[3.3] Loate's (Almost) Immortal Tricolor Jugg - Guardians/Shaper/Yellow Elder

"
As someone who has always had a ton of issues with Minotaur... thank you! https://imgur.com/a/mNmXVLP It was a full 5 mins kill on him but the bastard died before I did for once!

Two things I did to make this build easier:

-Bubonic trail boots + 4 eye jewels (one of each type and I took out the duration nodes for another jewel socket, 1 in boots, 1 in belt, 2 in tree). Also gives 40% more damage via the boot / jewel mechanic.

- Malachai's Mark gloves with Elemental Weakness curse to give the extra boost to clear speed.

Nice! Yeah there's lots of room for optimization/customization in terms of gear, I didn't really spend too much time trying to minmax it other than getting my resists capped. Bubonic Trail is nice to prevent DD, as IC won't block that damage.
Okay let's say something about the build.
First and foremost unkillable.
Second I think the effects are due to the quantity of alcohol necesszary to pray ti.
So do not zorry, ur eyeballs are not gonna bleed and even if so, roaring drunk u don t care...
"
LOSGI3 wrote:
Okay let's say something about the build.
First and foremost unkillable.
Second I think the effects are due to the quantity of alcohol necesszary to pray ti.
So do not zorry, ur eyeballs are not gonna bleed and even if so, roaring drunk u don t care...

I like your style.
Would u use the same configuration together with an attack + punishment on hit 100 % physical damage ? Just out of curiosity.
"
LOSGI3 wrote:
Would u use the same configuration together with an attack + punishment on hit 100 % physical damage ? Just out of curiosity.

Unlikely, since the only way to trigger Immortal Call reliably (other than self-casting it) is using the Poet's Pen, and Scold's won't work for a CWDT setup while Immortal Call is active.

You *could* theoretically do an Oro's Flickerstrike build that uses Eye of Innocence to bypass the Immortal Call for CWDT proccing of IC, but the math there is kind of nuts. I'll break it down.

To guarantee a 3 second Immortal Call (the length of the cooldown, thus permanent phys invulnerability), we need 650% increased duration on our Immortal Call (0.4 seconds base duration, +650% duration equals 3 seconds exactly).

With a level 16 Immortal Call giving us 145% increased duration per Endurance Charge, at 4 Endurance Charges (the minimum guaranteed from Juggernaut's Unflinching ascendancy) that's 580% increased, and throwing in a 20/20 Increased Duration gem (74%) gets us to 654% - just enough. However, this means we need a level 14 CWDT to trigger the Immortal Call.

A level 14 CWDT requires us to take 1980 damage. Eye of Innocence deals 100 fire damage every time we ignite, but we have to cut that down to 25 due to our 75% fire resistance. However, we also need to add 10% due to Oro's, so that puts us at 27 damage taken each time we ignite ourselves. This means we need to ignite 74 times over three seconds, or, put another way, we need to ignite 24.6 times per second (we'll round it up to 25).

Considering a normal flicker build gets up to around 11.4aps (using this build as a baseline https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1970849), and assuming a 100% ignite chance (doable, that build has 94%, bumps up to 100% if you put in a Mokou's Embrace), this means we need to make up an additional 14 ignites per second.

This is potentially doable by utilizing another CWDT setup with Firestorm, Conc Effect, Combustion, and Inc. Duration. CWDT at level 1 requires 528 damage, so 20 self ignites, which means it'll be a little slow to get going, but once your first Firestorm falls it'll speed up subsequent Firestorm triggers due to adding its own ignites to the CWDT threshold. Firestorm with a 20/20 Inc. Duration lasts for 3.5 seconds, and since it can hit 10 times a second per cast (assuming perfect placement and a large hitbox, more likely to be 6-7 due also to only having 90% chance to ignite on bosses from Flammability curse reduction), potentially gets us our additional 14 ignites quite easily if we can get the cycle going to where we're triggering 2-3 Firestorms per second (max is 4, due to the 250ms cooldown on CWDT), thus making us permanently physical immune. Hooray!

However, at the end of the day, it's all immaterial anyways since this still won't give us any benefit for running Punishment since it only gives more Melee PHYSICAL damage, and Oro's is all fire.

tl;dr You can potentially run a phys immune hipster Oro's build if you really want to, but that's a totally different build.
So having played the build seriously untill level 85, AND being pissed at those who criticize this build I AM going to submit some facts. Despite the so called loss of damage...
Ascendencies completed by level 74
Dark forest by level 80.
And EVERY damn fuckink Bosse destroyed in the mean time. Only atziri (reflect) is a problem.
I would not recommend a no regen map whereas it is still doable (not deathles though)
Pantheon : Anything that reduces elemental damage taken
SO LOATE TANK you this is an AWESOME Build.
Let's face it trying to make up a 5-ling with loreweave I ended up with a 6, and that helps also.
"
LOSGI3 wrote:
So having played the build seriously untill level 85, AND being pissed at those who criticize this build I AM going to submit some facts. Despite the so called loss of damage...
Ascendencies completed by level 74
Dark forest by level 80.
And EVERY damn fuckink Bosse destroyed in the mean time. Only atziri (reflect) is a problem.
I would not recommend a no regen map whereas it is still doable (not deathles though)
Pantheon : Anything that reduces elemental damage taken
SO LOATE TANK you this is an AWESOME Build.
Let's face it trying to make up a 5-ling with loreweave I ended up with a 6, and that helps also.

Heh thanks, glad you're enjoying it. It's oddly relaxing to be able to stand in front of 99% of the content in the game and really not care what they're doing because you're just having some drinks, watching the pixels die.

Also, congrats on the 6l Loreweave!
This build is not getting the attn it deserves.
Very fun and all around good job!

Thanks for posting it!
hi guys,great build so far.but i have some questions,,,
1st is Loreweave is bis for this build?Belly isnt good?if no alternatives?
blood rage dont fit?
and why exactly we must use 2 combat focus to force it into pure cold....without them what happens???thnx in advance and sry for my noob questions!!!
"
Lampra wrote:
hi guys,great build so far.but i have some questions,,,
1st is Loreweave is bis for this build?Belly isnt good?if no alternatives?

Loreweave is BiS because you ignore all physical damage due to the permanent Immortal Call, which means the only thing that will kill you is Elemental or Chaos damage. An 80% Loreweave cuts the Elemental damage taken by 20% (at 75% max resist, you take 25% Elemental damage, at 80% max resist you only take 20% Elemental damage, a full 20% reduction in overall damage taken) which can be the difference between getting one shot and surviving with just enough health to regen it back before the next hit (especially on ele damage added map mods). For Chaos damage, that's why we're running the Watcher's Eye with bonus Chaos res while Purity of Elements is up.

"
blood rage dont fit?

You could potentially use Blood Rage, but you'll need to redo the tree so that your attacks per second (APS) doesn't go higher than ~3.85 in order to ensure each attack with the Poet's Pen triggers a spell without going over the 250ms cooldown (calculating in Frenzy Charge attack speed as well). It's a good idea, since the Frenzy Charges give you a flat more damage across the board, I just don't like the volatility of wondering whether or not I'm at max Frenzy Charges. Purely a personal preference choice.

"
and why exactly we must use 2 combat focus to force it into pure cold....without them what happens???thnx in advance and sry for my noob questions!!!

If you don't force Ele Hit into pure cold, it'll interfere with the fire damage from Fireball, and the lightning damage from Arc, which essentially makes your Elemental Equilibrium worse than useless (due to it giving bonus resistance to the element it just dealt damage as). The way the build is set up, each individual attack is doing pure cold (Ele Hit), lightning (Arc), and fire (Fireball) damage on three separate instances, which means you'll always be getting the full benefit of Elemental Equilibrium no matter which of the skills hits first. If you wanted, you could go full fire conversion on the Ele Hit and use Arc as the only damage spell in your Pen (which would also allow you to use a shield at the expense of losing the dual wield attack speed bonus, as well as possible double corrupted Frostferno shenanigans in your helm), but I don't have a double corrupted Frostferno and I wanted to use all three elements, so that's why it is the way it is.

By all means though, I encourage you to experiment and make the build better!
Last edited by Loate on Jul 24, 2018, 12:45:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info