[3.3] LL Incinerate CwC by Paige - "Watch The World Burn" - Viable for All Content

"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
Ralouch wrote:
This build is very fun to play, lots of great explosions and death and destruction. I just leveled this up and am very pleased with it so far. My only question is the sort of strategy used for the new flamebast stages mechanic along with bodyswap. I've tried holding it down but that seems to just simulate flickerstrike, so would a more reserved channeling be better? also im not sure how to treat the wave of fire after releasing, is it best as a tool to hit futher away mobs or is it for DPS somehow?

Its more like a poets pen lightning warp except you need to be paying attention to if theres corpses around and if there is, are they in the direction you want to go.

The release is used to ignite, which obviously DoTs and also lowers fire pen. The only time this is useful, in most cases will be against bosses that have a high enough life pool to warrant dropping your Incinerate stacks for a couple seconds. On Shaper for example as soon as I hit max stacks I release to keep that fire pen up..

Okay cool, thanks!
Last edited by SNORLAXIO on Feb 1, 2021, 6:33:39 AM
"
SNORLAXIO wrote:
6L'd my Shavs, got my Merciless ascendancy and so far the build is a lot of fun. Really quick levelling, and feels really strong in yellow maps at 5kish ES. Hoping to take it to red maps tomorrow!

Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear you're enjoying it.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
I think it's cool that you're experimenting with incinerate and have been successful. It inspired me to try out your body swap cwc combo, and thought it was pretty cool. Looking through this also made me consider converting my incinerate build to low life.

I don't like the advertised 2.3 million shaper dps.

There's a lot of stuff ticked on in the path of building pastebin that shouldn't be:

1. There's no source of ash or shock in this build
2. Fighting the shaper hits the curse effectiveness pretty hard
3. We're assuming we have perma onslaught (it lats 4 seconds) from a 8% on-kill abyss jewel.
4. We're assuming we have perma Vaal Righteous Fire or we're phasing the shaper before it runs out.
5. The incinerate enchant caps at +2 to maximum charges, not +4. It's bugged in path of building.

https://i.imgur.com/Csfgx2W.png

We're being generous and kept all the thicc corrupts and flasks enabled.

Not an attack on your build. The numbers being fudged rubs me the wrong way, and I think the build's cool enough to not need to do it.
Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Jul 15, 2018, 4:36:30 AM
"
DeadlyParadox wrote:
I think it's cool that you're experimenting with incinerate and have been successful. It inspired me to try out your body swap cwc combo, and thought it was pretty cool. Looking through this also made me consider converting my incinerate build to low life.

I don't like the advertised 2.3 million shaper dps.

There's a lot of stuff ticked on in the path of building pastebin that shouldn't be:

1. There's no source of ash or shock in this build
2. Fighting the shaper hits the curse effectiveness pretty hard
3. We're assuming we have perma onslaught (it lats 4 seconds) from a 8% on-kill abyss jewel.
4. We're assuming we have perma Vaal Righteous Fire or we're phasing the shaper before it runs out.
5. The incinerate enchant caps at +2 to maximum charges, not +4. It's bugged in path of building.

https://i.imgur.com/Csfgx2W.png

We're being generous and kept all the thicc corrupts and flasks enabled.

Not an attack on your build. The numbers being fudged rubs me the wrong way, and I think the build's cool enough to not need to do it.

2.3 Million Shaper DPS is just with Incinerate, we use CwC. The boss is selected as Shaper on PoB, so the decreased curse effectiveness and extra elemental resistances are taken into consideration with those numbers.

Vaal Lightning Trap is a common source of shocking. Though I haven't listed it as part of the build, there's more than enough room to fit it in there. Again I haven't listed a way to cover enemies in ash, Xoph's Blood/Xoph's Heart are always available. As people have mentioned, Eye of Chayula is not required since we're already stun immune, I mostly take it for the Chaos Resistance.

Even with +2 Incinerate stacks you're at 2mil Incinerate DPS, 1.2m Flame Surge and considerable ignite DPS. In reality Flame Surge is also a decrease in overall DPS, Firestorm is better. But there is no easy way of calculating DPS, Firestorm quite possibly is around double what Flame Surge does, especially since we stack so much flat fire damage, but I was generous and left Flame Surge on there instead.

While what I have enabled in PoB is not permanent numbers, I think everybody knows that RF and flasks do not last forever, neither does Onslaught. When I listed PoB with nothing enabled, people were saying the build sucks because it's 400k DPS, now I enable what's possible and you're mad it's too much DPS, so it's a lose lose.

At least I don't have made up click bait numbers in the title of my build, and videos of boss kills in Standard league with legacy gear claiming its league viable, I guess.

I kind of assumed the majority of people who are going to be using PoB links would be well versed in it enough to figure out what's enabled and what isn't. If not, yall are going to have a hell of time finding a build.

I'm pretty sure if I was trying to fool people, numbers wise, I'd have finished the passive tree and hand crafted GG jewels/gear in there, instead it's just my own tree and my own gear, with my flask selection which is geared around defense, not offense, Flame Surge which is less overall DPS than Firestorm and shocking/covered in ash can be easily achieved by a single amulet swap and 1 gem swap.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Last edited by OhhPaigey on Jul 15, 2018, 11:16:51 AM
"
2.3 Million Shaper DPS is just with Incinerate, we use CwC. The boss is selected as Shaper on PoB, so the decreased curse effectiveness and extra elemental resistances are taken into consideration with those numbers.

https://i.imgur.com/zkj7k9x.png

As-is settings on pob when the build is imported.

Your build is advertised as a CwC build. No one who reads this is going to assume the incinerate dps you list is with the CwC links dropped. That's silly.

"
Vaal Lightning Trap is a common source of shocking. Though I haven't listed it as part of the build, there's more than enough room to fit it in there. Again I haven't listed a way to cover enemies in ash, Xoph's Blood/Xoph's Heart are always available. As people have mentioned, Eye of Chayula is not required since we're already stun immune, I mostly take it for the Chaos Resistance.

Vaal Lightning Trap only multiplies damage by 15% ever since the shock rework. The shock thing in pob assumes your shock multiplies by 50%.

I get that you can easily swap out the amulet, but you're giving up the energy shield and boss stun immunity. That's a pretty painful and deadly swap. I'd guess you get stun locked by anything that hits quickly, like Piety's red spinny tornadoes.

You're not actually running either thing in your build, both options aren't suggested anywhere in the guide, and they're not even equipped in pob. Having it enabled in pob just feels dishonest.

"
Even with +2 Incinerate stacks you're at 2mil Incinerate DPS, 1.2m Flame Surge and considerable ignite DPS. In reality Flame Surge is also a decrease in overall DPS, Firestorm is better. But there is no easy way of calculating DPS, Firestorm quite possibly is around double what Flame Surge does, especially since we stack so much flat fire damage, but I was generous and left Flame Surge on there instead.

Yeah, in my experience Firestorm deals a lot more damage than Flame Surge. I'm very happy with it. I'd guess large difference in damage is probably because of the base cast speed of the two spells. Firestorm's is very slow and Flame Surge is very quick, so Firestorm gains a larger benefit from the CwC setup. I actually lost a bit of dps/barely broke even when I played around in pob with the Flame Surge setup.

I tried googling around for how to calculate the DPS on Firestorm, and saw a few people recommending 4-5 hits per storm castsish, but they also mentioned that it depends on your area of effect. I tried using it with conc effect vs. without conc effect, and actually felt like I did more damage on single target without it, despite people saying it tightened up the spread and made more balls overlap.

"
At least I don't have made up click bait numbers in the title of my build, and videos of boss kills in Standard league with legacy gear claiming its league viable, I guess.

Yeah, that's true.

"
I'm pretty sure if I was trying to fool people, numbers wise, I'd have finished the passive tree and hand crafted GG jewels/gear in there, instead it's just my own tree and my own gear, with my flask selection which is geared around defense, not offense

Your Shav's in pob is corrupted with something you don't actually have and your helmet is enchanted with something you don't actually have.

(Unless the verified thing is screwing with me, or you bought them on entirely new pieces of gear)
Last edited by DeadlyParadox on Jul 15, 2018, 2:30:42 PM
I don't normally read through comments on these posts, but it seems like this build is getting a lot more hate than most/it deserves. I wonder why :thinking:
Could you try making a tree for a life-based elementalist? Not that I'm against CI, but playing softcore the damage is the fun part! Nice build nonetheless.
What am I missing here? How do you cast firestorm with incinerate since you have bodyswap on there? I'm confused
"
SilaQ wrote:
What am I missing here? How do you cast firestorm with incinerate since you have bodyswap on there? I'm confused

Switch Bodyswap with Firestorm.

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info