[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

Interesting build, I am planning to use it as a League Starter in Delve. A very cheap starter setup with just a few Chaos to spend on paired with a good curve on spending some currency into it seems to be perfect for a casual player like me. Thank you for this build!

I have some ideas/questions:

1) What about taking the Single Damage Setup without Ancestrall Call and Melee Splash and going for Reave for clearing, just switching to Dual Strike for Bossfights? You don't need other Gem Colors and the AoE of Reave should be much better...

2) What is the interaction of Bloodseeker and Slayer leech? Will it work properly or will the instant leech of Bloodseeker remove the "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life" from Brutal Flavor? I like Slayer so much ;-)

3) I wonder where to get freeze immunity from gear. Maybe a "Surgeon's Stibnite Flask of Heat" can do the Job, you should be able to do enought crits to get required Flask charges...

Thank you for you help,

Greetz
darthfelix
"
OniCuter wrote:
You probe this build without bloodmagic and with auras?, I suppose you get more damage and loose defense, but the question is, isn´t better the damage you got with auras vs the life you got with bloodmagic in tree?... Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a newbie question but I´m a bit noob here... Thanks...
So the typical damage auras are hatred and herald of ash. We already have so much added damage from offhand and flasks that those auras really don't add very much damage at all, it's around 20% combined. Compare that to blood magic which adds something like 1000 life, and considering we do enough damage to melt stuff already it's better to not die. Someone did have the idea of running purities for auras and picking up spare life nodes which after my PoB testing is actually about equally viable, but I can't include that in the guide until I actually test it.

"
darthfelix wrote:
Interesting build, I am planning to use it as a League Starter in Delve. A very cheap starter setup with just a few Chaos to spend on paired with a good curve on spending some currency into it seems to be perfect for a casual player like me. Thank you for this build!

I have some ideas/questions:

1) What about taking the Single Damage Setup without Ancestrall Call and Melee Splash and going for Reave for clearing, just switching to Dual Strike for Bossfights? You don't need other Gem Colors and the AoE of Reave should be much better...

2) What is the interaction of Bloodseeker and Slayer leech? Will it work properly or will the instant leech of Bloodseeker remove the "Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life" from Brutal Flavor? I like Slayer so much ;-)

3) I wonder where to get freeze immunity from gear. Maybe a "Surgeon's Stibnite Flask of Heat" can do the Job, you should be able to do enought crits to get required Flask charges...

Thank you for you help,

Greetz
darthfelix
1. Reave is the undisputed king of clear speed, but I don't particularly enjoy gem swapping. My gear is good enough now that I can probably just do reave for everything but guardians+, but it's also important to note that dropping damage reduces survivability. For instance, I once facetanked a a T15 brine king while his cold shield was up, on a minus max + reflect map. It was...kind of close at the time, and I would have just had to back off with reave. Yes reave's AoE makes that easy, but the idea was to be able to facetank anything without caring, so I embraced that goal =P. So yes, I think that's a totally fine idea, but I can't really recommend that in the guide as it's less straightforward, has the annoying gem swap issue, and potentially less safe in some facetanking situations.

2. Unfortunately doesn't function the way you're hoping. With instant leech, the leech effect ends instantly as it just dumps the leeched amount to your health pool. Technically the effect does still end when you get to max life unless you have slayer overleech, but you don't get any benefit since you can't have more life than your max. (However, instant leech plus slayer overleech is how those old school Retch builds worked.)

3. Surgeons is just bad unfortunately. When it comes to multihit moves crits are only rolled once, so even though we hit 6 times with each right click we still only crit once. That means we're only critting on average 2.25 times per second. With surgeons only being 20% chance on crit to gain a flask charge that's a whopping .5 flask charges per second. Just always go chemist's if you can; it increases flask sustain and max uses per flask. That said, unfortunately freezes can be a problem with this build, but luckily we have so much life plus we run brine king that I don't actually think it has ever killed me. If you want to open strongboxes without identifying them though, or just want to be super safe against freezes just run some kind of freeze flask. My flasks are always up when I need them even without any surgeons shenanigans. I have a granite freeze flask in my stash I pull out for some scary map mod combinations.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
can someone check my setup pls! https://pastebin.com/gMLUemB2
I need advice on what to improve to my dps I feel like my dps is too low even when equiping damage on full health and ruthless support the dps on the tooltip is just 36k .
Would you think it can be switch from dw to claw/ lycosidae or the lost of the sword is just too huge ? Second, would it work with a pure frostblade/bleed and use a 4link+ for single target. Elder/shaper item or whatever. Just asking i might give it a try in Delve, i was looking for something like this sweet ad easy kind of play. Always been more of a clearspeed guy over single target thats why im asking if the frostblade with bleed setup would work too :)

Thanks in advance
You probe this build without bloodmagic and with auras?, I suppose you get more damage and loose defense, but the question is, isn´t better the damage you got with auras vs the life you got with bloodmagic in tree?... Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a newbie question but I´m a bit noob here... Thanks...
I have Legacy Acuities and wanna try that build on Standard, before Delve starts. Can I replace the Unique Claw with a Rare one ? And what would you recommend ?
Hi can you check if my rapier is alright to use or if my phys dps will kill me in ref maps. Idk how to link it because I’m using an iPad right now. Character is ArteriusVenous
"
glocknine wrote:
can someone check my setup pls! https://pastebin.com/gMLUemB2
I need advice on what to improve to my dps I feel like my dps is too low even when equiping damage on full health and ruthless support the dps on the tooltip is just 36k .
I can check your PoB later, but I have a few tips from just looking at your character sheet now I can give. Keep in mind there's a lot of settings in PoB that need to be checked for it to give you accurate damage. You need to check always on full life, enemy is taunted, taunted recently, check your charges etc. If you're referring to the in-game tooltip, it is extremely inaccurate for calculating your effective damage given the amount of buffs/debuffs in PoE, so basically ignore it. All of the numbers I gave in the guide are PoB related, and I tried to explain which settings I had checked to get those numbers.

Now for the tips. First off, you should be using a diamond flask over any other dps flask. It's almost as much damage as lion's roar with no annoying knockback downside, but is up way more often. It's broken, seriously, diamond flasks should probably be nerfed they're so good. Honestly with instant leech and a huge life pool, I don't even bother with a life flask at all much less three of them, so you should be able to sneak it another damage flask on top like sin's rebirth or taste of hate, which also add defenses as well. Those flasks in particular will add more damage for you in the current state because your offhand isn't added a lot of damage as element yet. Incidentally, a new offhand is probably one of your top priorities. Getting a 35% implicit rapier with 35%+ added as cold and room for crafted crit multi would be a fairly significant damage boost and wouldn't cost too much. Probably get a new amulet next (prioritize crit multi over flat phys damage) that has some life on it, after that you should be in a good spot. Upgrades like corrupted bloodseeker and haemophilias, starkonja's with lab enchant, etc will be nice but will cost a bit, but you should be clearing fine without them.

"
OniCuter wrote:
I answered that near the top of page 9 =)
"
Major_Dark wrote:
Would you think it can be switch from dw to claw/ lycosidae or the lost of the sword is just too huge ? Second, would it work with a pure frostblade/bleed and use a 4link+ for single target. Elder/shaper item or whatever. Just asking i might give it a try in Delve, i was looking for something like this sweet ad easy kind of play. Always been more of a clearspeed guy over single target thats why im asking if the frostblade with bleed setup would work too :)

Thanks in advance
So dual wielding gives a straight 20% more physical attack damage and 10% more attack speed, which is insane just in its own right. On top of that, it lets us take some of the best attack damage passives on the tree. But all of that pales in comparison to the motherload of all reasons to dual wield, the reason that 2H builds are on life support in the hospital: Shaper stat sticks. Getting two hatred auras and 5 skill points worth of crit multi in a slot is unreasonable. I'm guessing that switching to a shield would cut your damage in half. Also I'm not sure why you want lycosidae, as once we hit something we already can't miss, so we don't actually get a damage buff from it. Lioneye's with its huge amount of flat life would hilariously put us around the 10k life mark, but I don't think I'd give up half my damage for it. Maybe you could play it as a gladiator and lycosidae has a lot of value for the no miss, plus then you can scale some block? That's just a different build than this one though.

Sure you could play as frostblade, I recommend leveling with it anyway as it works so nicely with little support. That said I think vaal reave would actually be better for a clear speed oriented version of it, and dropping your VDS into a 4L, or maybe a nice pseudo shaper 6L would be solid. I actually played with reave for a while this league and man that skill clears fast, but having the vaal version really is important. I'm not sure why you want to use bleed though. Doesn't really do much damage unless you have a crazy specific build around it, and even then it's only ok. If you were leaning towards frostblades I'd probably consider going full ele conversion which opens up a lot of nice damage options (but then you couldn't bleed at all).

"
Macromaster wrote:
I have Legacy Acuities and wanna try that build on Standard, before Delve starts. Can I replace the Unique Claw with a Rare one ? And what would you recommend ?
Uhh, well you could, but honestly I wouldn't recommend going claws at all at that point. Jewelled foils are absolutely insane with their attack speed and crit, and the damage isn't much different from other weapon bases. The final tree is also better and has more damage for swords than claws. This is basically the standard VDS build but you're dropping in legacy acuities instead of the standard tombfists, which to be fair is an amazing trade and that's what I would play if it wasn't legacy. There should be a fair number of guides on this, like there's at least one on the duelist front page atm and I think mathil did it at one point as well?

"
Hi can you check if my rapier is alright to use or if my phys dps will kill me in ref maps. Idk how to link it because I’m using an iPad right now. Character is ArteriusVenous
Uhh, I think you're posting in the wrong place? I don't see anything relating to this build on your character.
for fights like elder or shaper what do u recomend? i tried elder t14, i killed him but the shaper died becasue of adds. i was using ruthles and dmg on full life. i should use rutles and splash? or waht do u reocmend?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info