[3.4] Bow Fire Elemental Hit Juggernaut | Endgame | HC Viable

"
vvamic wrote:
"
RIPSL664 wrote:
I am not sure what I am doing wrong. But I tried a ghetto tonight after respecing from the vd/bodysawp poet's pen jugg to this build...and the results weren't pretty. Granted, I did tinker with the skill tree a bit and grabbed a couple more jewel sockets instead of the nodes near the duelist start area, so I could add more abyss jewels for more damage. I haven't added any jewels to those sockets, or to the bubonic trial I am using.

Maybe that's why my damage was bad...? I tried a t8 map and it was smooth. Hell, even the boss died easily with the xoph's bow I was using. But when I tried the t13 ghetto, I died 5 times... Even with my 5l chin Sol, my damage couldn't melt Argus.

Oh, and I am not using a frostferno. Instead I am using 5l xoph's for clearing and 5l chin Sol for bossing.

I'm not giving up on this building until I finish it and add some abyss Jewels to it. I just hope that it will perform as good as I have seen it to be.

Checked your gear and setup, here is my feedback:

1. Get a better quiver, the only thing your quiver is giving you is additional pierce. A decent non crit quiver should have
i) Pierce/Additional Arrow
ii) Any flat add to ele damage.
iii) Projectile Speed / Attack Speed
iv) Increased Ele Damage with Attack Skills
v) Life/Stats or anything else you require.

2. My build already has lower APS, so don't skip any APS nodes on tree that i have taken, also try to get some on gear if possible.

3. You are also missing most important craftable mod on gear i.e Increased Ele Damage with Attack Skills. Try to stack it by crafting on gear if they don't have it already. Easy examples are on quivers, bows, belts.

4. Level up your gems. Quality the ones that give more damage or attack speed.

5. A ele penetration Anger Watcher's eye if you have currency would also give good boost to damage but it's really not necessary.

Finally you have to understand that a 5-link bow will always give lower damage than a Frostferno unless you are using a really good rare bow.

Hope that helps.

Actually, that helps a lot! I just put it together with some gear from my previous Poet's pen build without making any actual investments. I just thought, 'hey, ele hit seems OP. I bet it can work with sub par gear.' after i saw some videos of ele hit on youtube. What I didn't realise was that they all had gear dedicated for that build

I kinda figured that I need better gear to destroy end game after i played with my ele hit today. Thankfully, I got the currency to make the investments!

Thanks for replying to my problem! You helped a lot!
Where do you place your Combat Focus Jewels? Path of building not allowing me to view tree :(
"
Nathan1902 wrote:
Where do you place your Combat Focus Jewels? Path of building not allowing me to view tree :(

Although it doesn't matter where you put Combat Focus jewels as they don't need nodes to be allocated and count the combined 40 of the 2 stats, so they work in almost any jewel slot.

But here is a screen shot of my Skill Tree
Spoiler

The Bottom one is Combat Focus Viridian
The Top one is Combat Focus Crimson
The Middle one is Lioneye's Fall
Last edited by vvamic on Jul 26, 2018, 12:45:02 AM
how do I go about having enough mana for single target elemental hit because I lose more mana than I regen with dmg that I go down to regular auto attacks.
"
dmitriy138 wrote:
how do I go about having enough mana for single target elemental hit because I lose more mana than I regen with dmg that I go down to regular auto attacks.

Only 2 ways to counter that i.e high Mana Regen or leech. With Frostferno + Call of brotherhood you get upto 100% increased mana regen combined. To boost it even further, you can get lab enchant on boots i.e "Regenerate #% of life & Mana if hit recently" which is great both for life & mana regen.

Offcourse easier ways would be to take better Mana leech nodes on tree rather than .4 one i have taken.
Last edited by vvamic on Aug 9, 2018, 9:12:53 AM
Whats the difference in dps in the BM vs the non crit mana tree ?
"
Kraeoss wrote:
Whats the difference in dps in the BM vs the non crit mana tree ?

Not much from the tree, the main difference is that when going BM, you miss out on aura's.
Like Herald of Ash is great for clear speed or if you want to use a watcher's eye with Anger, etc.
Last edited by vvamic on Aug 5, 2018, 8:00:05 AM
Ahh, gotcha, Thanks mate, so far build is solid, mana issue isn't too bad.
Hi is the build dead now or is the dmg good to do shaper/uber elder
Last edited by JuhlDk on Sep 2, 2018, 11:02:14 AM

Trying this build, do i still need to use the combat jewels or with the nerf are they not worth suing? ( kinda confused as to why use them after nerf, how do they increase damage after nerf?)
Also how would goin slayer work? pors/cons over jug? this for HC btw

Ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info