[3.3] The Exiled Hooligan - Self Cast Incinerate Low Life

Exiled Hooligan (Low Life Build)
T16 minotaur: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4cmug7ddok&feature=youtu.be
T16 minotaur: https://v.qq.com/x/page/i0689sf9q84.html

Hello everyone!

I am from the Chinese realms, but I also play on the international realms due to the delay with leagues starts in China and would like to take this opportunity to share my build on the international realms with everyone before I head back to China.

The build revolves around the new 3.3 belt, Coward’s Legacy, which causes us to be cursed with vulnerability and low life when effected by vulnerability.

Uniques that give bonuses when the character is on low-life is utilized to provide offensive and defensive power, which are used along with a Watcher’s Eye with the mod when affected by Determination Aura unaffected by vulnerability to mitigate the negative part of Coward’s Legacy.

I have beaten T16 and T17 with this build Uber Elder (T18) have not tried yet

Build Mechanics
This is a self-cast incinerate build. Self-cast builds have always lacked in defensive capabilities to be a seriously viable build, without effective life leech or mana regen, self-cast builds have always been the butt-end of jokes. In China “self-cast arc witch” is often used as a joke, and as someone who likes self-casting I have always been frustrated at this.

In 3.3 GGG improved self-cast, firstly elementalists can leech life (albeit low) but at least we can leech life now. In 3.3 lots of spells were also buffed, although seemingly buffing traps, it buffs the simple bread and butter self-cast too. So with that in mind I went out wanting to do a meme build about being a "low-life" character that uses low-life mechanics as much as possible.

So when I saw the new vaal belt: Coward’s Legacy and the low-life mechanic I immediately thought about Daresso’s Courage, along with passives and Rumi’s to have a stable 55% hit block chance and 75% spell block chance, and when blocking physical attacks recently to achieve 75% physical and 75% spell block with consistent uptime.

Asides from blocking, this build also uses life leech to survive, using Elementalist’s 0.5 life leech and because incinerate casts extremely fast (10 times per second) every second I can get 20% life leech and every hit 2% life leech to ensure my survival.
Passives wise we focus on life and mana as well as recovering, we don’t leave too much points to damage, theres still room to improve.

Note this build is meme optimized, not efficiency optimized, yes there are rares that are better for certain slots but memes are priceless

Core Uniques
  • Cowards Chain - The centre of this build to get us on low life
  • Watcher’s Eye - With the mod not affected by vulnerability when affected by determination

• Rumi’s Concoction - to cap off block

• Redbeak - Sword for a lowlife, 100% increased low life meme damage,onslaught

• Daresso’s Courage - Low life to provide huge block

• Honourhome - Low life to provide reduced mana cost and also elemental resists

• Lori’s Lantern - Probably not needed but I want to keep the low-life meme going and it provides nice resists and enemies are unlucky

• Ngamahu Tiki - Low life meme continues, gives life, fire damage and resist

• Kaom’s Roots/Lioneye’s Paws - Kaoms for life, Lioneyes for memes, I would recommend going meme (we use 2 movement skill so we can afford the movespeed penalty for the memes)

Current Gear + Flasks

Dream Gear
Just saving up for a 6L carcass jack with AOE corruption

Skill Links
Weapon 3L: Lv 2 Cast on Damage – Lvl 4 Immortal Call – Lvl 6 Flammability
Shield 3L:Lv 20 Cast on Damage – Summon Lightning Golem – Summon Fire Golem
Gloves 4L: Shied Charge – Faster Attacks – Fortify – Culling Strike
Helmet 4L: Herald of Ash - Determination - Vaal Lighting Trap - Lvl 5 Clarity
Body 6L: Incinerate – Faster Casts – Chance to Ignite – Controlled Destruction – Immolation – Increased Area (for bosses swap increase area to concentrated effect)

Jewels
The Watchers Eye mentioned earlier, rares go for spell damage and life

Passives
Lvl 90 passive Tree

Lvl 100 Passive Tree

Ascendency

Pantheon
Solaris, Shakaari

Last edited by shenlingli on Jun 21, 2018, 5:40:12 AM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2018, 12:25:00 AM
added video

Last edited by shenlingli on Jun 14, 2018, 12:26:51 AM
Some changes have been made
This looks fun and full of memes how can I resist. I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing it with us. ^_^
"
Zenzen wrote:
This looks fun and full of memes how can I resist. I'm going to give it a try. Thank you for sharing it with us. ^_^

Ty,GL
How would you optimize the build for non meme (staying on low life). Also I cant watch the vido, I just get chinese commercials :(
"
daiur wrote:
How would you optimize the build for non meme (staying on low life). Also I cant watch the vido, I just get chinese commercials :(

This vido in the chinaese website,maybe anyone cann't see it, and i dont know how upload to YouTube.

Click that - then the first option, then you just drag the video and click publish.
Last edited by werchiel on Jun 20, 2018, 3:41:42 AM
"
werchiel wrote:

Click that - then the first option, then you just drag the video and click publish.

You’re the greatest.
"
daiur wrote:

added new video

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info