Path of Exile Fan Art Competition

Lots of great art! Thanks GGG for running this competition. My submission: "Beyond"

Lots of beautiful art. Here's my humble submission:

PS. <3 kingmoth
How did this terrible creature come to be?
Hate alone was not enough. It took one more ingredient.
Love... poisoned by betrayal,
to bring so much bloodshed and woe.
"Atziri residing at Atzoatl"

This is my first submission to a PoE Fan Art Contest.
Always wanted to participate but could never muster the time and patience.

I tried to embedd my piece in the lore and at the same time let my imagination roam.
It depicts Atziri in human form at the height of her reign.
I always imagined that the appearance we fight ingame is her "demon" form, after being corrupted by the cataclysm.
This is reinforced by the two divination cards, where she is depicted as a normal woman.
It is also told that she would sometimes hold court fully nude, so there's that ;)

Enjoy and best of luck to my fellow competitors!
I'm just really glad that I made it this time.

Last edited by Lord_Zeto on Jul 15, 2018, 1:46:23 PM

A Special Incursion ---- Alva and Zana combined mission in the hideout.

Alva opens a temporal incursion in order to speak with Zana’s father before he recreates the astrolabe.

Zana is allowed to see her father and after a short emotional reunion on her part, explains everything that is going to happen in his immediate future. She tries to convince him to make different choices ,(since we know that incursions into the past change the future of the temple), however, Zana’s father decides to make the exact same choices emphasizing that HER safety has always been his primary drive. Seeing her as an adult guarantees him that his choices lead to her being alive and well.

He offers a condolence after Zana begs and pleads him to reconsider.

This “Shaper” must have a memory fragment of this exact moment and if she can connect her fragments leading up to this moment, this might bring him back from the endless cycle of fear, loss, and anger.

“This ‘Shaper’ seems to be able to create anything he wishes… except one thing. A Future.

Show him this future that you wish to create with him.”

This leads to a questline where you complete various quests that reward “Zana Memory Fragments 1-7” going backwards from the memory of the incursion through major parts of her adult life that show her growing up. The final memory and the most important one is a shared memory with the shaper, their last memory together. “The Memory of Grief”

The shared memory of grief is then used to grab the Shapers attention because he sees his little girl, only to realize it’s different and from his daughter’s point of view. He takes it and obsesses over it and Zana feeds him (this time in order) the memory fragments of “his little girl” growing up and becoming the woman that is standing in front of him.

“Oh my God… Zana.” As he turns away from the last memory fragment and looks right at her.

“Yes Father, It’s me.”

I thought about this concept for a very long time since I personally identify with the Shaper/Zana storyline. His last memory of his daughter is when she was very young so in his grief and memories, he will not accept a Zana that is older. He lost himself in holding onto the only thing he had left of her. With time that memory will become so important that accepting the adult Zana would mean he would have to let go of the child concept that makes up his core being. Something I don’t believe that I would be able to do. However, more memories of the child would be taken immediately!

If instead of replacing the child for the adult, I could be convinced that the child BECOMES the adult…. That’s something that I think could save me personally.

This is a very rough concept. I have a million of these kinds of story ideas that flow through me because of my own personal grief. Funny that Path of Exile is my muse.

Thank you for your consideration!

This is me when I began. Clean canvas, all acrylic paints. I challenged myself with using only two different sized circles to make the entire painting. Each curve and straight line comes from one of the two. (except for Shaper's memory of Zana when she was little)
Last edited by ddaenekas on Jul 15, 2018, 1:44:59 PM
Here's my incursion fan art entry.

Fanart of Alva Valai for our current league. Hope you like it.

I almost not submit it because internet was gone. :T

Last edited by Daldaeus on Jul 15, 2018, 1:38:06 PM
Nice
Last edited by haykanaro on Jul 17, 2018, 7:52:00 PM
Hello everyone!

Here is my entry. I started a few days ago, on July 10 so it could be better. Maybe I'll work on it after the competition.

I called it temporary "The Winner's Trophy"

Hope You like it! Good luck for everyone!

Thank You so much GGG for this game!
Last edited by pcieckowski on Jul 15, 2018, 2:09:36 PM
This is a Ranger in a Pitch Black armor, the image is made in Photoshop.
And oh my god it's done!!!! xD

Hello fellow exiles ,

Here's my entry for the contest. My beloved Doedre Darktoungue Stamatis. Hope you like it :)

The Witch of the Cauldron

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info