Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
kayella wrote:

I recommend Slave Driver for starting the league until we can test more spectres (especially Heist spectres!).

Considering the general consesus seems that Slave drivers fall of come late game what will your plans be if there are no good heist spectres?
Thanks Kay!
You are awesome
"
BoozBear wrote:
"
kayella wrote:

I recommend Slave Driver for starting the league until we can test more spectres (especially Heist spectres!).

Considering the general consesus seems that Slave drivers fall of come late game what will your plans be if there are no good heist spectres?

It is actually pretty false that they fall off late game. They are still one of the best spectres. I've run SD's the last 4 leagues and they die on very rare occasions or to specific bosses. They absolutely melt bosses and still have very good map clear but they won't offscreen like RS.
Last edited by Vaildez on Sep 18, 2020, 10:26:42 AM
"
Vaildez wrote:
"
Krazy_X wrote:
Hi all, i'm coming back to PoE after a year long break. Chose this build as my league starter as i wont have much time to play and want a build that can start cheap and maybe transition into an end-game build. Hopefully i can at least reach Shaper kill.

Any tips on making the leveling easier? Should i level with minions like Zombies/skelies/specters? Or level with a self cast spell?

Leveling with minions IMO is easier but leveling with self cast spells is faster. So it comes down to whats more important to you. Kay has a solid guide for leveling with minions.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it.
"
Krazy_X wrote:
"
Vaildez wrote:
"
Krazy_X wrote:
Hi all, i'm coming back to PoE after a year long break. Chose this build as my league starter as i wont have much time to play and want a build that can start cheap and maybe transition into an end-game build. Hopefully i can at least reach Shaper kill.

Any tips on making the leveling easier? Should i level with minions like Zombies/skelies/specters? Or level with a self cast spell?

Leveling with minions IMO is easier but leveling with self cast spells is faster. So it comes down to whats more important to you. Kay has a solid guide for leveling with minions.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check it.

I did a test run for new Kay's leveling guide with Frost Pulse into SRS into Skeletons + Zombies. I'm not a spidrunner so it took me ~32-35 min on each act + all trials and all skillpoint quests. The only tip - dont bother using zombies till act 3, SRS and later on skellies with Flame totem do the work for you pretty fine.
"
BoozBear wrote:
"
kayella wrote:

All I can say is that GGG nerfed player Ball Lightning to 22 to 426 Lightning Damage.

Baranite Preacher's BL has 269 to 807 Lightning Damage (32% crit) and you get 5 spectres :P
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Last edited by kayella on Sep 18, 2020, 10:47:54 AM
Kay, your guide suggests Stone golem in act 4, but I guess with Skeletons and Zombies we can have Carrion for faster acts and bosses ? If we already feel safe and don't need extra regen.
"
kayella wrote:
"
BoozBear wrote:
"
kayella wrote:

All I can say is that GGG nerfed player Ball Lightning to 22 to 426 Lightning Damage.

Baranite Preacher's BL has 269 to 807 Lightning Damage (32% crit) and you get 5 spectres :P

Seems insane but the slow projectiles would drive me crazy mapping =( I can't even imagine how easy blight maps would be with that though! You prefer this over Thaumaturge?
Last edited by Vaildez on Sep 18, 2020, 11:01:33 AM
Thank you very much for updating the build, kay! I think we can use the same cluster jewels, but with overshock!?

@Vaildez, Baranite Preacher are available in maps only, you can't use them for elveling in a fresh league.

edit: Kay, the PoB for the starter build is an older version. Is this a mistake or don't you want to implement a pob?
Last edited by ententrainor on Sep 18, 2020, 11:21:24 AM
"
ententrainor wrote:
Thank you very much for updating the build, kay! I think we can use the same cluster jewels, but with overshock!?

@Vaildez, Baranite Preacher are available in maps only, you can't use them for elveling in a fresh league.

I never mentioned leveling with them. I am aware of how you get these minions.
Last edited by Vaildez on Sep 18, 2020, 11:12:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info