Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[3.7] CI Apep's Supremacy Flicker Strike Trickster (BUILD OF THE WEEK)

"
Inkaflare wrote:
"
Hollyphantom wrote:
You can also get a 30% es recovery watcher's eye. I got one yesterday. Also, 5% max leech elder amulet. Add those together and you have a mini vaal pact. (20+5)*1.3 = 32.5% max life leech rate

If you stay regen based, get a The Sorrow of the Divine flask for sure, and get some permanent regen on tree/elder amulet/marble amulet/etc. Geofri's sanctuary chest + lot of strength is an option too. You get zealots oath from it.

I fiddled around a bit in PoB and going to Vaal pact also allows me to grab Chance to Bleed from the nearby passives. This allows me to swap out the Chance to Bleed gem for something better (Varunastra's lower attack speed than your claw build makes the support a lot worse damagewise). So overall the damage is hit isn't as big as I imagined.
The Watcher's Eye is probably worth using in any variant of the build. Adding 30% ES recovery rate both boosts leech and ES recharge pretty massively. Costs quite a bit though, especially if you want a second useful mod.
In the end the build isn't the fastest or highest damage Flicker but certainly one of the safest.

Yea i got one with just the 30% recovery. it was 2ex.
Hey :)

Im new in the game and trying to flicker too :) i guess best build for incursions :P
Diffrent as you, im trying it as Assasin insttead of Trickster.

The Assasins Asdency gives 100% crit vs full life and low life targets, what feels good with Flicker - cause i want kill with 1-2 Hits.
Also the 100% dmg if only 1 Enemy around could help on Bosskills with Flicker.

Somehow i want to add poison. The short 2seconds dot sounds good if flicker around between targets.
Its easy to get as an Assasin, 40% poison on hit in asdency, the "dirty tricks" passiv near Vaalpact gives another 20% chance to poison and 30% chance to bleed.
Adding a Voidheart Ring with good Bleed and bad poison roll, whats pretty cheap - achievs a easy 90-100% poison and bleed on hit.

Dmg feels great.
Im struggling building a decent defensiv to survive.
Would you recommend going for ES and CI for frenzy generation via boots/offhand?
What Passiv notes are worth getting for that?
Not sure i can specc for ES if go Poison dmg, if i build down for Vaalpact and the Poison dmg anyway - seems like there are better Life/Evasion notes nearby, maybe best to go Iron Reflexes.

"
Ikzme wrote:
Hey :)

Im new in the game and trying to flicker too :) i guess best build for incursions :P
Diffrent as you, im trying it as Assasin insttead of Trickster.

The Assasins Asdency gives 100% crit vs full life and low life targets, what feels good with Flicker - cause i want kill with 1-2 Hits.
Also the 100% dmg if only 1 Enemy around could help on Bosskills with Flicker.

Somehow i want to add poison. The short 2seconds dot sounds good if flicker around between targets.
Its easy to get as an Assasin, 40% poison on hit in asdency, the "dirty tricks" passiv near Vaalpact gives another 20% chance to poison and 30% chance to bleed.
Adding a Voidheart Ring with good Bleed and bad poison roll, whats pretty cheap - achievs a easy 90-100% poison and bleed on hit.

Dmg feels great.
Im struggling building a decent defensiv to survive.
Would you recommend going for ES and CI for frenzy generation via boots/offhand?
What Passiv notes are worth getting for that?
Not sure i can specc for ES if go Poison dmg, if i build down for Vaalpact and the Poison dmg anyway - seems like there are better Life/Evasion notes nearby, maybe best to go Iron Reflexes.

Hi

Doing good DPS from poison/bleed is complicating and it is not easy for new players unless they follow a guide. And mine is not that guide. Flicker probably isn't ideal for bleed/poison scaling. My build uses bleed/poison for non-DPS purposes.

If you're new, and you want the most efficient learning process, I suggest you follow 1 good guide in detail. But if you don't care about efficiency and just want to try things out, well, just do that.

But just FYI, my guide is not even close to the build you are describing.

From what I've heard, this guide below is a really good assassin poison build you might want to follow closely:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2104647
Any new kills or map clears?
"
Cynegold wrote:
Any new kills or map clears?

I'm exploring ways to get some stun avoidance lol. Also got a watcher's eye and taste of hate. I will update once I figure out the stun...
"
Hollyphantom wrote:

Hi

Doing good DPS from poison/bleed is complicating and it is not easy for new players unless they follow a guide. And mine is not that guide. Flicker probably isn't ideal for bleed/poison scaling. My build uses bleed/poison for non-DPS purposes.

I see you use self-bleeding for frenzy charges. I still want try build a poison flicker :)May i end up swaping on a bow.

"
Hollyphantom wrote:

But just FYI, my guide is not even close to the build you are describing.

From what I've heard, this guide below is a really good assassin poison build you might want to follow closely:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2104647

Gonna check the link out, thanks for that.
Im just struggling to survive with Flicker - can you tell me your defensiv stats? Sure your resi is capped, HP(or ES) pool greater as 5-6k and how much armour/evasion/physic dmd reduce?
Or you just oneshot everything before it hits you? :P
"
Ikzme wrote:

I still want try build a poison flicker :)May i end up swaping on a bow.

I might help with your topic. I'm currently trying to build a poison flicker strike build.
I theorycrafted an Assassin and a Trickster version and am currently levelling an Assassin with the Quill Rain build of Engeneering Eternity to switch to Flicker Strike when i have all the gear.

In my build i am using the Red Trail and Golden Rule combo for the frenzy charges which has the problem that not only the bleed gets reflected but also the poison you inflict. The solutions i chose are to get the upgraded Shakari pantheon power for poison immunity and phys to cold conversion with hrimsorrow gloves (50%) and on the tree (40%). Poison can still be inflicted by chaos damage.

Some other potential problems are that i use many uniques which complicates capping resistances and getting life.

For the ascendency choice somehow the trickster gave me higher damage (perhaps because of the Chaos damage of "Harness the Void") and has the advantage of a Flicker Strike that costs 0 Mana because of "Weave the Arcane"

I can't really say if it works out in the end but i don't mind if the build can't complete endgame content. It's my first fully selfmade build =]
If it does work out to a certain degree i plan to make a more detailed buildguide for it.

Here you have the Path of Building for both versions and if you have questions or ideas feel free to let me know.

https://pastebin.com/NiHtEPYe
"
Ikzme wrote:

Gonna check the link out, thanks for that.
Im just struggling to survive with Flicker - can you tell me your defensiv stats? Sure your resi is capped, HP(or ES) pool greater as 5-6k and how much armour/evasion/physic dmd reduce?
Or you just oneshot everything before it hits you? :P

Assuming you have res capped, the 2 most important things in this game is to have a high life pool and be able to recover quickly when you take damage. Unless you're CI or an ES build wearing a shav's armor, life is actually the only defensive stat that can prevent all types of damage. For example:

- armour only reduces phys damage from hits. Doesn't reduce elemental or chaos damage, and doesnt reduce damage over time (DOT). Also, armour is terrible at reducing hard hits. It's good at reducing many small hits. Meaning, it doesnt prevent one-shots very well unless u invest in it heavily.
- evasion only evades hits from attacks. Doesn't do anything to DOT or spells. So you can still get one shot.
- ES doesnt prevent chaos damage. It goes straight thru your ES unless you're wearing a shav's or youre CI.

And as long as you have sufficient life pool, you can tank anything in the game. Recovering from damage is important too, and is typically through life leech, life regen, recovery rate, and flasks. For most builds life leech is the most important.

Mechanics of leech is complicating, so you should look it up. Also, LV1 cast-when-damage-taken linked to LV1 immortal call is useful in most builds. Look that up too.

Last edited by Hollyphantom on Jun 21, 2018, 10:07:53 PM
"
Phuelo wrote:
"
Ikzme wrote:

I still want try build a poison flicker :)May i end up swaping on a bow.

I might help with your topic. I'm currently trying to build a poison flicker strike build.
I theorycrafted an Assassin and a Trickster version and am currently levelling an Assassin with the Quill Rain build of Engeneering Eternity to switch to Flicker Strike when i have all the gear.

In my build i am using the Red Trail and Golden Rule combo for the frenzy charges which has the problem that not only the bleed gets reflected but also the poison you inflict. The solutions i chose are to get the upgraded Shakari pantheon power for poison immunity and phys to cold conversion with hrimsorrow gloves (50%) and on the tree (40%). Poison can still be inflicted by chaos damage.

You still need the Apep Supp to convert Bleed into chaos, right? Not sure poison immunity works on bleeding dmg dealing chaos dmg. Seems like CI is the only way to counter the bleed.

I think CI is the best solution. With Apeps its a Bleed and Poison immunity.
The Traps in the Lab are a joke without the dots and a fast recovery on energy shield.

"
Phuelo wrote:

Some other potential problems are that i use many uniques which complicates capping resistances and getting life.

For the ascendency choice somehow the trickster gave me higher damage (perhaps because of the Chaos damage of "Harness the Void") and has the advantage of a Flicker Strike that costs 0 Mana because of "Weave the Arcane"

I can't really say if it works out in the end but i don't mind if the build can't complete endgame content. It's my first fully selfmade build =]
If it does work out to a certain degree i plan to make a more detailed buildguide for it.

I would recommend you go ES, the shield gives to much if play with RedTrail anyway.
Resitence is hard to find, i like the 28% all resi (for 4 passivs) near Duelist starting point.

On Asendency i prefer the Assasin somehow, maybe my newbish mind. The 40% Poison on hit feels good do deal some chaosdmg. 100% more dmg if only one target around, feels good versus bosses.
The 100% more crit chance vs low and full life targets is also nice to have, i can run with lower crit chance (30-50%) and still crit alot - exepect maybe on bosses 35-90% HP.
Also "Gain 20% physical dmg as extra chaos dmg against poisoned enemies" ...sounds not bad, with a ElderMod in Weapon for 25% physic to chaos convert, + the poison on hit - thats some Chaosdmg on melee hits.

The Manacost i can counter with 0,4% mana leech right now, just need 7 more Mana to aktivate my 3. Aura .. :)

I tried a Death Oath Body Armour, that gives the Death Aura on Kill, Chaosdmg over time. Does way more dmg as my Flickerstrike on Aoe. I think about respeccing full into Chaosdmg / Dmg over time and get the Curseffectivness on the way and the skill effect duration in the middle.

"
Hollyphantom wrote:

Assuming you have res capped, the 2 most important things in this game is to have a high life pool and be able to recover quickly when you take damage. Unless you're CI or an ES build wearing a shav's armor, life is actually the only defensive stat that can prevent all types of damage. For example:

- armour only reduces phys damage from hits. Doesn't reduce elemental or chaos damage, and doesnt reduce damage over time (DOT). Also, armour is terrible at reducing hard hits. It's good at reducing many small hits. Meaning, it doesnt prevent one-shots very well unless u invest in it heavily.
- evasion only evades hits from attacks. Doesn't do anything to DOT or spells. So you can still get one shot.
- ES doesnt prevent chaos damage. It goes straight thru your ES unless you're wearing a shav's or youre CI.

And as long as you have sufficient life pool, you can tank anything in the game. Recovering from damage is important too, and is typically through life leech, life regen, recovery rate, and flasks. For most builds life leech is the most important.

Mechanics of leech is complicating, so you should look it up. Also, LV1 cast-when-damage-taken linked to LV1 immortal call is useful in most builds. Look that up too.

Thanks for that.
I already know how defensivs work. Just dont know whats achievable in this game.
Armour is good verus much enemys with small hts, who would bypass evasion cause trying often with many hits.
Evasion is good versus Bosses, who dont hit often and the huge hits cant be reduced by armour.
But not sure its viable to go full Evasion/Armour with small Lifepool. Maybe.

But I think i gonna stick to ES with fast recovery, as you say, "lifepool" is safest defensiv.
Now on level70 i only got 2k ES but 62% armour + fortify. Most rare monster i can tank, but huge hits as (crit affix) or bosses oneshot me.

Already got the cast on dmg taken with a immortal call, increased duraton and a tempest shield (for the 3% block, why not - may vaal molten shell is better).

Not sure on what Gear-Slots can Manaleech and Lifeleech roll, can someone help me out? :)
Right now i get it via passivs i would like to refund.

"
Ikzme wrote:

Thanks for that.
I already know how defensivs work. Just dont know whats achievable in this game.
Armour is good verus much enemys with small hts, who would bypass evasion cause trying often with many hits.
Evasion is good versus Bosses, who dont hit often and the huge hits cant be reduced by armour.
But not sure its viable to go full Evasion/Armour with small Lifepool. Maybe.

But I think i gonna stick to ES with fast recovery, as you say, "lifepool" is safest defensiv.
Now on level70 i only got 2k ES but 62% armour + fortify. Most rare monster i can tank, but huge hits as (crit affix) or bosses oneshot me.

Already got the cast on dmg taken with a immortal call, increased duraton and a tempest shield (for the 3% block, why not - may vaal molten shell is better).

Not sure on what Gear-Slots can Manaleech and Lifeleech roll, can someone help me out? :)
Right now i get it via passivs i would like to refund.

There's many ways to counter the bleed. Apep's is just 1 option.

u need 5k ES I'd say to feel like your gear is coming together. Armour is garbage as assassin especially. Don't invest in it. Leech is obtained easily on Jewels, as long as you are doing phys damage with attacks that hit. But, if you are using claws, you can just get the claw leech nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info