Game Error

I've recently been experiencing random issues in the game. Everything will stop for a few seconds and then suddenly speed back up or my monitors will go black then come back on except for the display the game is on. I've been playing on this system for about a year and never had issues like this before.

This most recent time I got an error.

Exception

"Art/Models/Item/Weapons/OneHandWeapons/OneHandMaces/OneHandMace8.fmt": In source code File:
f:\buildslave\build\production\souce\windows\visual\device\d3d11\IndexBufferD3D11.cpp at line 40,
Processing file:
Error: -2005270523

Any help would be awesome!

Last bumped on Jul 8, 2018, 8:50:29 AM
Please do the following;

• Hold down the Windows key and tap Q.
  • Type Event Viewer and wait.
  • Click on Event Viewer when it appears in the results.
  • In the left pane expand the list of Windows Logs.
  • Click on the System entry.
  • Look for Errors which occurred at the time the game crashed.

Let us know whether you find any.

A DxDiag could also be useful.

Have you sent an e-mail to techsupport@grindinggear.com about this?
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Sorry for the late response. I reinstalled the game and that fixed the black screen issue. I'm now only having problems with the game pausing and then speeding back up after a few seconds. I looked in Event Viewer and found that my network card is disconnected for a few seconds and then is fine again. Not sure how to fix this.
Last edited by NastySoup on Jul 3, 2018, 1:56:55 PM
having this issue also latly:
"
"Art/Models/Item/Weapons/OneHandWeapons/OneHandMaces/OneHandMace8.fmt": In source code File:
f:\buildslave\build\production\souce\windows\visual\device\d3d11\IndexBufferD3D11.cpp at line 40,
Processing file:
Error: -2005270523

and found alot of people having the same issue, with no solution, until today is stumbled up un this tread, this pointed me to the solution:

i did check the "event viewer" and found that there are some issues with permissions to read/write to folders, because you or the system has no permission to do it.

it seems that when you upgrade to windows 10 from an older version, 7, 8, there is a bug in giving the correct permissions to some windows related stuff (don't remember everything)

So if you having this situation, upgrade from an older windows version to 10, then this could be a solution for you:

instead of repeating all steps her, this article will show you how to set the correct permissions in windows:

https://shauncassells.wordpress.com/2015/09/28/windows-10-event-10016-fix-the-application-specific-permission-settings-do-not-grant-local-activation-permission-for-the-com-server-application-with-clsid-d63b10c5-bb46-4990-a94f-e40b9d520160-and-a/

i hope this helps somebody

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info