Kay's Summoner Memorial Page | New Guide is linked inside!

"
Singrave wrote:
"
vincentk wrote:
Does anyone have Redemption Knights to share?

omg new trend :-/

Actually...

https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Snow+Rhex

The dinosaur's default attack is the same as the Knight!
The dinosaur's special ability is "Chills from your Hits always reduce Action Speed by at least 30%" which is basically Temp Chains!

But, it says always 30% vs TC "Cursed Rare and Unique Enemies have (10-14)% less Action Speed"

Maybe a mix of Knights and Dinosaurs. The Knights gives some ranged attack with their special and the Dinos slow monsters.
🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
"
kayella wrote:

Actually...

Maybe let's get back to SDs? :)
With all those cluster jewels and great passives, endgame SDs can do up to 10mil DPS and with "aggressive playstile" it's superfast clearing and bossing with no need to swap gems.
One thing - they are getting old :-/

"
Singrave wrote:
Hi Kay, i'm struggling to like RS, don't know what, but their clear speed feels slow. Can you take a look at my POB link?
Please, just give me some tips how to upgrade the build so the RS' clear speed would feel better.
https://pastebin.com/E50UjFuh
"
Singrave wrote:
Long story short - you use the flask, it spawns 2 worms, you need to kill them before your minions would.
Holy Flame Totem is ok to kill 1-point-life things faster than your Redepmtion Sentry's.

Don't forget that you need corpses to spawn spiders.

Sometimes the AG or SG will kill the worms first as well. If you look at my youtube channel you can see old videos of my struggle with S&S in 3.6 before I used Speakers Wreath. And that was with super slow EVF.

You also need to worry about Devouring Diadem eating all corpses every 10s and Kitava's Teachings eating a corpse every 1s.

🔰🌀✨ Video guides on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/KayGaming ✨🌀🔰
🔶🔷🔶 Kay's Summoner build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3179145 🔶🔷🔶
Hey Kay, would you say the spectres EB / MoM build you just posted would be better than spectres and spiders for DPS and defense??

I'm currently running the spectres and spiders but wondering if it's worth going all in with them or with the new ones you posted?
Best guide ever. (y)
"
kayella wrote:

The crit build is definitely the best. But note that you neeed to reach a high crit chance and crit multi to make up for the low eHP (the example life pob has 6k life and necro aegis). It won't work if you only have one or two vicious bite jewels.

When the reddit post was first made, the writer said the jewels he used were 50c? Now they are 3ex minimum (just vicious and no other useful things) and you need 6. The rest of the build cost 100ex+? If you can afford that, give it a try. I wish I could :(

You can think of my build as the low budget tanky option for poor players :)

If my caculation is correct, 6 Vicious Bite + 2 Renewel give 15% more dps than 6 Renewal + 2 Vicious Bite - both with 3 Power charges

I think the most important is the helmet. If you give up Devouring Diadem and Speaker's Wreath, you can get a 7 link helmet: socketed gem supported by Minion damage, Hypothema, Concentrated Effect, 30% more ele damage with essence craft, +3 minion gem. This will give you 30-50% more dps, at the cost of Survivability
Last edited by H0X9 on Apr 17, 2020, 3:16:06 AM
"
Singrave wrote:

Maybe let's get back to SDs? :)
With all those cluster jewels and great passives, endgame SDs can do up to 10mil DPS and with "aggressive playstile" it's superfast clearing and bossing with no need to swap gems.
One thing - they are getting old :-/

The problem with SDs is they really have low hp pool, and they can be destroyed easily by delirium mobs in simulacrum or map with delirium orbs (deadly mechanics) even when you put some minion life nodes, it still won't help at all. Their DPS remaining the same but with low hp pool, it's all game over.
"
kayella wrote:

https://poedb.tw/us/mon.php?n=Snow+Rhex

Maybe a mix of Knights and Dinosaurs. The Knights gives some ranged attack with their special and the Dinos slow monsters.

I've been mixing Redemption Knights with Baranite Purge Knights for a while now. The two have similar stats and attacks and are best supported with the same gems. Together they give you chill and shock, making skitterbots unnecessary. This allows a different aura, or an aspect, to be used for extra offense or defense. Together they are a great replacement for the EVFs. (Snow Rhex could probably be substituted for RK.)

Though, it means you'd have to switch to a fire spell for EE/curse on hit.
Last edited by corpsehound on Apr 17, 2020, 4:43:05 AM
Then the fun part I ever had was mapping with spider and spectre. The map clear was very fast. Also, the spiders were aggressive, and the AI is very responsive.
It felt very smooth, but the one problem that I had was when. I died I would have to find mobs to summon to keep going through the map or kill a boss. The alternative route would have to use that silly worm jar. To summon more spiders that is my only problem and some times monsters I cant desecrate and stuff that is the only issue everything is fine but for a boss, I would love to just do take it down with a friend and thing because I play with one other friend so yeah.

On the build option on the forums under pledge of hands eb and mom you have written out the Ascendancy also you did that for the spectre and spiders, but on the eldritch and battery & mind over matter option, you did not put the Ascendancy in writing/bandits, but it is in the pure same with the league starter/ssf you didn't put the written Ascendancy either. Thank you for the super-cool guide.

Any thoughts or anything you can add Kay?
Last edited by JSLove on Apr 17, 2020, 4:11:00 PM
"
H0X9 wrote:
"
kayella wrote:

The crit build is definitely the best. But note that you neeed to reach a high crit chance and crit multi to make up for the low eHP (the example life pob has 6k life and necro aegis). It won't work if you only have one or two vicious bite jewels.

When the reddit post was first made, the writer said the jewels he used were 50c? Now they are 3ex minimum (just vicious and no other useful things) and you need 6. The rest of the build cost 100ex+? If you can afford that, give it a try. I wish I could :(

You can think of my build as the low budget tanky option for poor players :)

If my caculation is correct, 6 Vicious Bite + 2 Renewel give 15% more dps than 6 Renewal + 2 Vicious Bite - both with 3 Power charges

I think the most important is the helmet. If you give up Devouring Diadem and Speaker's Wreath, you can get a 7 link helmet: socketed gem supported by Minion damage, Hypothema, Concentrated Effect, 30% more ele damage with essence craft, +3 minion gem. This will give you 30-50% more dps, at the cost of Survivability
Vicious Bite gives a ton more DPS than Renewal if you assume power charges.

Renewal assuming you have Gravepact
0 -> 1 = 9.5%
1 -> 2 = 8.7% (19.0%)
2 -> 3 = 8.0% (28.6%)
3 -> 4 = 7.4% (38.1%)
4 -> 5 = 6.9% (47.6%)
5 -> 6 = 6.5% (57.1%)

Vicious Bite on the other hand (assuming no Precise Commander or other sources of crit chance/damage)
0 -> 1 = 17.6%
1 -> 2 = 16.9% (37.6%)
2 -> 3 = 16.1% (59.7%)
3 -> 4 = 15.3% (84.1%)
4 -> 5 = 14.5% (110.9%)
5 -> 6 = 13.7% (139.8%)

So...
2 Vicious Bite + 6 Renewal = 216.2%
6 Vicious Bite + 2 Renewal = 285.4% (32% better)

Not really sure why were' comparing 2 and 6. That's a lot of nodes that come at a high opportunity cost (ie you have to spend a lot more nodes in the large jewels) or a high currency cost (high end Voices are more expensive than HH).

---

P.S. I just got super lucky opening up the stash of stacked decks I had. I opened less than 3 ex worth of cards and came away with The Doctor, The Fiend, and The Nurse x2.

Now I just gotta figure out what I want to buy. I've been doing pretty well with the S&S build. I really like the life on kill sustain for mapping and the Simulacrum. Even with only ~5k health and almost no energy shield I generally only die to one shots from bosses. Although I haven't really done much with the orbs yet other than stupidly trying to do a 5 orb T16 and finding out I don't have the DPS for that. Any thoughts?
Last edited by ShmooDude on Apr 17, 2020, 5:42:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info