[3.7] CI Apep's Supremacy Flicker Strike Trickster (BUILD OF THE WEEK)

"
patrickshu wrote:
can i use alternative unique armor rather than atziri's splendour?

Incandescent Heart and Geofri's Sanctuary are options but you're probably gonna end up losing too much ES to justify
Hi Hollyphantom,

I've just completely copied your build on Delve league.. One does mentioned to me that you haven't completely experience POE until you've build a FLICKERSTRIKE character.

I literally went all in and spent around 30ex (shield cost 15ex already).

I have to say thank you so much as i really enjoy playing flicker and even in delve its quite a challenge to play but not impossible!

This build made my dying hype of POE alive again :)

Cheers for this wonderful build!

Peace :>
"
ponnponpon wrote:
Hi Hollyphantom,

I've just completely copied your build on Delve league.. One does mentioned to me that you haven't completely experience POE until you've build a FLICKERSTRIKE character.

I literally went all in and spent around 30ex (shield cost 15ex already).

I have to say thank you so much as i really enjoy playing flicker and even in delve its quite a challenge to play but not impossible!

This build made my dying hype of POE alive again :)

Cheers for this wonderful build!

Peace :>

Awesome! Yea the shield went up so much in price... it was around 20c when I first got mine in incursion lol.
Thanks for posting the build, this is the first time I've trully been impressed by a Flicker Build. Glad you've got BotW fame - and respect to your constant replies to people to help.

Hopefully you can help with a few questions:

1. Thoughts on HC viability? I'm concerned with flickering into 1-shots. Wondering if 6-6.5k ES can be in the 1-shot zone for some things. Have you taken it into HC?
2. How would Herald of Ice compare to Herald of Ash?
3. Are there any tweaks/knowledge since June when you posted the build guide and POB?
4. Any thoughts on the new Cast on Crit buff incoming or other Betrayal changes to affect this?
5. Could you recommend some dot points for a levelling guide please? I imagine some thought goes into when to use FS, when to switch to ES, and other stuff.

Thanks! x
Last edited by Jerdslaw on Nov 30, 2018, 7:15:39 AM
Im shooting to transition into this build in 3.5. Ill probably start sabo and go arc mines just for easy leveling. Trickster melee leveling just does not sound appealing at all.
Double posted.
Last edited by Deadmaux on Nov 30, 2018, 8:28:35 AM
"
Jerdslaw wrote:
Thanks for posting the build, this is the first time I've trully been impressed by a Flicker Build. Glad you've got BotW fame - and respect to your constant replies to people to help.

Hopefully you can help with a few questions:

1. Thoughts on HC viability? I'm concerned with flickering into 1-shots. Wondering if 6-6.5k ES can be in the 1-shot zone for some things. Have you taken it into HC?
3. Are there any tweaks/knowledge since June when you posted the build guide and POB?
4. Any thoughts on the new Cast on Crit buff incoming or other Betrayal changes to affect this?
5. Could you recommend some dot points for a levelling guide please? I imagine some thought goes into when to use FS, when to switch to ES, and other stuff.

Thanks! x

Flicker in general is not HC viable unless u have a lot of defense like slayer leech or jugg. The issue is that your screen is shaking so much that you sometimes wont notice when there is some lethal mechanic coming at you that you can typically avoid.

I havent done HC with this. This build isnt particularly super tanky. it's also very very hard to get more ES than what I have, which is about 6.5k.

Ice wont do much. There's nothing on our gear/tree that increases HOI damage, plus we dont benefit much from the added cold. Better comparison is HoAsh vs HoPurity. Purity wasnt around when I made the build. It is better for single target than Ash, but Ash is nice for clearing trash.

Potentially, the best route might be to drop hatred and use Arctic armour, HoPurity, HoAsh, and one of the new Banners (both are useful).

Yea like i said, HoPurity and Banners. I will update the guide once patch notes get released.

CoC wont fit the build. But the new crafting diversity might make it easier to hit higher ES or DPS. And also, I saw that theres a phys% + Bleed chance hybdrid craft that you can do on weapons, which will allow u to drop chance to bleed.

5. Could you recommend some dot points for a leveling guide please? I imagine some thought goes into when to use FS, when to switch to ES, and other stuff.

I suggest leveling as life/claw/melee/non-crit. You have to get to Lv70 IIRC before you can actually do this build. Once you hit 70, you can drop all the life nodes and get the es nodes. Double strike or frostblades are good options. Make sure you use bloodrage when you're a life build. The tree can be something like this

www.poeurl.com/b86d
Last edited by Hollyphantom on Nov 30, 2018, 8:35:04 AM
"
Deadmaux wrote:
Im shooting to transition into this build in 3.5. Ill probably start sabo and go arc mines just for easy leveling. Trickster melee leveling just does not sound appealing at all.

Well, I dont think theres anything wrong with trickster melee. If you do traps, you'll need more regret orbs for sure. Thatll work if ur fine with that tho.
Hey. I wanna say very nice build, and exactly what i`m searching for.
My question is can this be done not with Claws, but with dagger?
"
Hey. I wanna say very nice build, and exactly what i`m searching for.
My question is can this be done not with Claws, but with dagger?

daggers is worse right now. the 50% life leeched per sec on the claw node is very important for leeching back ES quickly when you lose it. Since we dont have a life flask or regen, leech is important

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info