[3.4] Tornado Shot Deadeye | Level 100 viable | #3 Ranger | Elder | Shaper | Lab

"
Gazmendium wrote:
Hey man, playing this build for clearspeed mostly, so far it's been a blast I can clear up maps up to t15 with ease, altho my char still needs tons of gear. Currently I'm playing this build with a different Skill Tree, instead of going towards the Witch tree area I went towards the Duelist nodes, using only 6x Abyssal jewels in total and Lioneye's Fall. I PoBed my char with your skill tree and used my best abyssal jewels on the tree jewel slots but I get bit less dps, can it be that PoB doesn't correctly tell the abyssal jewels scaling with Windripper? And would you recommend first Rigwalds Quill or TS enchant for Clearspeed?

pob is most likely correct.

ts enchant.
Last edited by 5Six on Jul 4, 2018, 8:58:57 PM
Do you miss acro and phase acro alot with this build? I currently play the more "standard" mf TS deadeye. But thinking about trying your build cause i have some of the needed gear alrdy. And im tired of just running burials ^^
"
Qtoz wrote:
Do you miss acro and phase acro alot with this build? I currently play the more "standard" mf TS deadeye. But thinking about trying your build cause i have some of the needed gear alrdy. And im tired of just running burials ^^

Could easily take the nodes if u want, remove 3 from celerity 2 from primal spirit 1 from fangs of viper or a life node.

do i miss it? not really, if u play carefully, only thing that kills you is 1 shots like volatile or lightning guys or ice nova.
Last edited by 5Six on Jul 9, 2018, 7:44:55 PM
from pob, your damage is way higher than the traditional ts/barrage build(which i'm using), would you say it is because of itemization or the skill tree? your skill tree seems to be more similar to an ele hit build

without using barrage, are you using ts for boss killing/incursion architects? i'm getting tired of burial chambers farming so looking to go for higher tier maps and bosses/architects are the main problem

is the elemental weakness corrupt on the gloves helpful if i'm just using a windripper?
"
elfril wrote:
from pob, your damage is way higher than the traditional ts/barrage build(which i'm using), would you say it is because of itemization or the skill tree? your skill tree seems to be more similar to an ele hit build

without using barrage, are you using ts for boss killing/incursion architects? i'm getting tired of burial chambers farming so looking to go for higher tier maps and bosses/architects are the main problem

is the elemental weakness corrupt on the gloves helpful if i'm just using a windripper?

There are videos, t16 boss and archetects die in 2 second to t shot if u watch them. no idea about the dmg difference on pob, unless i get your specific pob. from guessing it probably because ur settings arent right and because all the gear in my pob is almost maxed and quite expensive. a lot of people struggle with single target because they don't have the gear

"
5Six wrote:
"Curse Enemies with Elemental Weakness on Hit" is only needed if you have a shaper bow with power charge on crit

nope

i hope u have read the guide before u asked these
Last edited by 5Six on Jul 12, 2018, 1:22:31 AM
"
5Six wrote:
i hope u have read the guide before u asked these

Thank you, I was thinking of keeping barrage and getting a +1 barrage enchant on helm for higher tiers(since it's less expensive on a lightpoacher), but I guess the tornado shot enchant is too important

yes I have read the guide, the reason I asked was because while messing with POB, the dps difference w/ and w/o the gloves with corrupt is huge even when using windripper.
Just an interesting question here. You say this is not viable for leveling even, how on earth do you get to level needed then lol?
You are sure I cant clear low maps with random gear but same skilltree? I mean I can buy some stuff, I wanna level my first ranger but I don´t wanna level a char Im not gonna play in the endgame.. I have a trapper that does all content but wanna do something fast next.. now im confused as you say there is no way to level this char, I mean wtf.. how do you level then
Mathils actual cat
"
HDTanel wrote:
Just an interesting question here. You say this is not viable for leveling even, how on earth do you get to level needed then lol?
You are sure I cant clear low maps with random gear but same skilltree? I mean I can buy some stuff, I wanna level my first ranger but I don´t wanna level a char Im not gonna play in the endgame.. I have a trapper that does all content but wanna do something fast next.. now im confused as you say there is no way to level this char, I mean wtf.. how do you level then

Don't think i said its "not viable" or "no way" for leveling. if u have a tabula and normal leveling gear im sure u can level with any skill in the game 1 month into a league.

When i say:
"
5Six wrote:
Probably shouldn't level with this anyway.

i mean from level 1 to level 66 (wr level), not 90. And of course u can level with it with a tabula, it just wont work as fast as something like sunder or frost blades. bow leveling is probably the worst in the game.

On top of that, for league starter this is a terrible choice unless you're extremely good at making money.

Random gear meaning? random bow? random jewels? random helm with no enchant? complete SSF ramdom? not sure how random u mean. Even then i won't be able to answer, since i don't have much experience in lower level gear. But i HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest u follow the minimum gear checklist. If u are on a lower budget there will be builds that will clear faster.

U are welcome to list your gear and i can take a guess.
Last edited by 5Six on Jul 13, 2018, 6:42:19 PM
Yea thats what you should have said I think in the first post :P you scare away people like this. I really wanted to make a bow char that I could upgrade to the famous windripper mf build at any time without having to make a new char. Don´t care if map clear speed is gonna be slow at first, if I don´t die to normal mobs and it wont take minutes to kill normal mobs im all good.

Anyway leveling with lightning arrow and moving with blink with barrage to take down bosses has been pretty decent so far, still figuring out what are best gems to support those skills to the end game.

Anyway good guide just maybe add how you would start this char if it was brand new and even though you don´t recommend doing it as league starter could still be useful to know in one good thread how you would still level it up to gather all the gear as time goes by.
Mathils actual cat
"
HDTanel wrote:
Yea thats what you should have said I think in the first post :P you scare away people like this. I really wanted to make a bow char that I could upgrade to the famous windripper mf build at any time without having to make a new char. Don´t care if map clear speed is gonna be slow at first, if I don´t die to normal mobs and it wont take minutes to kill normal mobs im all good.

Anyway leveling with lightning arrow and moving with blink with barrage to take down bosses has been pretty decent so far, still figuring out what are best gems to support those skills to the end game.

Anyway good guide just maybe add how you would start this char if it was brand new and even though you don´t recommend doing it as league starter could still be useful to know in one good thread how you would still level it up to gather all the gear as time goes by.

But i didn't say anything to the effect of "u can't level with this", only 1 sentence suggestion in a short section. And i do kindda wanna scare away the beginners, i already get too many people asking why they dont do enough damage when they clearly dont meet the minimum gear.

I have stated and will state again, guides not made for beginners, made the guide purely for experienced players, this kindda go for all t shot builds, dont plan on adding a sunder leveling guide or something. people with enough currency to do this build will know how to level a character (or rmt). Im sure there are tons of ranger leveling tips out there, pretty sure raiz has a 2 hours to 70 video. Putting these in the guide just encourages more beginners to try it and I just dont recommend that, for your sake and mine.
Last edited by 5Six on Jul 14, 2018, 10:37:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info