[3.3] HC Dual Wield Gladiator/Slayer Sunder

Can you kill shaper with this build? I have a 300dps axe in my stash and have yet to kill shaper in hc.....
"
Eakrich wrote:
Can you kill shaper with this build? I have a 300dps axe in my stash and have yet to kill shaper in hc.....

I would not recommend this build for any shaper/uber elder/harder boss fights. It is possible if you have good mechanics/know the fight inside out but compared to a more tradition boss killer like bladeflurry or mines/traps it is not worth the struggle on HC at least.
"
SirJP94 wrote:
"
Eakrich wrote:

I would not recommend this build for any shaper/uber elder/harder boss fights. It is possible if you have good mechanics/know the fight inside out but compared to a more tradition boss killer like bladeflurry or mines/traps it is not worth the struggle on HC at least.

I second that. You can do Shaper with a build like this and I've done it personally a couple of times, but for HC I don't think Block% is a great defensively at spell based bosses compared to builds that outleech etc. Killing Shaper with Sunder is slow. Wonder how quicker it would be with the new Vaal doublestrike though.

Random close call I had last year: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2goopu5FrU0

"
SirJP94 wrote:
The biggest problem with whirling blades is that once you have too high Attack speed u will whirling twice the second one going backwards. Also you cant precisely whirling like you can with leap. Give leap slam a try with the attack in place option selected!

Perhaps that's an issue with where your mouse cursor is at relative to the character? If you hold it too close to the model, the second whirling will be registered after you've passed it with high AS? Don't know if you follow my logic.
"
Perhaps that's an issue with where your mouse cursor is at relative to the character? If you hold it too close to the model, the second whirling will be registered after you've passed it with high AS? Don't know if you follow my logic.

It is actually just whirling blade mechanics, basically the button isn't "unpressed" fast enough once you start hitting high attack speed numbers or something dumb like that :( common occurrence across many players so I know it isn't just me
Sry, i dont understand you dont have any leech?
"
Malmyg4 wrote:
Sry, i dont understand you dont have any leech?

For Gladiator you only need the bloodrage leech! As Slayer you grab the duelist leech nodes
where do you get the mana for leap slam and sunder?
"
alejandro17 wrote:
where do you get the mana for leap slam and sunder?

Soul taker axe makes it so you do not need mana to use melee attacks. If you do not have a soul taker just do not use arctic armor and grab leech somewhere
Great detailed guide thanks for putting this together, i'm going to give glad a try in ssf. What ascendancy order would you recommend? Sorry if I missed it in the original guide.
I've got a bit of gear to play around with for the push on the HC flashback event. Was curious how good the ahns/deceiver combo really is? have kaoms roots on at the moment but may swap them around to make use of the blind from ascendancy. If i do that i can switch to ahns and still be ele weakness capped. Not sure on the math, but considering a 1 shot at 8.1k hp is about the only thing that could kill me it is tempting.
Last edited by beardedmagician on Aug 7, 2018, 10:23:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info