[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

Does Multistrike work with Ruthless, so that the 3rd Slam the zombies cast has increased damage?

I'm 3 Red, 3 Blue on my chest and I'm not sure what to put in the 3rd Red slot. (Low on chrome, so don't want to mess it up)

B - Raise Zombie
B - Minion Damage Support
B - Minion Speed (Or Item Rarity or Minion Health)

R - Melee Physical Damage Support
R - Multistrike
R - Ruthless

Edit: I think my biggest complaint about this build is that, on some of the lower level maps, if the boss doesn't drop anything worthwhile for the itemfilter, its hard to know if I killed him or not, since he disappears the second he gets on screen. :P
Last edited by aucran on Jun 18, 2018, 5:27:41 PM
"
aucran wrote:
Does Multistrike work with Ruthless, so that the 3rd Slam the zombies cast has increased damage?

I'm 3 Red, 3 Blue on my chest and I'm not sure what to put in the 3rd Red slot. (Low on chrome, so don't want to mess it up)

B - Raise Zombie
B - Minion Damage Support
B - Minion Speed (Or Item Rarity or Minion Health)

R - Melee Physical Damage Support
R - Multistrike
R - Ruthless

Edit: I think my biggest complaint about this build is that, on some of the lower level maps, if the boss doesn't drop anything worthwhile for the itemfilter, its hard to know if I killed him or not, since he disappears the second he gets on screen. :P

For the third blue I'd recommend concentrated effect.also yes that is the way I believe ruthless functions.
Could you paste a link for skill tree when leveling, i dont know which passives to take first and which ones later. I would really like to try the build, looking forward for the reply :)
"
reimo90 wrote:
Could you paste a link for skill tree when leveling, i dont know which passives to take first and which ones later. I would really like to try the build, looking forward for the reply :)

Sure thing! It's next on my list to make a levelling section ASAP. Just been busy actually playing it the last couple days. :P
"
grimlock9999 wrote:

Hey OP, love the build, love the guide thanks! BUT, slimmdimm is right. Without some zombie movespeed, all that dps is kinda wasted. If you get rid of some strength jewels, and do anything you can to get movespeed on jewels, or crafted onto items, I think you'll really notice the difference. Apparitions unique jewel is a nice cheap way to get the movespeed, and keep the zombies alive.

So, first off, I'd like to point you towards my video of the build, where I run a T13 arsenal (and the incursion within) in about 5 minutes.
https://youtu.be/jpHIJJmPWlk

Secondly, I really don't think that 5-10% movespeed is going to give you nearly as much as you think it will, and zombie survivability really isn't an issue. I can count on one hand the number of zombies I lose per day, aside from disconnects and logging out, that is.

if you're really concerned about zombie movement, which as I've stated multiple times through this thread isn't as big of a concern as you seem to think it is (skeletons do a lot of the work for trash packs, with zombies cleaning up after, and zombies are largely there to wreck bosses -- you can even run both in a single 6-L. It works surprisingly well.) But, if you're worried about it, there's a number of options: 1: allow your zombies to miss from time to time, from having too much attack speed for their cooldown, by giving them minion speed support rather than one of the other supports in the link. 2: CWDT+Convocation+Desecrate link (I'd replace the enfeeble totem and clarity with this, probably. 3: essence craft minion movespeed on accessories (the deafening essence is like 9c in ISC right now.)
4: Null and Void gloves are another option, giving you rampage, and therefore movespeed/attack speed for you and your minions.
Could you post lvl 20 or 30 skill tree for now? i could start leveling then and know im going the right way :)
first for the guy with the slow zombies:

yes they´re stupid... well they´re zombies...
a little trick to get them to act quick, much like a direct cast spell is, to use convocation, either in a when dmg taken setup, or in your case directly cast.

it works by resetting the zombies targeting and lets them lock the nearest enemy after the cast, and well, you can kind of controll that, by running into a pack, cast, and run away. the zombies will close to instantly aoe slam everything to bits.

and yeah i know the cool down is shit, but at least its kind of a hotfix for the real stupid maneuvers. =)

and secondary:

thanks for the answer on shock OP, really apreciated... i started to tinker around a bit again, as i got a better idea of the mechanic now. =)
You can just cast desecrate ground on mobs, zombies will target them, then use spirit offering. Ew shield charge tho mobs.
"
taypan123 wrote:
You can just cast desecrate ground on mobs, zombies will target them

exactly.
I am going to make your build in standard in my lvl 92 witch and see if it really has that much damage vs shaper. But your weapon gives 93% increased minion damage, that is a league item I think, with what can i replace it in standard?
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
"
Spacecom wrote:
"
taypan123 wrote:
You can just cast desecrate ground on mobs, zombies will target them

exactly.
I am going to make your build in standard in my lvl 92 witch and see if it really has that much damage vs shaper. But your weapon gives 93% increased minion damage, that is a league item I think, with what can i replace it in standard?

United in Dream or Severed in Sleep are your next best options without the temple rare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info