[3.11] Ice CRASH IT ALL Juggernaut * beginner & budget friendly! tank with high dps!

"
Benville wrote:

*Changes*

So yea, the first update i only had done it to increase damage and after a while a felt to be lacking a lot of survivability, with this block changes i feel a lot better, its keeping 4m+ dps, the life is a bit of issue, but i feel like 5k+ with the 74% block and phys reduction is ok.

About the boots, i'm still using kaom's because i'm crafting a new belt and gloves,the belt is a hunter influenced with life, %life, 3 t1 res and t1 ele dmg, so i will not lose life chaning to rare boots, and the gloves will be warlord influenced t1 melee dmg, t1 atk speed, t1 phys dmg, life and 2 res. After those 2 i'll make a tailwind boots, maybe elusive for the dodge, if i dont get elusive i'll get the extra phys as cold that redeemer has.

I'll also gonna make some changes to the ring and necklace but only after belt and gloves aswell, gonna try to make assassin mark, life, phys dmg, atk speed shaper ring, and the neck i'll try to remove the cold dmg and put a res, also try to get t1 on it.
Last edited by Gusmaozin on Jul 4, 2020, 9:04:00 AM
"
Kajhs wrote:
Hey, thanks for the build!

I was wondering if Alira wouldn't work better than the 2 passives?

Also, is there something to synergize with Glancing Blows or is it just to help with damage spikes?

I'm using Alira, the resistance and the crit multi are way better then 2 passives.

The glancing blows is a mitigation so u dont have to always rely on only phys dmg reduction, so with capped block(75%) u will efectively receive 50% less damage from hits 3 out of 4 times.
Last edited by Gusmaozin on Jul 4, 2020, 9:07:07 AM
can we not craft anything better to replace doryanis for this build?
"
Gusmaozin wrote:

I'm using Alira, the resistance and the crit multi are way better then 2 passives.

The glancing blows is a mitigation so u dont have to always rely on only phys dmg reduction, so with capped block(75%) u will efectively receive 50% less damage from hits 3 out of 4 times.

Hey thanks! Your variant looks interesting too.
What ascendancy order do you recommend? Unyielding last?

btw is there any reason to go for melee range with this build? I don't understand why the OP pathed to Brinkmanship.

If not, then pls take a look at this:
https://pastebin.com/kTUBPqNg
I fiddled a bit with your setup and used the same amount of points. Retribution and Sanctity are exchangable. What do you think?
Last edited by Kajhs on Jul 4, 2020, 9:14:26 PM
"
HeeroMaki wrote:

I think boots shouldn't matter much due to you running around more with leap slam then anything else. But I guess depends on peoples play style.

There just isn't enough mana in this build to use Leap Slam for much other than proccing Fortify. I ended up being able to link Leap Slam to Blood Magic by having extra sockets from ditching KR, which greatly improved mobility.
"
Kajhs wrote:

Hey thanks! Your variant looks interesting too.
What ascendancy order do you recommend? Unyielding last?

btw is there any reason to go for melee range with this build? I don't understand why the OP pathed to Brinkmanship.

If not, then pls take a look at this:
https://pastebin.com/kTUBPqNg
I fiddled a bit with your setup and used the same amount of points. Retribution and Sanctity are exchangable. What do you think?

Yea, i would say Unyielding last.

Also i don't see a reason to travel to Brinkmanship aswell.

I took a look and it looks solid, i was thinking of doing what u did, dropping the duelist nodes and traveling to the from call to arms to the block nodes, but i already quitted the character. I was able to farm around 100ex with it already so i made a more expensive character.

I would keep with Retribution, but u are using thread of hope u dont need to travel between them, u just get the single point and use the rest somewhere else. I was getting Divine Judgment in the Earlier days, its a good dps increase and has a 2% penetration. I was also thinking of trying something passing in Strong Arm node. It seems to be a strong node aswell.
I tried Divine Judgment and Strong Arm but they weren't good enough. I cut Galvanic Hammer, so that would be the next best thing. Bludgeon Blitz too, but it gives attack speed which means more mana drain. But I guess taking life at that point is better.

What does OP mean with "Multistrike is needed for AS"? Aren't we glad if we can get more DPS without Attack Speed? Is there a reason to take Multistrike? Because if you take Ruthless instead you end up with more DPS, lower mana drain through lower AS and lower mana cost on the skill.
https://pastebin.com/GQV6GVN8

My version using 2H Axes (Staff or DW should perform better with Block/Block Chance), but I just wanted to make it work from a solid Flesh Ripper roll that I had (the 50% CC is amazing).

TLDR - 4.22M DPS after my 2 final awakened gems are leveled, using only Endurance Charges. 2.54M DPS without Flasks. 5.47M DPS with Power & Frenzy charges active (assassin's mark can provide power charges, blood rage for frenzy charges)

6897 HP, 81% Phys Reduction (can be improved with different Chest and Boots that are armor strict - I still need to craft/trade for better pieces). The next phase to improve Chaos Resist (my Jugg last league was at +24% chaos res), achieve 90% Phys Reduction and get my HP to around 7K.

You can sub out Multistrike for Fist of War and Ruthless for Pulverize and add Seismic Cry if you want to utilize the exerted slam mechanics (I would enchant "Travel Skills cannot Exert War Cries" craft on your ring.
"
Kajhs wrote:
I tried Divine Judgment and Strong Arm but they weren't good enough. I cut Galvanic Hammer, so that would be the next best thing. Bludgeon Blitz too, but it gives attack speed which means more mana drain. But I guess taking life at that point is better.

What does OP mean with "Multistrike is needed for AS"? Aren't we glad if we can get more DPS without Attack Speed? Is there a reason to take Multistrike? Because if you take Ruthless instead you end up with more DPS, lower mana drain through lower AS and lower mana cost on the skill.

Well, i didnt have any mana problems, except in maps without mana regen and without mana leech, apart from that i could leap slam all i wanted, using warcry on walk button and cast the ice crash whenever. I dont see why u guys are having mana problems, but if u think the change from multistrike to ruthless is good u can try. I like the multistrike, i like the attack speed, despite only utilizing the atk speed on boss fights, cuz i was 1 shotting every pack.
what is the purpose of having a ring with herald of ice skill. is that just cheeze added because blood and sand at 10% res, herald of purity at 25% and hatered at 50% leaves nothing for a herald of ice to exist.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info