[On Hold] Elemental Hit Ascendant [All Content]

"
Any guide for crafting a bow?
In Depth section under weapons has my 4 socket resonator recommendation.

"
What are some ways to easily get more physical reduction?
Consider something like going Juggernaut for endurance charge generation. Weapon swap for a Fortify setup. Also Taste of Hate can make some phys damage get applied as cold damage. Also consider dropping blood magic for some auras. Some auras that convert physical damage to elemental with Watchers Eye are the Purities. You could also drop Kaoms for Elder/Essence crafted chests that convert phys to elemental and get that mod on helmets as well. These are all ways to get physical damage reduction.

"
This is my first bow build ever and he said you can use a Crit variation of the build but I don't see a build path for it, can anyone link one or am I missing it some where?
The crit version is not covered in the guide. In the intro I have a link to windz youtube guide which I believe is crit.

"
Got a question about the cwdt-vaal cold snap setup.With avatar of fire,we deal no cold damage,so how are we supposed to chill with the cold snap gem? Is there a mistake there or am I missing something?
Cold snap can chill even when not doing cold damage.

"
How necessary is the hematophagy node?
Leech rate is important and makes the build feel great IMO. Try not using it and see if it still works the same for you. Like I mention multiple times this guide is just a guideline and I encourage people to make tweaks to fit their playstyle.

"
Why the Frenzy nodes and nodes around Acuity in the pastebin tree?
I am always experimenting with the build and the guide is simply a guideline. I have tried a deep delving build that was using a dual Ichimonji setup for fortify swapping and using Dying Sun and Taste of Hate to scale extra projectiles and survivability. I have tried an inspired learning version of the build for faster mapping. If you simply want to copy my PoB and not read the guide then do so at your own risk!

"
How important it is to get the Fire Pen effect from The Wise Oak? I don't know how to get PoB to calculate this modifier.
Id say it's the main reason to use Wise Oak at all. If you aren't benefiting from that half of wise oak a different flask might suit your needs.

"
I just thought I'd pop in with a status report from Hardcore Betrayal and mention that this build is very viable also in HC, even if you're on a budget and are somewhat of a irregularly playing PoE:er (/ever a novice :) ). For me the goal is survivability and clearing in higher tier maps, and I am yet not even considering end-game content, but for a more experienced player this should be no problem in HC.

I'm currently at level 89, running T12 maps with no issues (and no economy for higher tiers, atm). Mainly due to poor economy combined with crazy corruption luck I am using a +2 Frostferno over a 6L bow, and will focus any hopeful economic growth into my gloves/belt/boots/rings gear (and lvl 21 elemental hit) rather than the end-goal of a really nice 6L bow.
Awesome to see the build performing in HC. I enjoy seeing the variations and I think the next time I play the build I will try Frostferno out myself. I love to try different versions of the build for variety's sake so the next PoB will probably involve that!
I need suggestions on what to upgrade next.
I have about 10 spare exalts, farming uber elder without problems (sometimes dying to syndicate > guardians > uber elder)

Need suggestions on what to upgrade next:
-Still don't have good clear bow (would probably cost 8-10ex for a decent craft with multimod)
-Still don't have 2 abyss socket gloves or boots (but they are expensive and would reduce the number of skill gems I can use)
-My boss quiver is point blank corrupted Drillneck. I just realised I don't even know if it's pierce modifier is working when there is no "arrows pierce an additional target" implict.. Probably need a good rare quiver then.

Profile link: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Amoeba_/characters
Last edited by Amoeba_ on Jan 16, 2019, 4:24:46 AM
Take a look at my build - I have pierce on helmet for the drillneck issue. Crafting a bow for clearing is fairly simple - most expensive part should be linking it

edit: Whoops - this is for the person above - meant to quote
Last edited by Slottm on Jan 16, 2019, 8:17:30 AM
Hello thi3n the build is really nice, its my second league in poe and i actually managed to get full atlas completion and fight uber elder, i failed though i forgot to swap greater multiple projectiles for damage on full life support. Do u recommend chinsol bow + drilneck for boss fights? Also could you please take a look at my gear and see if u have any suggestions for things i should change? Thanks a lot!
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/koliosor/characters
Is Quill Rain adequate for a clear speed bow? I need a second bow but I don't really have much of a budget atm.
-dougans-

I bought this bow for cheap. I'm using it as my bossing bow for now, but it can probably be improved (dexterity, mana and accuracy useless). I have never crafted an item before. What would you guys recommend?
"
dougan wrote:
Is Quill Rain adequate for a clear speed bow? I need a second bow but I don't really have much of a budget atm.

Why second bow? You can beastcraft or syndicate-craft (vorici at research) white socket on your current bow if it’s just for different gem colors
Last edited by wjxue1221 on Jan 16, 2019, 7:23:20 PM
I'm at level 92 with this build and really enjoying it. It is annoying getting one shot by Syndicate members sometimes even when my tree was a bit different and I was up to 7.7k hp, but I'm sure most builds are dealing with the same issue this league.

Struggling to find a rare quiver that can beat Drillneck in PoB. How much did you all wind up spending on a decent one?

Also, what do you all think of using Voidwalker boots for delving? I've been using a pair and it gives permanent phasing along with the +5 pierce. Phasing is super useful in delves, but I give up the resists and life I could get from rare boots.

Last edited by Silverback0124 on Jan 16, 2019, 10:06:35 PM
Build feels pretty good after I invested a lot in it.
Deathless uber elder kill on lvl 88 with 7300 HP :)

"

Struggling to find a rare quiver that can beat Drillneck in PoB. How much did you all wind up spending on a decent one?

roll extra arrow mod + HP (or t1 elemental damage). Then "prefixes cannot be changed", scour and multicraft everything else
Or just roll standalone extra arrow mod, regal and 50/50 annul a second mod if it's bad and then multicraft
Last edited by blg_RealiZe on Jan 16, 2019, 11:17:20 PM
"
roll extra arrow mod + HP (or t1 elemental damage). Then "prefixes cannot be changed", scour and multicraft everything else
Or just roll standalone extra arrow mod, regal and 50/50 annul a second mod if it's bad and then multicraft

Awesome advice! Thanks a lot.

I completed the prophecy chain to get the "prefixes cannot be changed" recipe (should be a really handy one) and used up ~200 alts without getting T1 life. Finally got a lone extra arrow mod and bought an annul but of course lost the extra arrow mod. Heh.

I'll try again once I farm a bit more currency. Should wind up being a lot cheaper than spending > 5ex on the market, even with my luck, the high cost of annuls, and the very high cost of the multicraft craft, I hope.
Last edited by Silverback0124 on Jan 17, 2019, 1:05:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info