[3.3] CI Incinerate Occultist | cheap 1M+ Shaper DPS | 10k ES | Shaper down

Welcome, this is my first build, so any feedback is very welcome!
I made this build mainly because I really wanted to play CI. Incinerate offered itself being quite competitive DPS wise even with the little scaling on gear. So that's what I picked! So far this build has proven to be quite strong, with massive amounts of quality of life with the immunity to many different ailments. I'm still progressing and will keep this updated.

- Red Elder down at 89, 3 portals due to me being bad mostly
- Shaper down, 1 death, would be easy deathless if you have more experience than I do
Spoiler

Highlights:
- easily over 1m Shaper DPS, 1.5m is feasible with Xoph's Blood
- 10k ES
- Immunity to stun, chill, freeze, bleed and any other chaos damage
- 2.5k Regen / Leech per second sustain
- Works well on a <5 ex budget

Overview:
Spoiler
This is a build that uses Incinerate as a main damage skill. The build is shaped around Chaos Inoculation. It doesn't rely on crit and works on mostly rare gear with a handful of uniques that are highly encouraged but not required.

Pro:
- Immune to stun, chaos damage, bleeding chill and freeze
- 10k ES
- Double curse
- No uniques required, the recommended ones are very cheap with the exception of Apep's Supremacy

Con:
- DPS is only average, 1m Shaper DPS is achievable, anything more will be very expensive
- Cannot run element reflect or no leech (No regen is obnoxious but very doable)
- Relies on conditional physical mitigation (Fortify, Basalt Flask, CWDT+IC)

Videos:

Path of Building:
Spoiler
My current PoB: https://pastebin.com/QMwhQLxh

Skilltree, Ascendencies, Bandits:
Spoiler
Skilltree:
Early Tree
Second Lab, get CI
Level 90
You can choose your path quite freely, grab IC whenever you feel comfortable with your ES levels. I wouldn't recommend it before the second lab, and definitely not before the first lab. Whether you get Essence Reaver or not is up to taste. The sustain with the delayed ES regen is really awkward against bosses sometimes, but insanely strong when you can proper use it. Essence Reaver just makes the sustain overall more consistent and safer. Don't get it early though since Incinerate has weak but rapid hits, you might leech at a really weak rate while levelling.

Ascendencies:
Wicked Ward > Vile Bastion > Profane Bloom > Malediction

Bandits:
Kill all for the passive points

Pantheons:
Gruthkul for physical mitigation
Lunaris when mapping, Solaris while bossing

Gear:
Spoiler
Weapon:
Spoiler
Use a rare sceptre with the following stats:
- Cast Speed
- Increased Spell Damage / Increased Fire Damage
- Flat Fire Damage to Spells

My recommendation is searching for a Spectre with the "Topotante" temple mod, they are cheap to get and with a handful of good affixes or a simple craft they become incredibly strong.

Example: I bought this for iirc 5 or so chaos, crafted flat fire damage on it.

Shield:
Spoiler
Here we use Apep's Supremacy. It gives us a good chunk of ES, a minor spell damage boost and flat chaos damage, maximum resists (unfortunately conditional) and most importantly it makes us immune to bleed.

If you can't afford it yet you can either use the non awakened version "Apep's Slumber" or just any rare shield with:
- ES
- Resists
- Spell Damage

Helmet:
Spoiler
This is easy, just get a rare helmet with:
- ES (look for 200+)
- Resists

For Enchants we are looking for any of the incinerate enchants. Order of strength is:
+ Maximum Stages > Damage per Stage > Increased Damage > Increased AoE

Example:

Unique recommendations:
If you cannot afford a good helmet just use Doedre's Scorn.

Chest:
Spoiler
This is the heart of your defenses. Be ready to spend 2~3 Ex on a 6L, or 50 chaos on a 5L. We're looking for:
- ES (400 at least, 500+ is what you should aim for)
- Resists

Example: This is what I'm using, pricepoint was 3 ex.

Something like this is easily enough already, pricepoint 30-50 chaos.

Gloves:
Spoiler
We use rare gloves with the following:
- Resists
- ES (not -that- important here)
- Flat Fire Damage against Burning Enemies

Very important here is the flat damage, it's quite cheaply available thanks to the insanely powerful "Puhuarte" temple mod. You don't need a good base here, if anything you can use hybrid bases too.

For Enchants I can't recommend anything, I haven't looked into it yet.

Example: My current gloves, pricepoint was 1 chaos

Boots:
Spoiler
Here we're also looking for rare boots with:
- Movement Speed
- ES
- Resists

My current boots, pricepoint 20-30 chaos.

Amulet:
Spoiler
Look for a rare amulet with:
- Stats (Strength and Dex)
- Resists
- increased maximum ES

Enchants we're looking for: Crit chance when you haven't crit recently, Regen when hit, Movementspeed when not hit. There's plenty other good alternatives, so just roll until you're happy.

My current amulet, pricepoint 5 chaos.

Belt:
Spoiler
This is a no brainer, it's cheap, gives us a chunk of ES and a bit of damage:

You can easily get some good corruption on this, just buy a bunch and pray.

Rings:
Spoiler
This was a tough choice. I opted for two cheap uniques rings:
Malachai's Artifice: slot this with lightning golem and we get a cheap -37.5% fire penetration.
Dream Fragments: Since we are pure ES and have very little life (before CI), we are incredibly suspectible to both chill and freeze. This makes us immune to both and nets us a bit of resist too.
I cannot recommend any rare alternatives, and they are both very cheap. Look for a >95% roll on lightning resistance on Malachai's Artifice.

Jewels:
Spoiler
One unique option that I can highly recommend is Energy From Within.

Slot this in the center above the Heart and Soul node for a nice chunk of ES.

Otherwise we're looking for rare jewels with:
- Increased Maximum ES
- Increased Fire Damage
- Increased (Area) Damage
- Cast Speed (with Fire Skills / While holding a Shield / & attack speed)
- Resists

Important is, you can use Jewels to fill in your resists since we are starving them a bit.

Flasks:
Spoiler
Unique recommendations are The Sorrow of the Divine and Atziri's Promise. Otherwise it's up to taste, I highly recommend a flask with ignite immunity and curse immunity. Stibnite Flask is amazing for the smoke cloud, Basalt Flask gives us much needed physical mitigation. For the last slot I chose a Silver Flask just for the biggest damage increase. You can easily use a Quicksilver Flask if you wish.

Gems:
Spoiler

Incinerate (in order of importance)
Incinerate - Faster Casting - Immolate - Concentrated Effect (Increased AoE while mapping) - Combustion - Controlled Destruction

CwDT, Cold Snap gives us frenzy charges while mapping, the Vaal version while bossing
Vaal Cold Snap (Level 7) - Cast when Damage Taken (Level 1) - Immortal Call (Level 3) - Increased Duration (Level 20)

Auras
Blasphemy - Discipline - Warlord's Mark (Level 10) - Enlighten

CoH / Proc Elemental Overload
Firestorm - Curse on Hit - Flammability - Increased Critical Strikes

Movement & Fortify
Shield Charge - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Rest
Decoy Totem - Herald of Ash - Flame Dash

Scaling:
Spoiler
Most of our damage will come from high level skill gems. A level 21 Incinerate is an immense damage boost.
Next on the list are enchants: The +2 Maximum Stages enchant nets us a damage increase of a whopping 25% more. Any of the other's are easily a ~10% more damage increase and as such still very valuable.
Third we have the weapon. Most of our damage will come from our weapon, some flat damage with a lot of increased Fire and Spell Damage will boost your damage considerably.
Otherwise there's lots of little bits, many elder and shaper mods can be very helpful, from cast speed over elemental penetration.

Levelling:
Spoiler
Until the end of Act 2 I advise using any skill that you enjoy, I personally ran Rain of Arrows with Quill Rain until I transitioned to Incinerate towards the end of Act 2. You can transition to Incinerate at any point of that.
A few levelling uniques I can recommend:
Asenath's Mark
The Dark Seer
Brinerot Whalers
Doedre's Scorn

Last edited by Torokard on Jul 22, 2018, 8:55:55 AM
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2018, 9:20:35 PM
i am doing the build, and i enjoying it so far, just having a littl bit trouble with the weapon
For your weapon, don't sweat too much, any sceptre with some cast speed and spell damage is perfectly fine, just make sure you grab a good base (Void Sceptre, Opal Sceptre, Sambar Sceptre). Heck you can even use a wand if you can't get your hands on a decent sceptre, keep in mind that you cannot use shield charge with that. (Which your survivability will suffer quite a bit under, Fortify is strong).
very nice build, i am enjoying it a lot,
at moment level 84, steal missing the helmet, because with the enchant is very expemsive

Last edited by jldv34 on Jul 26, 2018, 1:54:50 PM
Hi there, I am a newer player so sorry if this is a silly question: you say you get double curses. How does this work?
Sorry for the slow reply, I'm currently on vacation!

Basically, per default you can only apply one curse on an enemy. But as an occultist we can either get an additional curse from the passive tree in the top left area if you want to have the second curse early on (which I can highly recommend if uber lab is not easily available for you). Later you'll respec those points when you get the extra curse from the uber lab ascendency. Or you can even run three curses if you wish so, but applying them might be a bit of a hassle.
Not sure Malachai's Artifice is such a ggod idea tbh.

You sceptre gives you flat fire damage added to spells , I think that also applies to your golem. ( I believe this is that case )

So instead of lowering fire resistance it will increase it.

Last edited by Ulysses55 on Aug 30, 2018, 7:31:13 AM
I'm confused. Which curse(s) should be used with the Blasphemy aura?
Hi, i've been trying this build in Delve

I always play witch :3 and last league i did Volatile Dead Poet¡s Pen.. was so good..

And this is kinda the same (i tried and if i failed i could changed)

Anyway it worked out nicely, im lvl 81 atm, and just went kinda differently instead of C.I., i bought a Shav Wrap, and 5 L atm, i got an spare 6 S. (still trying to 6 L) i got kinda lucky got exalt (today) and tabula when i was around 30 lvl. (Got the Shav so i can Pain attunement and cast 2 curses as auras)
Also got Karnage Heart, since Xoph seems so far away, (i could switch for Pressence of Chayula, but im poor (that will mean some arrangements on Skilltree)

Really sweet ;) Regards. Hope i knew how to share my equips :c
Last edited by chwyixpop on Sep 3, 2018, 8:44:55 PM
"
emagdne wrote:
I'm confused. Which curse(s) should be used with the Blasphemy aura?

Warlords Mark since that is your only source of leech which you need to sustain your mana.

"
chwyixpop wrote:
Hi, i've been trying this build in Delve

I always play witch :3 and last league i did Volatile Dead Poet¡s Pen.. was so good..

And this is kinda the same (i tried and if i failed i could changed)

Anyway it worked out nicely, im lvl 81 atm, and just went kinda differently instead of C.I., i bought a Shav Wrap, and 5 L atm, i got an spare 6 S. (still trying to 6 L) i got kinda lucky got exalt (today) and tabula when i was around 30 lvl. (Got the Shav so i can Pain attunement and cast 2 curses as auras)
Also got Karnage Heart, since Xoph seems so far away, (i could switch for Pressence of Chayula, but im poor (that will mean some arrangements on Skilltree)

Really sweet ;) Regards. Hope i knew how to share my equips :c

Glad to hear that the build is still doing good in Delve! I'm playing something else myself. On a higher budget that is definitely a good choice too, might as well go LL Pain Attunement. Presence of Chayula is a good pick but not quite necessary since you have innate stun immunity thanks to occultist already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info