[3.4 HC] Orion's 3 Totem Ele-Hit (includes non-conversion variation for 3.4)

Hey Orion,

is this build still viable for 3.4?
Currently in 36th place on the delve ladder using a cheap variant. I'd say it is viable :> I may post the starter version when I have time.

-O
Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply! :)
Delve Delve Delve!!

Ok, I am currently 14th on the delving ladder with a reworked--cheap-- starter version of this build. No conversion, ele eq and the new "minion counts for me" nodes make up much of the damage. Not getting into a lot of details right now, but the build is suited to the league to a T. For those of you still following, here's the links:

Current Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBAl8DlgSzBqAOPBBREMwUIBRxFm8YVhiRGjglvCcvKPoqEyynMPg1kjpSOsY62DrhOyg8LT38QYdFR0bXSp9KxErITeNQR1cpWGNZ81orXz9gQ2CzYN5g-GSEZp5ncWhlaHRuPW6qcYVyD3Kpdqx34nfleyB7w3zZffWCB4KbgseC5IMJg1-DzIRTibyKr4zPkBGQVZhNmK2g5qIAo_KkDKZXpqyou6qprKqxQrXytz68n76AvrzAZsMTxPbGrsbYz37T-9i92XzaYtq520_e3N-_4MPjauRV6hjvDu_98B_yRfKX8932SPau9zL4k_jr-ej60v4K_of-jw==?accountName=Orion72&characterName=O_R_I_O_N_Delves

Current Gear:

Also rain of splinters and 2x might of the meek. Starter bow is quill rain. That and a 5L got me into the 80s and to yellow maps.

Ascndancies: Chieftain, Slayer, path to taste-tank or damage.

Good Luck!

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 2, 2018, 12:00:42 PM
Evening update: Moved up to 8th place (for now) at a depth of 181. Build is continuing to perform well, once I remembered that a poacher's aim jewel really is necessary for optimal performance. Heading off for some sleep now.
-O
Hey m8. Thanks for your guide.
Really interesting build - i want to make a try.
Question: how/which way you are make Elemental Equilibrium (EE) works?
Re: Making ele eq work:

It is automatic.

Ele hit will never choose the same element twice in a row. Now because we are using multiple totems, it will sometimes happen that a mob will get hit by the same element twice and we will take a penalty. This happens somewhat less than one time out of three, since there are many situations where only one totem is active in fighting a particular mob/group of mobs. But even when it happens one full time out of three, the very worst we average by using ele eq is roughly 25% more damage overall against a mob with no resists. Against a mob with any ele resists it is much more effective than that. If you care, you can prove this to yourself by creating the probability matrix, or ask again and I will take the time later to show the math.

-O
I think this may be the first video of the Delve lich boss fight. At least I haven't been able to find any others yet. for your entertainment/edification:
https://youtu.be/E_ksWIuFHvo

-O
Sup, Orion, thoughts on 6l bow with +3 to socketed fire gems instead of Frostferno? 6l with Empower (even lvl 3) provides +4 Elehit lvl, compared with Frostferno setup (although there might be some aspd decrease). Meanwhile, Hrimnor's Resolve fits nicely instead of Frostferno with 4l Frenzy. I suppose this increases dps by at least 1/3, right to pre-nerf 3.3 values (can perform some PoB calculations a bit later if required)
Last edited by HammerheadPrime on Sep 4, 2018, 4:36:06 PM
Re:bow vs. Frostferno

Actually, the new version prefers a +3 (or even +2) 6L bow. We don't use frostferno for the non-conversion version since we no longer benefit from cold-fire. I am using a +3 now with these links:
Ele hit>RAT>wed>slower proj>damage on full life>hypothermia. I believe this setup is roughly equivalent to substituting a lvl 3 empower for slower proj, and much cheaper. If could get a lvl 4 empower and 4 red sockets, would sub out slower proj.

I may need to just write up a new build guide. The non-conversion variation has enough differences to warrant it. My post above with the links to gear and tree is a kind of mini-preview for anyone following this thread.

-O
Last edited by Orion72 on Sep 4, 2018, 2:59:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info