Game gets so dull after lvl 85

"
Hyskoa wrote:
Getting good gear takes exalts. With exalts at like 100+ chaos, it takes too long to get gear.

That is a stinking pile of crap.

You can get tremendously more useful gear than what the OP has equipped for just 1 to 3 chaos each. And for just 5 to 15 chaos you can get nice gear.

It is idiotic to say you have to spend ex to get good gear.

And the rest of your suggestions about removing mapping and making it easy to get to 100 is total shit. It would make the game pointless to play.
Last edited by Qiox on Jun 16, 2018, 11:05:18 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

8?

Damn. We actually finally traded places. Im...surprised.

On a potato pc with the other stuff you're aware and without having ever seen the challenges screen, all before reaching lvl 80 on a single character. So no, the first batch of challenges doesn't require a lot of playtime.

"
You can get tremendously more useful gear than what the OP has equipped for just 1 to 3 chaos each. And for just 5 to 15 chaos you can get nice gear.

It is idiotic to say you have to spend ex to get good gear.

And the rest of your suggestions about removing mapping and making it easy to get to 100 is total shit. It would make the game pointless to play.

Could be for that person, was more or less talking about my own case. The game is so badly programmed/optimised that I always need to be way tankier than the average player because there's tons of places where I get 0-1 fps for a few seconds.

And whereas you might feel it's pointless to keep playing without maps/100, the rest of us more casual players or even(to satisfy charan "hmm dog" 鬼殺し) casual hardcores just don't want our goals to be out of reach. If you stay with the current xp curve and unique gear requirements, most of the stuff we want isn't attainable.
So what reason do we have to keep playing? So we can chain maps without any rewards? Keep losing experience if do we chain these maps? Slowly grind more currency while bots and traders are making bank while destroying the market?

Doesn't sound sensible.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
At 85, it's there is not much to obtain, only 15 more levels.

If your sitting back, scared because of losing XP, so you risk nothing, then sure, it gets boring.

But playing the high end maps, pushing forward, courting death for gains is the excitement.

If your not interested in risks, plenty of Clicker Hero type games which offer progression with zero drawback.
Wow... people are getting all bent out of shape over someone not liking their game. Move on.
"
PrinceNiels wrote:
So this is something weighing on my mind for a bit now.

I love playing this game, solor or with friends.
Been actively playing since abyss league.

Each league its the same thing though
Its FUN to play the game until reaching around lvel 85.
Then experience gains are so damn low you are stuck doing low tier maps or risk high tier and die and lose like 10% experience each death.

In my opinion the combination of slow experience gain and experience penalty that harsh upon dying is UNFUN.

I dont expect to reach level 100 in a week of playing..
But it WOULD be nice to see some sort of a reward for the time I invest in this damn game.

Right now i play 2-3 hours or so.. get very little experience and if I die I lose it all again.
And I might get 1 or 2 chaos orbs dropping, despite having added Quality and Quantity bonus.

I've reached a point where I'm like.. Wtf is the point of playing this game?
I dont wanna move on but the struggle is real.

TLDR: game is fun until lvl 85, then its a fucking grind to hell.

it is very interesting to see when people hi their ceiling.

Mine is 95 and i get bored and move on to another toon.

I have friends that get tired at 82 some at 90.

I usually get bored once i can cheese t15+ maps.
Well then by level 85 you should watch the Mythbusters episode where they learn how to polish poop. Then polish your PoE build for maximum shine.  :)
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Play HC u wont have this problem usually. I like I died at 89 in SSFHC which saved me trouble of grind.

In reality though 95+ is where it gets tedious. Before that you can get 2-3% a map if not more. Whereas like 99-100 takes 1000 maps. I usually stop at 94-96 unless I die first.

You can get 93 NEVER repeating a map.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jun 16, 2018, 4:19:55 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Play HC u wont have this problem usually. I like I died at 89 in SSFHC which saved me trouble of grind.

That is one way to play. Just die in HC by level 85... obviously not what the OP wants to do no doubt (but not wanting to put in the extra work to polish a high level build either). He either needs to move along, "this isn't the arpg he is looking for" or find ways to have fun in PoE. Otherwise his playing days are over... "game over man!".
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Well I listened to some advices.
Got rid of a lot of my quality/quantity gear and purchased gear with LIFE on it.
4.3k life now, my goal is 5k though.

Also got my hands on Inpulsa Garb, which i am working on getting to 5 links, maybe 6.

Its not that I 'hate' the game.
Its more of a love/hate thing tbh.
Sometimes its fun, sometimes its frustrating.

at least I dont die as much anymore.
Ive never really reached 'endgame' though.
So I am still learning new stuff ^^
"
Hyskoa wrote:
And whereas you might feel it's pointless to keep playing without maps/100, the rest of us more casual players or even(to satisfy charan "hmm dog" 鬼殺し) casual hardcores just don't want our goals to be out of reach. If you stay with the current xp curve and unique gear requirements, most of the stuff we want isn't attainable.
So what reason do we have to keep playing? So we can chain maps without any rewards? Keep losing experience if do we chain these maps? Slowly grind more currency while bots and traders are making bank while destroying the market?

Doesn't sound sensible.

What is not sensible is that the problems you describe are all just in your head. You are knowingly picking things that don't fit into your play style as your goals and then complaining that you can't have them.

Self defeating goals and imaginings about what everyone else is doing is your problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info