PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.4] AoF BV Chieftain | 1.1m+ Shaper DPS | 7k+ Life | Cheap

"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Spoiler
Hello Robako,

Interesting to see your gear and how you leveled. I similarly started off with ground slam but I had muled a BV from a Shadow so I switched to that at lvl 12.

Looking forward to seeing what sort of gear you go for and be interested to hear your experience with it. You look to be further on gearing wise than I am (really nice sceptre btw - was it expensive?)!

I have had to run a chaos flask atm. How much chaos res did you find stopped you getting annihilated by those damn spitters? I'm only in late white / early yellow maps but they still pack a massive wallop and quite often death if my flask goes down.

I am using vaal RF & vaal BV. Tends to melt bosses very quickly but the AI for the BV is a little wonky at times. It seems to love running after the one vaal construct in the corner of the room rather than going for the architects :(

I decided to go for the 100 fire res ascendancy rather than the covers enemies in ash node just to make my gearing easier / cheaper. Still 2 trials away from getting access to Uber and probably would like some better gear before attempting uber Izaro. I really suck at Lab but would like to make it through without a carry if possible!

Anyway, good luck :)

The sceptre only cost like 1-2c. Search for "One-handed melee weapon" type + "Rare" rarity with 70 minimum "increased fire damage" affix on pathofexile.com/trade. You can easily find fire version "of Topotante's" mod with this search filter. Also that sceptre has like lvl 15 lvl requirement lol.

I am about 5k life + 800 es with -20% chaos resist ( 20% from chaos+life wheel and 20% from ring ), I can barely survive against those spitter on yellow-tier. Usually I try to target all the small mobs first (especially ranged one) before going for Architect.

Never tried Vaal BV yet (just got one and lvling it), so no comments on that.

I actually going for Cover in Ash first because I want fire leech early, I fill my fire resist temporarily with purity of fire and random rares. Got my uber lab ascendency done yesterday and can finally proceed to update my gear. (Focus on dark shrines for possible buff + trap disabling, deal with Izaro room mechanic to ensure Izaro does not empower up as much at final phase)

Good luck on your BV Chieftain too!
Last edited by RobakoGarena on Aug 6, 2018, 9:56:04 PM
"
Sozou wrote:
Could Doon Cuebiyari a good choice as weapon? If so What would you use in the other hand?

Doon isn't a bad weapon, but the phys-to-fire convert sceptres just offer a ton more DPS. There's basically no reason to opt for a Doon unless it's just as a temporary weapon until you can pick up better gear.
Well, not quite there yet but build is starting to take shape now. I have opted for more of a mapping setup rather than a boss killing one. Still only in yellow maps so far and damage on a 5-link and with a low damage mace is fine.

The mace has the enemies explode for 5% of their life as fire damage which sounds amazing (if you like that sort of thing) even if it is a big damage loss versus a phys to fire: spell damage / fire damage sceptre. I'll probably try to get something for boss killing in the weapon swap.

Having the Loreweave with 80% max res was helpful. When I was dying it seemed to be to beyond bosses which throw out a lot of elemental damage. Also managed to get around positive 50 on my chaos res. Largely because of:

Very happy with this as I was running purity of elements to help with some resists anyway and the life recovery mod really boosts the life leech and regen I get. A little over 3k atm. Plus being bleed immune is really nice, one less degen to worry about and made uber lab a breeze. Especially if you like dying to traps like I do! XD

Need to buy a lvl 3 enlighten ideally to socket in boots along with the HoA, PoE & Vitality to make my mana pool a little larger. Also had to drop some life to go into sovereignty which was a shame. Looking at 6.5k life rather than the 7k I was aiming for. Having the Warlords Mark CoH makes sustaining mana easily once you are hitting things which is nice QoL though. Also running bloodrage and a CWDT + IC setup which procs the Arakaali Pantheon which should give me an extra 50% life receovery, hopefully making 4.5k life a second once something hits me hard enough to proc the IC.

Hoping to get a Mark of the Shaper to replace my garbage ring. Resists will be tight so again the purity of elements will help here.

Thanks again to OP for the guide. It was really helpful and I've followed pretty much all the basics for the build, just tweaked some stuff here and there to compliment my playstyle and the abundance of chaos damage in this league in particular. Feel very tanky whilst mapping so far and still a lot of gear and upgrades to go. Really fun though.
I'm very intrigued by this build. I played Elementalist BV in incursion league. For the coming league, I found this build which could be tankier, and it should be a great build for end-game bosses killer. I have a couple questions here, just want to check with you guys.

1. is this a good league starter build? (I think that I found my answers and suggestions on page 2, thanks)
2. before reaching end-game guardians, shaper, and elder shaper, can I use this build to do full key uber lab running?

Thank you very much.
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Aug 20, 2018, 9:17:50 PM
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
1. is this a good league starter build? (I think that I found my answers and suggestions on page 2, thanks)

It was my first and only build in Incursion - I felt it leveled quite well, especially since there's a lot of lower-tier/unpopular uniques that scale really nicely.

"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
2. before reaching end-game guardians, shaper, and elder shaper, can I use this build to do full key uber lab running?

I had no problems completing uber lab, but I did so fairly late. It's not the fastest build, but it'll take down both Izaro and his pet without much trouble once you've got about 3k combined leech + regen (you can't quite facetank them but even some subpar dodging should suffice).
Thank you, Danny, for very quick response there.

"
"
TxE4GL3k wrote:

It was my first and only build in Incursion - I felt it leveled quite well, especially since there's a lot of lower-tier/unpopular uniques that scale really nicely.

If you don't mind, can you share a little bit more regarding lower-tier/unpopular uniques you used during lvling, please?

Thank you.

"
TxE4GL3k wrote:
Thank you, Danny, for very quick response there.

If you don't mind, can you share a little bit more regarding lower-tier/unpopular uniques you used during lvling, please?

Thank you.

I used two Abberath's Horns for leveling for quite a while, but I was primarily talking about the Cauteriser as linked in the OP (which is just a nicely scaling cheap unique). I'm not sure if the Tactician qualifies, but I know I found mind quite cheaply before I believe it ended up rocketing in price.
Didn't really play much of the Incursion Flashback in the end. Really dig the build, just was fairly bored of the league mechanic. Didn't really finish the character completely as I never properly updated jewels or even got proper flasks.

Spoiler

Still happy with how the build worked out. Even with a shaper weapon geared more towards ASMR than damage the clear on an effective 4 link damage wise was still really nice up till the Underground Seas I ran a few of. Never got round to buying a single target setup but you would have one in a weapon swap if you planned on bossing.

Having positve 56 chaos res made chaos a non-factor in this league but probably not something to chase normally. Gaining reflect immunity through a Sibyl's, Yugul & the Watcher's Eye was also nice for juicy maps that rolled ele reflect. Again. totally not worth chasing.

The Vitality Recovery mod was really good though and probably the biggest survive-ability upgrade. Getting close to 4k life regen & leech & then another 50% (which probably stacks additively) once Soul of Arakaali procs from blood rage & CWDT+IC sees your life shoot up in almost every situation. Having 8k Armour without flasks (15k with), 30% block chance (which would be 50% if I ever bothered to buy a Rumi's), 80 max res, long duration Immortal Call & bleed immunity on top of decent life pool means a very relaxed mapping experience, even with all the craziness of harbinger and double beyond.

This was my first BV build so I don't know how it compares to Elementalist but this seems decent if you like tanky characters with a lot of regen & leech. Credit to the OP again for a well written guide. I expect for Delve this will be pretty popular!!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Aug 27, 2018, 4:25:38 AM
any 3.4 updates?

thanks 4 all of the hard work <3
"
BBLUE93 wrote:
any 3.4 updates?

thanks 4 all of the hard work <3

I'm not currently running this build so I haven't looked into any updates, but I don't believe it was hit by any nerfs at least. I suspect Herald of Purity is probably pretty amazing with this build. If there's interest I'm happy to load up PoB and do some theorycrafting, although it's unlikely I'll personally be running any version of the build this league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info