what's the best option for the chest ? you say that you're considering going loreweave but you play with a rare one so i'm a little confused :p

A classic 6L life res chest is a great cheap option.
Loreweave is the best in slot, but a 6 link loreweave could be very expensive (5-6 ex) + the fact that you don't have elemental res and low amount of maximum life on it force you to upgrade the rest of the item to get the 76-78% max res and a decent amount of HP

If your budget allows it, you could also try to deliberately avoid any res on your 6l-armour even if you are not using loreweave yet. That way, transition to loreweave is easier and you might need not to shuffle around 3 to 4 slots to accomodate for the lack of res on your chest.

That way, you could buy/craft a magic life/armour 6l armour and just regal it, if you are really looking for a budget option.

It's worth noting that the budget option of dual Frostbreath as weapons adds almost 100 fire res, easing on the res requirements.
Last edited by HatMatter on Jan 2, 2020, 7:41:59 AM
Anyone who killed awakaner lv 6-8 yet? Just wondering, i feel like this build has its limits
Hey guys, how does Catalyst work?

If you check my character, i put 2% resistance modifier on my ring that has 28+44=72 of fire resist, that should have gave me at least + 1
in my Character --> Defence --> Fire Resistance and it didnt change.

I had 72% fire resist in my character overall before and still have...??

(the cold and light didnt chance too btw)

tnx for the help!

I dont wanna waste more currency on Resistance Catalyst if it dont work the way i supposed.

My goal was to +20% my ring so my fire res would be around 86%

ok... i figured it out, each (line of texte) are affected independently.

so at 20% quality its gonna be :

+28 * 20%
+44 * 20% ect....

Last edited by Falcon_Power on Jan 2, 2020, 2:32:43 PM
So, i'm selling my gear for this build to try out something new. With this setup it can reach ~12milion shaper DPS. Had no problem killing any boss except Sirus ( mostly because i lose so fucking many portals to the cyclone phases ). I'm only selling it together, not breaking the set. The price is 45 exalts for the whole set, slightly negociable. Hover over the items to see the gems and links

Last edited by PrinceOfPower on Jan 2, 2020, 3:28:28 PM
Would love a few POB links for different steps of progress for leveling. I'm a PoE noob and it would make this build much more friendly for jumping into it!
does the life/mana leech node work if you are 100% converted to cold dmg?
"
Pagels wrote:
does the life/mana leech node work if you are 100% converted to cold dmg?

yes
"
Sevreth72 wrote:
Would love a few POB links for different steps of progress for leveling. I'm a PoE noob and it would make this build much more friendly for jumping into it!

I hear you. I was in the same boat. Here's what I did in roughly which order:

Warrior's Blood, Heart of the Warrior, Born to Fight.

Go down to the leech node, you can use the short cut described below.

Work your way up to Devotion, Holy Dominion, Divine Fervour.

Do the 'proper long' route towards the leech node, using some respec points. Get Ambidexterity.

By level 50, put away the leveling stuff and use Frostbreath. You can now start to allocate mace-related nodes, in particular Pain Forger and Galvanic Hammer.

It goes pretty fast from 50 to 75, the following nodes were the last to take: Disemboweling, Life Nodes around the Constitution Cluster (but I did take Constitution around 75), Jewel Slots, Expertise (when I needed it for Starkonja's and some Gems).

As a guideline: Don't skip the big life nodes and pick whatever unallocated node offers the best relative dps addition in the POB.

"
"
HatMatter wrote:
Hey guys, I'd appreciate some leveling advide: maybe I'm missing it in the top post - is there any recommendation on how to progress in the skill tree? Are there any nodes I should rush to asap?

From my point of view, one of the best things to rush is the Leech node. I even did it(by accident mind you, but it was a fast way to get to it) by going the short route through a few attribute nodes shown by the red arrow. After that I finished the "long way"(green arrow) and just got the 3 points back with the refunds that you have. Overall I hate having mana issues and that's why I always try to solve them first with the way I assign points in the passive tree.

After the leech node and finishing up the "long way" I started going to the top-left side for mace/scepter damage and stuff. But overall at this point you should just look at your damage/survival and decide where you should go first.
Hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info