frame time spikes new with 3.3.1 (not better with 3.3.1b)

I am posting here rather than the Performance Issues forum because this is new with 3.3.1. I was playing the game in the minutes before the patch was pushed and then right after as well. I immediately noticed frame time spikes on lockstep while running labyrinth, but wrote it off to server issues due to people patching (I dunno, is that a thing?). In the last day, I have tried changing many things, but the spikes have not gone away. I have also crashed three times, where that is usally very rare: once in Lioneye's Watch, once in Costal Hideout, and once right as Izaro came out of elevator. I am running DX9 with Intel Iris integrated graphics (DxDiag at bottom). If I run DX11, the game is super blocky, but that has always been the case.

I have noticed that the spikes seem to occur the first time something new appears on the screen. For example, I get a frame time spike when someone new enters my hideout to trade. Oriath is a nightmare. This also includes graphics from flask effects and skills.

I attempted to replicate these spikes by going to a new area, waiting for the y-axis of the performance graphs to reset from the spike due to loading the area, and activating a single skill. Screenshots of the performance changes in activating each skill can be seen below. I get a spike the first time an effect takes place in most cases. These are each isolated effects. Real gameplay results in many of these spikes as different areas of the map load, different enemies appear, and different skill effect graphics are displayed. Lab is painful because this happens from the curse founts while going through traps.

Overall, I am very confused by performance drops when previous announcements said DX9 improvements were coming with 3.3.1. Instead, there is no mention of them in the patch notes and performance is worse.

Sulphur Flask

Silver Flask

Vessel of Vinktar

Forbidden Taste (no spike)

Atziri's Promise (no spike)

Ancestral Protector

Blade Flurry (no spike)

Whirling Blades
Spoiler

Immortal Call (first pack of monsters)

Alva loading on screen

pretty tame incursion as far as spikes go

Izaro

DxDiag paste: https://pastebin.com/K1muxsCb

bug report reference number 427,736,660
Last edited by L1L_I3E4R_NoScope on Jul 10, 2018, 9:24:27 PM
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2018, 12:44:32 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
this is more representative of what incursions are like. the one given above was act 9. this is T16. the incursion itself is bad, but it goes to maybe 1fps on the architects, making completion of incursions incredibly difficult. the only reason i am even still alive is a massive life pool. it wasn't like this before 3.3.1.

https://i.imgur.com/C7MkRid.png
Last edited by L1L_I3E4R_NoScope on Jul 3, 2018, 9:59:11 PM
It has been a week now and it's still a problem. Someone has essentially explained the cause of it in the technical support forum. Please fix this! I would have quit the league if I was trying to play a new character that wasn't tanky enough to live through these spikes.
still broken. here's some Act 9 incursion frame rate screenshots just for kicks.

still no fixes. other players have reported similar problems in the technical support forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info