(3.3) VD/Bodyswap Elementalist Magic Finder 90%+ IIQ 1ex [Budget]

Poet's Pen Elementalist Volatile Dead/Body Swap Magic Finder

This build if for you if:

- You like the Poet’s Pen playstyle.
- Don’t want to spend 20ex on making a Windripper to farm t3 maps with.
- Only have 1 exalt budget.
- Enjoy being able to run full MF in high tier maps as well.
- Want to clear incursions with 30 seconds remaining.

This build is not for you if:

- You hate getting stuck on rocks/walls/ledges occasionally.
- You want a dedicated boss farmer (there are much better builds for that).
- You want to play the absolute fastest clearing map monster possible.
- You Are running Intel onboard graphics.

Hello

I league started Incursion with an EQ Jugg Lab Farmer, then rolled a Reave Duelist and didn’t really like it, so decided to PoB my own character and roll with it, playing it how I wanted to.

I settled on Poet’s Pen VD/Bodyswap which yes, I know is nothing new, but I wanted to play something tailored to my own needs, which at the time was primarily MF’ing. Over time I kept improving the tree, gear etc and managed to create something I was pretty proud of.

Pros:

- Budget: 120c for full MF setup, more for boss switch gear (which you will farm easily with this build, as intended).
- ~90% IIQ (which can increase to 94% as you farm more currency).
- ~80% IIR.
- You will still have around 100% IIQ in corrupted white maps, so you can still run them for mad gains.
- Fast.
- Phase Acro.
- Herald of Ice shatters everything which makes blindly flogging through maps much more safe.
- Easy to play, just hold right click and use potions. One handed build if you have a Naga.
- Clear trash in t16 maps easily while wearing full MF gear.
- Tri-herald and Blasphemy Warlords Mark (bench Herald of Thunder if you can’t afford Enlighten 3).
- No Bisco’s Collar

Cons:

- If you have a potato PC you might struggle with FPS, it has improved since the Herald of Ice fix though.
- Not immune to doors, big rocks, things that were put there by GGG intentionally so you would get stuck on them.
- Getting your APS (attacks per second) right is a bit annoying so you don’t skip casts but if you don’t pay attention you wont really notice it while farming anyway
- Is Vaal Pact a con? In this case I would say no..just be more proactive about using health pot while running Cannot Leech maps. I would reroll red Cannot Leech maps.
- No Paragon of Calamity (immune to elemental reflect), however I did play it with it before swapping to Beacon of Ruin and it is fine as well, especially if you want to run lots of unid maps without worry. Beacon of Ruin feels better for me personally though, makes killing packs easier.
- It is my first time making my own build and I am sure there are a lot of things that could be changed to make it better.

Achievements of this character:

With Gear Swap:
- Deathless Shaper.
Spoiler
<First Kill was not deathless but I have only ever killed him a handful of times, as a pre-nerf golemancer (lol) and on a Howa Warchief Hierophant in previous leagues.
Screenshot from the Deathless Kill.
Screenshot of 5 portals left after Deathless Kill.

- T12 Red Elder/Red guardians, I was trying out CWDT Flame Dash and did all of them without moving from the spawn in point except for when I moved for about a second on Elder.
Flame Dash got me killed a couple times lol.
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQvhifQvbXY&t

- All guardians, however I struggled HARD with Chimera.

As full MF:
- Farmed hella currency via pure drops/6 sockets
- Farmed 2x The Doctor cards in Shaped Burial Chambers
Spoiler
First doctor I dropped. You can see my character blurring through the air in a hurry to pick it up.

https://youtu.be/CGFuH9SfPPc
This in an example of what clearing Shaped Burial Chambers is like with this build. This is the same character as the guide is made from, and I have changed it drastically, but it plays fundamentally the same (really only changed to crit/got more life/lost VP and Phase Acro) and cleared slightly faster when I was this MF build.

You will see more Herald of Icey stuff happening than in that video as well.

Gear:
Spoiler

Ignore all gem links in gear please! The character has changed DRASTICALLY now and does not have some of the gems/gear.

Weapons:

The definite must for any Poet’s Pen build. You need 2 of these, and 2 more if you want a boss weapon swap. However, swap is definitely not needed for general mapping and MF stuffs.

Weapon 1: Unearth(g)>Bodyswap(b)>Greater Multiple Projectiles(g)
Weapon 2: Volatile Dead(g)>Concentrated Effect(b)>Controlled Destruction(b)
Weapon 1 SWAP: Unearth(g)>Cremation(g)>Greater Multiple Projectiles(g)
Weapon 2 SWAP: Volatile Dead(g)>Concentrated Effect(b)>Controlled Destruction(b)

Helmet:

Any Magic quality helmet with max life and resistance on it. You need this to get the effect from the Ascetic Amulet. You can buy a base for like an alc and alt it till you hit life, then craft res.
Enlighten3(b)>Blasphemy(b)>Warlord’s Mark(r)>Herald of Ash(r)
If you can’t afford Enlighten 3 then remove/turn off Herald of Thunder until then.

Amulet:

Implicit rarity% which is cool, but the best part if that if you are wearing a magic item it gives you 15% IIQ.

Body:

15% IIQ is huge, definitely worth trading off some resistance as we can get res from the passive tree, but not quantity! If you don’t want to use this then you can use any other chest you want. Rare with life and resists, Carcass Jack is a good option if you are really struggling with life/res/damage. Inpulsa works too.

Low Level: CWDT(r)>Immortal Call(r)>Increased Duration(r)>Phase Run(g).
In off links: Herald of Thunder(b) (unless it is in your helm due to not having Enlighten) and Flame Dash.

Rings:

Obviously, you don’t want the one that I am linking but I didn’t have another one in my stash.
Up to 16% IIQ, and up to 34% to all Elemental Resistances.
I swapped to double Ventor’s when I could afford, but as a trade off from the high res/low cost Thief’s Torment to gain around +80 max life and an extra 3% IIQ, it is not the most important upgrade.

Gloves:

16% IIQ. Not really much else to say about them.
Portal(w) Herald of Ice(g)--Cast on Death(g)>Portal(w).
You want a portal that you can cast manually and one that casts on death. This build, like many others does die sometimes. If you can’t get 2 separate links on gloves then you can either just use portal scrolls or find another place to socket the gem.

Boots:

Standard Goldwyrm booties. Up to 20% IIQ, 50% Fire res, movespeed and mana regen.
Frenzy(g)>Greater Multiple Projectiles(g)>Faster Attacks(g)>Culling Strike(g).
You might need to play around to find which level of Faster Attacks you feel best using.

Belt:

I personally prefer Perandus Blazon to Bisco’s Leash as it gives up to 8% IIQ as opposed to 5% on the Leash and +30 all attributes. However, Rampage is cool AF though, and if I am struggling for cold res I am happy to use it.

Jewels:
%Life, Attack Speed, Fire Damage/Area Damage/Damage etc, Resistances.
Abyss Jewels with flat life, damage added to spells, phasing on kill, damage penetration.

Flasks:
Atziri’s Promise for that sweet % extra chaos damage and chaos leeched as life.
The Wise Oak for damage pen (need to ensure fire res is highest or all res is balanced though)
Sulphur flask with curse removal and increased effect
Quartz flask with poison removal
Instant Divine Life flask with bleed removal

Bandits/Ascendancy/Pantheon
Spoiler

Help Alira for Mana Regen and Resists

Ascendancy: Elementalist
I initially went Paragon of Calamity>Pendulum of Destruction>Mastermind of Discord>Shaper of Desolation because I liked the look of Paragon of Calamity, and while the leech is good and the immunity to elemental reflect is awesome I found Beacon of Ruin to be much better for map clear.

I recommend going:
Shaper of Desolation>Beacon of Ruin>Pendulum of Destruction>Mastermind of Discord

Pantheon:
Major=Soul of Solaris
Minor=Soul of Gruthkul

Passives/PoB/Ramble
Spoiler

Passive Tree only:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/3.3.0/AAAABAMCAAQHBLMFtQceDY0OSA-rES0RLxGWFr8ZtBqBHNwfAiP2JpUqOCqNKwosnC0fLlMwcTB8MtE2xTbYN4E6QjpYPAVDMUSrRUdJG0lRSn1LeEyzTP9Nkk4qUEJRR1F0UrJTNVO7VUtVrlXGVkhbr13yYeJqQ2qTbWx8g3_GghCCm4Pbh3aMNo19jb-PGo-mj_qTJ5UglS6aO5_foS-iAKKjo4qmmacIrJi86r6Kvqe_1cBmwfPQH9DQ02_UI9Wm2CTawd2o37DjVuTr53To1uvu7FXtPO4O73zv6_DV8Wz8xQ==

Path of Building:

https://pastebin.com/iMkCXeYv

That PoB is what my character looked like before I totally changed it around and went crit/no VP/no MF, I kind of miss the way it used to be ☹.
It has the full MF setup/gems/gear as well as the full bossing set.
The bossing set reflects a little bit of what I went for in earlier versions of the build. The original idea was tri-herald and tri-curse, which I did for a while but I lost too much to make it worth so I changed to dual curse Enfeeble/Warlords Mark.

Bossing gear is nothing particularly special. Kaom’s Heart, Windshriek boots for +1 curse/ele damage/resists, Starkonja’s with 40% VD Damage (too cheap for +1 corpse), Watcher’s Eye with Anger Leech, Rares with attributes/life/fire damage/resists and a ring with Warlord’s Mark on hit.

Other Videos
Spoiler

https://youtu.be/P2e3rGURjvA poor example of me running a T14 map with 93% IIQ. Got wrecked by the proximity shield’s and the walls/layout of Crimson Temple. It is absolutely better in open maps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_oW49m6R6k t13 Elder guardian

Thanks for reading my build guide. If you have any suggestions please let me know, as I am a total novice at making builds/thinking for myself and will appreciate any input.

Bye!

PoB/Example of Character as it is at 22nd June 2018.
Spoiler

The PoB of my character in it's current state:

https://pastebin.com/zXtmqszR

example of the dps in last phase of a deathless Shaper run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKHhj9eBdAI&feature=youtu.be

Key changes:
- Using Loreweave over Kaom's Heart, only 4 link used so not hugely expensive for one with reasonable crit/max res/elemental damage.
- Using Mark of the Shaper, as my other Ring is Elder with Warlord's Mark on hit.
- Build is now crit.
- No phase acro or VP.

Last edited by timrclarke on Jun 22, 2018, 8:33:36 AM
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2018, 8:11:25 PM
reserved
if i am use this build do i find the exalt?
You will find more The Doctor cards than Exalts with this build.
Would you please reveal the current version of the modified build mentioned in the guide?
And comparison with the previous version is also welcome.
I'm really interested in this build, using so many non-meta items.
"
kutreels wrote:
Would you please reveal the current version of the modified build mentioned in the guide?
And comparison with the previous version is also welcome.
I'm really interested in this build, using so many non-meta items.

Added a section at the bottom with current PoB/example video. I will try and answer any questions if you have any.

:)
Currently lvling char, just curious to what tier maps max you could clear maps with full mf gear? You wrote up to t16 but i kinda dont belive it xd
"
NaneLz wrote:
Currently lvling char, just curious to what tier maps max you could clear maps with full mf gear? You wrote up to t16 but i kinda dont belive it xd

Clearing trash in t16's in full MF is very easy. You will not be able to kill guardians without bringing a full gear swap though.

I killed bosses in full MF up to t15.

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nURUUzz6M&feature=youtu.be

Video of clearing t16 hydra trash in my current MF set. My character is not optimized for running MF at all right now and it is definitely much worse damage/tankiness wise than it was while running the proper build.
Last edited by timrclarke on Jun 23, 2018, 8:10:48 AM
I would like to have a leveling guide and the progress of the passive tree
well i m making it right now, its reaaaly fun ! but .... as usual ... there is a big big probleme during leveling ... DEXTERITY... i will have to take 2 nodes of 30 points i thinks to progress.
But its fun, really for the moment.
And buy the way i buy all the stuff and gems before starting, i just have to put it on.
Tabula for starting has usual .
Thx for that build by the way it looks really fun !.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info