[3.5] FACETANK THE WORLD | Instant Leech! 8k+ life, 2.5m+ Shaper DPS Double Strike

First of all, good job on the build and guide!

Quick question about the deeper parts of Delving, e.g. 300+. How is the build doing? I am not really concerned about bosses as we can facetank them, but about how smooth the delving is overall. Is our lifepool/defenses big enough to survive initial hits and is our DPS still strong enough to quickly eliminate packs.

Thanks in advance!
"
bugverwirrt wrote:

Quick question about the deeper parts of Delving, e.g. 300+. How is the build doing? I am not really concerned about bosses as we can facetank them, but about how smooth the delving is overall. Is our lifepool/defenses big enough to survive initial hits and is our DPS still strong enough to quickly eliminate packs.

Thanks in advance!

I've made it to the early 400's so far (I push only after I level and will stop trying to level at 95 or 96) and here's my experience:

Repositioning is key to avoiding being hit with the blue crystals (if you can see them) and getting through some chokepoints while traveling between nodes. I personally prefer the Blood Magic version of the build as I don't worry about running out of mana for our movement skill. The physical explosions help with getting rid of corpses but there still are some. You're going to get crit/frozen and just insta-die sometimes, but it's far less than the previous build I was using (starforged cyclone slayer). Actually, the poison from the zombies is what scares me the most as it's brutal if you don't catch it fast enough and find something to smash to refill your life.

I also avoid super rippy mods by moving horizontally (and sometimes back up) then going back diving. I haven't had any issues with DPS so far by using that tactic, even in biome nodes. As I get deeper, I'll update how things are going.

Basically, it's whirling blades to pack, couple swings (maybe), boom they expode, repeat.
"
Drwaz99 wrote:
"
bugverwirrt wrote:

Thanks in advance!

I've made it to the early 400's so far (I push only after I level and will stop trying to level at 95 or 96) and here's my experience:

Repositioning is key to avoiding being hit with the blue crystals (if you can see them) and getting through some chokepoints while traveling between nodes. I personally prefer the Blood Magic version of the build as I don't worry about running out of mana for our movement skill. The physical explosions help with getting rid of corpses but there still are some. You're going to get crit/frozen and just insta-die sometimes, but it's far less than the previous build I was using (starforged cyclone slayer). Actually, the poison from the zombies is what scares me the most as it's brutal if you don't catch it fast enough and find something to smash to refill your life.

I also avoid super rippy mods by moving horizontally (and sometimes back up) then going back diving. I haven't had any issues with DPS so far by using that tactic, even in biome nodes. As I get deeper, I'll update how things are going.

Basically, it's whirling blades to pack, couple swings (maybe), boom they expode, repeat.
If freezes are that scary just drop sin's rebirth for freeze flask. I didn't run it in incursion because I knew when freezes would be scary due to bosses/map mods so I would swap one in then. If freezes are always potentially scary in the freeze biome I would just always run a freeze flask in it. Stibnite, silver, granite are all fine choices depending on preference. Also, while there are a lot of pros and cons to the non-BM version of the build, you should definitely be running whirling blades on a blood magic gem so that part shouldn't feel any different.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
"
Drwaz99 wrote:
"
bugverwirrt wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Basically, it's whirling blades to pack, couple swings (maybe), boom they explode, repeat.
If freezes are that scary just drop sin's rebirth for freeze flask. I didn't run it in incursion because I knew when freezes would be scary due to bosses/map mods so I would swap one in then. If freezes are always potentially scary in the freeze biome I would just always run a freeze flask in it. Stibnite, silver, granite are all fine choices depending on preference. Also, while there are a lot of pros and cons to the non-BM version of the build, you should definitely be running whirling blades on a blood magic gem so that part shouldn't feel any different.

You make some really good points here that made me think...I'm going to try this out for deeper delves: I dropped Blood Magic nodes, picked up some more DPS/Life nodes, added Hatred and Herald of Purity auras, replaced the Sins Rebirth with a Sulpher of Heat (Taste of Hate has the cold resist and is almost always up anyways) and added blood magic support to WBs. I lost about 250 hp (currently at 7,250) but gained significant DPS, which I think I will need as I go deeper and monster HP levels skyrocket... I'll test this out and see how it handles in another couple of days when I (hopefully) ding 95. A little more glass cannon, so we'll see.
I really hate not having a skill like leap slam or lightning warp next to whirling blades. Is this bypassable?
"
Wonkie wrote:
I really hate not having a skill like leap slam or lightning warp next to whirling blades. Is this bypassable?
Well you can use a secondary movement skill for gaps and ledges, but there aren't any good options. Leap slam can't be used with claws, flame dash is terrible without cast speed, charged dash requires movement speed and we ditch it since whirling blades, and lightning warp requires cast speed AND movement speed AND a reduced duration gem to be not garbage. Basically you can charged dash or flame dash very slowly, which is ok if you only need it occasionally, but if you want it to be fast you'll have to use a quicksilver and then go with charged dash.
[3.3] FACETANK THE WORLD: Instant Leech Immortal Double Strike: poeurl.com/b0JX
[2.6] THE DISCIPLINER: Insane Defenses Support Mana Guardian: poeurl.com/ZGS
bro this build use vaal pact?
"
yovellalg24 wrote:
bro this build use vaal pact?

No, our weapon gives us old, broken vaal pact instead!
"
PsychicMuffin wrote:
"
Wonkie wrote:
Well you can use a secondary movement skill for gaps and ledges, but there aren't any good options. Leap slam can't be used with claws, flame dash is terrible without cast speed, charged dash requires movement speed and we ditch it since whirling blades, and lightning warp requires cast speed AND movement speed AND a reduced duration gem to be not garbage. Basically you can charged dash or flame dash very slowly, which is ok if you only need it occasionally, but if you want it to be fast you'll have to use a quicksilver and then go with charged dash.

can you not use leap slam regardless because of your offhand if it is a sword for example?

edit: nevermind, I didn't know lp was main hand only.
ign: PhrozenFlame
Last edited by cocomoloco on Oct 4, 2018, 5:32:10 AM
"
Wonkie wrote:

wear this in your weapon swap then fast press X jump and press x again :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info