Scrotie's single-question political compass test

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
No. I'd insist it be given to B; from there, I'd hope B could be convinced to voluntarily sell it to A, perhaps in exchange for some number of performances. I'd admittedly be quite disappointed if A didn't get the flute eventually.

I didn't mention C because I don't give a fuck about C.

This run contradictory to the intent when Sharing the flute, selling it or splitting it is not an option. Supposedly about the concept of justice. This might be different version or deviation of what originally intended, I will restrain from commenting.

Why in Gods name would you make Child C when you can´t support it ?

A gets a flute
B gets a drilling machine to produce more flutes
C gets a gun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jun 19, 2018, 4:56:51 AM
...But Derrida went on to note that no actual colleague, however brilliant, is sufficiently enlightened to qualify as a true philosopher. Therefore the chair of the university president should remain empty.

The empty chair is a striking part of the ethic of hospitality enacted by the Seder dinner: a chair for the guest who may arrive at any moment, for whom a place must be kept.

The practice has analogues in other places. Gatherings of PEN, the international freedom of expression group, always feature an empty chair for a missing writer, in prison or under house arrest elsewhere in the world. Somewhat less sublimely, Amazon chief executive Jeff Bezos apparently insists on having an empty chair at every company meeting: the chair represents the customer, according to Bezos "the most important person in the room".

There it is – not the customer, I mean, but the chair. Instead of staging acrimonious elections for the post of president or prime minister, rather than arguing over who mismanaged a budget or failed to lower unemployment rates, we should simply hold regular viewings of the empty chair at the summit of all governance. Behold the absent philosopher-king, the infeasible ideal ruler, whose always imminent, always postponed arrival may guide us in the endless self-and-other relation that is politics. See how infinitely, impossibly wise!

Option D: Push the children to the ground and take the flute for yourself.

A surprisingly high % of the population would choose a tyrannical option if one were presented, especially when the subjects are children. If it were 3 adults, you'd see a much lower % tyrannical response, because the participant does not have a clear power advantage over adults.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jun 19, 2018, 6:37:57 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Derrida never met a pie he didn't want to thumb. In the end, it didnt make no differance.

as ever, cheers for the link. Nice interludes to whatever weird as shit I look up for research. Today was aprons, specifically medieval.

I can even relate that to this thread: in feudal society, the lord definitely got the flute from Child B and gave it to Child A. Child C was only used for Monty Python skits about oppression. The good old days...

Well, vivesection is wrong.

Lovely. Medieval aprons? Female clothing? If you want some weird apronery check out Freemason aprons (if you haven't already).

Indeed. Child C was lucky to have been beaten with the flute as he licked the lichen off the castle walls in the dead of night so as to not disturb the Lord's view.

I going to push the small children over and steal the flute for myself....

then im going to force the kids to compete for the flute hunger games style for my own amusement
I dont see any any key!
"
erdelyii wrote:
...But Derrida went on to note that no actual colleague, however brilliant, is sufficiently enlightened to qualify as a true philosopher. Therefore the chair of the university president should remain empty...

Instead of staging acrimonious elections for the post of president or prime minister, rather than arguing over who mismanaged a budget or failed to lower unemployment rates, we should simply hold regular viewings of the empty chair at the summit of all governance. Behold the absent philosopher-king, the infeasible ideal ruler, whose always imminent, always postponed arrival may guide us in the endless self-and-other relation that is politics. See how infinitely, impossibly wise!
How anarchist of you.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jun 19, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
i'd skelp them all and tell them no fucking flute until you can behave.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
The one most deserving is the one who'd rather share the flute than fight over it.

Child D
"
The one most deserving is the one who'd rather share the flute than fight over it.

Child D

The other children already beat him to death in their quest for sole domination of the flute of power
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info