[3.6] Ignite Flameblast. Shaper down. Cheap to start.

"
bvennette wrote:
Why not Swift affliction over unbound ailments? Is it too hard to keep renewing a large ignite?

I use unbound ailment, becaus with it i can shock all the bosses(even shaper) reliably, when the conflux is up. And since i took elementalist, it is always min 20% dmg taken. If u want to go trickster, then i would use swift affliction.

"
bvennette wrote:

Is Emberwake a noob trap?

Emberwake is not rly a noob trap. It is around 20% more dmg buff to the ignite, if u can keep 2 ignites up all the time. I used it actually for quite a while. But i've seen, that dmg wasn't an issue and decided to go with opal ring, which gives more life and mana. And at the shaper fight i wasn't sure, if u could keep blasting him or would run around alot and would need the extra life pool or not, so also didn't took it. In retrospect i would have used it actually.

"
bvennette wrote:
Seems like POB is losing some DPS on ignite, your damage seems so massive.

As i said, shock is what's boosting the dps. I just didn't wanted to tick that box in PoB, since the amount is not fixed.

"
bvennette wrote:

I started with a flameblast ele but with 6k life and 1.5k mana I felt so squishy in high yellows when flasks were down I rerolled to bv. Immediately regretted and just started a new toon.

I know with 10k ehp (like you have ) it would feel more tanky. I had considered starting maybe a trickster, seems like it would make it even tankier (at a massive loss to ignite dps?), the worse starting point bugs me though. Perhaps some kind of indigon build if it scales ignite any

Did u had paragon of calamity already? Also the boots enchant(the 2% life and mana regen one would also be awesome) and watchers eye with % of dmg gained as mana is very good for sustain. For start paragon and mana flask is already enough.

I went for elementalist because of several reasons. I like to play witch. I find the start on the tree much better, for what i wanted to do. I wanted to be able to run all the map mobs blindly.

Indigon does not boost the ignite dmg for flameblast. Also light of divinity and retribution in templar start i took mainly for the cast speed.

"
bvennette wrote:

Seems like crit might be possible, although more expensive to gear. I wouldn't mind play flameblast all league though and just pouring all my currency into the one toon.

Could be, but u r also right, will cost tons more. I rather invest that in xoph's blood ;)

"
bvennette wrote:

Sorry for so many questions I'm just so excited to see your build. Going to start theory crafting a trickster. I think Kaom's is probably to good to consider Hybrid or CI. Think it's possible to make use of ghost dance on a life build efficiently?

I always consider ES as non existent on any build, which doesn't invest in it. Maybe if u would go hybrid, u could use ghost dance. Dont know about CI, would prolly cost a lot to make it tanky enough.

Thanks for the concise reply! I've gone ahead and planned out a Life/MoM trickster, I did some research and it seems that there isn't a great way to activate Ghost Dance outside of heavy investment into ES. There are some Eldritch Battery shenanigans but it doesn't accomplish exactly what I want so I'm not going to bother.

Damage seems pretty comparable, between the two classes, although Trickster is definitely more limited by map mods than elementalist. Points are a bigger issue so I opted to kill all, and I take the path of intelligence out of the trickster area to save a couple more.

"
Did u had paragon of calamity already? Also the boots enchant(the 2% life and mana regen one would also be awesome) and watchers eye with % of dmg gained as mana is very good for sustain. For start paragon and mana flask is already enough.

I had not taken Paragon of Calamity. I was actually scaling the main hit because I had no clue how to even begin scaling ignite so I had went for Mastermind of Discord. I also try not to run Golems if I can help it, just preference. I do however much prefer your tree to what I had. My ignites were 50k with 400k main hit.

"
As i said, shock is what's boosting the dps. I just didn't wanted to tick that box in PoB, since the amount is not fixed.

I hadn't forgot about shock, The damage just seems so good!

A couple thoughts I've had after spending some time on this. Overall damage may be better when balancing initial hit and ignite. Not that more damage is required.

I'm hoping that I get a smoother mapping experience with trickster(as compared to my initial elementalist). Going to run warlords and flammability, swap in enfeeble or maybe temp chains if I can get a leech neck. I'm sacrificing regen to make this work, but I'll adjust if necessary.

I think I will respec my elementalist down the road and compare the overall experience between the two. Next league I think I'll try and see what happens if I scale both with a bang for buck kind of mindset. Then maybe look at a low life variant, I dunno just glad I have something to be excited about! I love self-cast flameblast, seems like a great all rounder right now.
Thanks for the build! I'm currently trying to follow this build and I am confused about immolate support. Does the added damage also apply to ignite damage/burning damage? or is it applied only to hit damage?
Last edited by joopac on Jul 7, 2018, 9:19:51 AM
"
joopac wrote:
Thanks for the build! I'm currently trying to follow this build and I am confused about immolate support. Does the added damage also apply to ignite damage/burning damage? or is it applied only to hit damage?

Applied to both. Ignite takes base dmg to calculation and flat dmg increases base dmg. Only reason I don't have any flat dmg else where on gear, is EE.
hey! is this 3.4 viable?
Want to try a flameblast build, its been decades since the last time that I play one :(
"
Delpi10 wrote:
hey! is this 3.4 viable?
Want to try a flameblast build, its been decades since the last time that I play one :(

Yes, nothing changed. I added new PoB on the front page.
Last edited by 1337fun on Sep 16, 2018, 3:21:54 AM
im a bit confused. you are using gems for burning damage but i thought ignite damage is different.
"
tomer_sss wrote:
im a bit confused. you are using gems for burning damage but i thought ignite damage is different.

Ignite is the name of the ailment. It does burning dmg.
Hi I'm planning on trying out this build and have a couple questions cause I'm a noob.

1. How useful is Elemental Overload? It's always active in PoB but Flameblast is like 1 hit/sec against bosses which mean versus most bosses it's unlikely to be up at all on 5% crit chance.

2. You said on the other post that Unbound Aliment help you shock more reliably with conflux compare to other DoT support gems. Can you explain why it's the case.

3. Since your gears are meant to be cheap. What if I decided to invest this build with the best gears, what would be BiS (legacy equipment/flasks included).

Thanks.
"
thongdoan112 wrote:
Hi I'm planning on trying out this build and have a couple questions cause I'm a noob.

1. How useful is Elemental Overload? It's always active in PoB but Flameblast is like 1 hit/sec against bosses which mean versus most bosses it's unlikely to be up at all on 5% crit chance.

2. You said on the other post that Unbound Aliment help you shock more reliably with conflux compare to other DoT support gems. Can you explain why it's the case.

3. Since your gears are meant to be cheap. What if I decided to invest this build with the best gears, what would be BiS (legacy equipment/flasks included).

Thanks.

1. That is what orb of storms i for. Put it don on the bosses to proc EE and EO.

2. Increased effect = need less dmg to apply shock same amount of shock.

3. Legacy kamos heart, +3 staff with fire dmg, cast speed and DoT, taste of hate instead of basalt flask. Other gear is hard to tell with all the stuff available, what would be the best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info