[3.7] CI Apep's Supremacy Flicker Strike Trickster (BUILD OF THE WEEK)

"
Hollyphantom wrote:

you have some good ideas and some bad ones.

1. ur not gonna shock anyone for any effectiveness. u have to be doing a ton of damage for that to happen. most of your trigger ideas are just gonna waste valuable gem slots. and enfeeble wont trigger when u need it most cuz i think theres a 5 sec cooldown on the trigger. crit is better than the trigger mod.

2. if u have war banner + shaper gloves, you wont need hits cant be evaded cuz your accuracy will be nearly capped with those alone.

3. tempest shield and molten shell are trash

4. life gain on hit does nothing cuz ur CI. 2% phys leech also does nothing cuz u should be doing enough damage to be leech capped without it. imperial is better cuz atk speed.

5. i'd do the phys bleed craft

1. You're wrong about shock. We don't care about the damage of the actual shock ailment. It only needs to apply once for enemies to take additional damage from all other sources. Shock Nova has a natural 20% chance to apply shock, and coupled with our crit chance, it's visibly capable of shocking most groups on the first or second cast when put on a low level CWDT setup with our Enfeeble. POB shows a significant DPS increase when we add the enemy is shocked calc.

Also, you're right about the cooldown on the trigger skills, but each skill's cooldown is calculated separately. That being said, we would likely blow all 3 of our trigger skills almost immediately due to our attack speed, so you're probably right about crit being the better affix in this case. I may still experiment though with a 2nd triggered curse and some other spells if I can score an amulet with the +1 curse corrupt, being that I already have several good claws to play/craft with.

2. Hits Can't Be Evaded craft would allow us to switch back to Herald of Ash or Dread Banner. We'd still waste the accuracy from the Shaper's Touch gloves, but their overall usefulness extends beyond just the accuracy rating. Whether or not Dread Banner will provide more damage output than Herald of Ash is up to debate, since POB currently can't calculate the whole impale mechanic, which is frustrating since on paper it seems like it would be very useful for this build, we just have no way to confirm it.

3. Neither are "trash". But maybe not entirely useful for this build.

4. Makes sense. I guess that also answers any questions on whether or not a Carnage Heart would be useful for an amulet (which, it technically would still be good between the +40 attributes, 20% res, and 40% damage while leeching, we'd just be wasting the additional leech properties on it).

5. Yeet
hey .. it's really a great build i used crafted claw and i have about 2m dps now .. what i can use to delve ?? flicker is so hard
Your best bet for delving would be Reave most likely. Double Strike won't have the clear speed needed (even with ancestral call and melee splash, which will reduce your damage scaling significantly), and I don't think anyone could ever recommend using Flicker in the mines, unless your sole intent is to die a lot.

I haven't really tried to delve with this build yet, since I have other characters for that, but I'll give it a shot a little later with Reave to see how viable it is. I don't expect a lot of success though, tbh.

*EDIT* Can confirm, Reave works well enough, but I don't have enough ES yet to give it a thorough test. Overall though it still feels squishy without Flicker giving us the natural ability to not get hit by monster attacks.
Last edited by CrowMagnum on Jan 14, 2019, 6:55:03 PM
"
lZeussl wrote:
hey .. it's really a great build i used crafted claw and i have about 2m dps now .. what i can use to delve ?? flicker is so hard

just use double strike. same links as flicker except use ancestral call.
"
CrowMagnum wrote:

1. You're wrong about shock. We don't care about the damage of the actual shock ailment. It only needs to apply once for enemies to take additional damage from all other sources. Shock Nova has a natural 20% chance to apply shock, and coupled with our crit chance, it's visibly capable of shocking most groups on the first or second cast when put on a low level CWDT setup with our Enfeeble. POB shows a significant DPS increase when we add the enemy is shocked calc.

4. Makes sense. I guess that also answers any questions on whether or not a Carnage Heart would be useful for an amulet (which, it technically would still be good between the +40 attributes, 20% res, and 40% damage while leeching, we'd just be wasting the additional leech properties on it).

you should read about shock. POB misrepresents how it actually works. it's not always 50% increased damage taken. and although shock nova's description says "20% shock chance", you actually cannot shock unless u hit hard.

for shock to cause enemies to take 50% increased damage, A SINGLE HIT of lightning damage needs to get rid of 10% of the enemy's health. If ur doing that much damage, DPS should feel good without the shock effect. to shock shaper with full effectiveness, shock nova will need to do 2mil damage in one shot. Obviously, shock nova will not do that in this build. shock is usually only relevant for elementalist. if u really wanna incorporate it into the build, lightning trap is better than nova.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

carnage heart's best mod for this build is the 50% leech rate. the damage is very low compared to a cheap rare amulet, and attributes is good but rare amulets can have 20% ES on top of that. I wouldnt use it

Looks like we rolling ammys for +1 curse then and dropping the nova for assassin's mark.

Still not sure on which red-buff and craft combo to use. Options are:

War Banner + Non-Chaos as extra Chaos dmg

Herald of Ash + Hits can't be evaded

Dread Banner + Hits can't be evaded

The first two would probably yield the highest DPS, but the Dread banner would give more defense with its ability to make monsters have less accuracy (including bosses where Enfeeble wouldn't be as effective). I suppose it's down to a matter of preference, I just don't know which would be more rewarding to invest in.

And while we're at it, how do you feel about the increased damage while leeching craft over the non-chaos as extra chaos craft?
Last edited by CrowMagnum on Jan 15, 2019, 3:34:49 AM
"
CrowMagnum wrote:
Looks like we rolling ammys for +1 curse then and dropping the nova for assassin's mark.

Still not sure on which red-buff and craft combo to use. Options are:

War Banner + Non-Chaos as extra Chaos dmg

Herald of Ash + Hits can't be evaded

Dread Banner + Hits can't be evaded

The first two would probably yield the highest DPS, but the Dread banner would give more defense with its ability to make monsters have less accuracy (including bosses where Enfeeble wouldn't be as effective). I suppose it's down to a matter of preference, I just don't know which would be more rewarding to invest in.

And while we're at it, how do you feel about the increased damage while leeching craft over the non-chaos as extra chaos craft?

ur not leeching when ur on full es, so ur almost never leeching.

that mod is a slayer mod because slayer is always leeching.
So I've tried the build, Its nice to play but ... I cant sustain enough frenzy charges to rush through monsters. Have to shield charge every end of packs.
When I look at vids you dont have the prob. Did the build has been nerfed to date ?

Edit: Strange fact but since I took sin's rebirth I dont have any more problems. Maybe I needed that flask to correct my luck on bleeding. ehm
Pouete
Last edited by GenTea on Jan 15, 2019, 6:54:58 AM
"
GENTEA wrote:
So I've tried the build, Its nice to play but ... I cant sustain enough frenzy charges to rush through monsters. Have to shield charge every end of packs.
When I look at vids you dont have the prob. Did the build has been nerfed to date ?

Edit: Strange fact but since I took sin's rebirth I dont have any more problems. Maybe I needed that flask to correct my luck on bleeding. ehm

sins rebirth has nothing to do with bleed

maybe u had an unbleed flask and replaced it with sins rebirth
Hi, I am currently playing the build and really enjoying it but having trouble staying alive past tier 10 maps. I have upgraded my amulet recently which gave more ES and dmg but cant see what is next to upgrade. i keep side by side comparing on path of building but cant see where the ES and damage I'm missing comes from.

Does Flicker strike scale a lot from attack speed I have low jewels at the moment.

If anyone could provide pointers it would be Greatly appreciated :)

Pastebin:
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/BE6A7zLM
reduced mana node + the corrupt on golden rule until enlighten 4

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info