Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

First time I've played a summoner. Super fun, but now I'm kinda stuck. Don't know what else to upgrade and I'm too poor to go for the expensive items. Can someone take a look? Anything on the cheaper side (under 2ex) that I should look for?

"
zdupix1993 wrote:
Hey im currently going with Pledge and EB, how do i fit in here animate guardian or is it the best dps option ?

you can fit AG in the body link with zombies, just move flame dash instead of frost wall in the CWDT link and unlink it (or make it high enough lvl that it wont matter).

it'll def get you more dps. (and defenses with the right AG gear)
"
saxisa wrote:
First time I've played a summoner. Super fun, but now I'm kinda stuck. Don't know what else to upgrade and I'm too poor to go for the expensive items. Can someone take a look? Anything on the cheaper side (under 2ex) that I should look for?

I'd aim for better shield for the first item. Firstly, use 10 regrets on Commander of Darkness and pick Mistress of Sacrifice instead. Then, get shield like this:

Main things are reduced mana reservation (to fit in aspect of the spider) and 5% life recovery on block. Bone Offering + Mistress + life recovery is very nice boost to survivability.

I also recommend getting a wand with trigger craft (or open suffix for it, I can craft it for you). I'd get one even if it had a bit worse offensive stats. The fact that it casts Offering while you Dash around is too good to pass.

And anoint something on your amulet.

Edit: Upgrade potions, use only one life flask.
Last edited by Wermine on Nov 8, 2019, 1:09:08 PM
"
Wermine wrote:

I'd aim for better shield for the first item. Firstly, use 10 regrets on Commander of Darkness and pick Mistress of Sacrifice instead. Then, get shield like this:

Main things are reduced mana reservation (to fit in aspect of the spider) and 5% life recovery on block. Bone Offering + Mistress + life recovery is very nice boost to survivability.

I also recommend getting a wand with trigger craft (or open suffix for it, I can craft it for you). I'd get one even if it had a bit worse offensive stats. The fact that it casts Offering while you Dash around is too good to pass.

It seems I'm in the same position as this person. I unintentionally was mixing v1 and v2 of the wand/shield build (due to starting with a different guide before trying to follow this one). I do all the other content easily, but Uber elder wrecks me. I've been contemplating if switching from Commander of Darkness to Mistress of Sacrifice would be worth it... It appears that might be what I need to do as well?
It seems I'm in the same position as this person. I unintentionally was mixing v1 and v2 of the wand/shield build (due to starting with a different guide before trying to follow this one). I do all the other content easily, but Uber elder wrecks me. I've been contemplating if switching from Commander of Darkness to Mistress of Sacrifice would be worth it... It appears that might be what I need to do as well?

Uber elder is a fight that needs to be learned , with practice
A good start is always go counter clockwise, and the most important part is be aware of the shaper balls and beam and elder ring and slams
"
Wermine wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions! Couple of followup up questions- I don't have aspect of the spider, did you mean aspect of the cat on the gloves? And is it worth getting mistress of sacrifice even without trigger on the wand? Appreciate the offer for you to craft it by the way, I'll look for one with an open suffix. Lastly, thoughts on what best to anoint on amulet?
"
D2Junkie wrote:

If only I had someone to help me ;) Thanks Junkie!
"
saxisa wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions! Couple of followup up questions- I don't have aspect of the spider, did you mean aspect of the cat on the gloves? And is it worth getting mistress of sacrifice even without trigger on the wand? Appreciate the offer for you to craft it by the way, I'll look for one with an open suffix. Lastly, thoughts on what best to anoint on amulet?

1) I prefer Spider over Cat. You happened to have Cat in your gloves, but craft Spider anywhere on gear (takes suffix slot, you can craft normally one mod after this, so "beastcraft" doesn't take "normal craft" slot).

2) Yes, if you spam Offering manually (but seriously, get the trigger wand)

3) Ravenous Horde (speed, damage, onslaugth). Costs Verdant + Opalescent + Opalescent, so ~40c. Don't use it on your current amulet. Since you don't use Haste, you don't need your current amulet's dex. Get The Jinxed Juju and anoint that. Good budget option. You can change the amulet when you're gonna use 2-10ex for it or just leave at Juju forever.
I just got my +1 specter chest up and running, but I do not think I need the extra damage from a 5th salve driver, is there any good defensive specters? Proximity shield perhaps? The thing I seem to die most of is archers off screen ... :)
Last edited by aaOzymandias on Nov 9, 2019, 7:19:40 AM
"
aaOzymandias wrote:
I just got my +1 specter chest up and running, but I do not think I need the extra damage from a 5th salve driver, is there any good defensive specters? Proximity shield perhaps? The thing I seem to die most of is archers off screen ... :)

I think plains hellion does an aoe debuff that reduces nearby enemy damage by 30%. It doesn't seem to cast it often though.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info