[3.3] Apep Recharge Blade Vortex Occultist - CI - Uber elder and etc...

Took heavy inspiration from this and quickly meshed together a bunch of items in Standard. Level 95, 7800ES, from 2 million (without flasks nor spider's web stacks) to roughly 5 million (with flasks and 3 spider's web stacks) Shaper dps.

Watcher's Eye is not ideal and I didn't attempt to geat nearly as much faster start of Energy Shield Recharge, instead chose to rely on my axe's 10% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Critical Strike for Immortal Call's duration.

Main difference is I'm using Coward's Legacy for Pain Attunement, Soul of Ralakesh serves as a workaround for Maim, although ideally you'd want to get it on a jewel corruption.

I managed to take down Uber Elder just fine (I honestly need more practice, but the build performed great).

Gear

PoB: https://pastebin.com/EmtfRQpi
Last edited by b0moodc on Jun 22, 2018, 4:13:22 PM
Hey, I stumbled on this just now while looking for possible respeccs from my Occultist BV build

The concept is almost exactly the same. I've gone though several iterations of my gear/mechanics/stacking Start of ES Recharge.

My gear:

Spoiler

Stumbling on your build is giving me some food for thought, which I will digest in time and see what I can come up with. I'm neither happy nor sad about my current iteration. I have killed all guardians/elder guardians/elder with it. have not tried shaper, but it should not be difficult (mechanics fight mostly and my dps is fine). I did try Uber Elder and that did not end well.

I am currently 90% ele conversion. (Watcher jewel with hatred conversion + PtL)
I WAS using a Watcher with ES Start of Recharge, but swapped for ES on Hit (better for mapping)

I am also using Scold's. Why?

it does a lot of things for me:
- Self proccing CWDT setups: Immortal call (with ES recharge watcher, this is enough to get Recharge started on nonstop casting) Also ball Lightning + arctic breath. These apply my 2 curse on hit curses from gear (Gloves + Ring)
- Self Poisoning for Apep's for the +3% Max res 100% uptime.
- Boot enchant is always up for the 2% mana regen
- Pantheon bonuses Gruthkul (phys reduction) or Yugul (cold reduction)
- massive damage boost.

I've tried a lot of different things on the build so it has likely gotten somewhat diluted. This is my current PoB for it:
https://pastebin.com/zszJVc8i

TL:DR -> I like Scold's as a memey/utility helmet. I think it might have a place here (at least worth exploring)
Last edited by Gryphenprey on Jun 22, 2018, 2:42:44 PM
Is Ghost Reaver + ring with Blasphemy still viable with this build ? or its not worth it ?
"
b0moodc wrote:
Took heavy inspiration from this and quickly meshed together a bunch of items in Standard. Level 95, 7800ES, from 2 million (without flasks nor spider's web stacks) to roughly 5 million (with flasks and 3 spider's web stacks) Shaper dps.

Watcher's Eye is not ideal and I didn't attempt to geat nearly as much faster start of Energy Shield Recharge, instead chose to rely on my axe's 10% chance to gain an Endurance Charge on Critical Strike for Immortal Call's duration.

Main difference is I'm using Coward's Legacy for Pain Attunement, Soul of Ralakesh serves as a workaround for Maim, although ideally you'd want to get it on a jewel corruption.

I managed to take down Uber Elder just fine (I honestly need more practice, but the build performed great).

Gear

PoB: https://pastebin.com/EmtfRQpi

Yeah, If your off-hand can generate Endurance charge then Coward's Legacy is sweet. I prefer this than Using Voll's + romira.

Since this is kind of a starter guide, i'll just provide a main core build so that most ppl can access.

"
Gryphenprey wrote:
Hey, I stumbled on this just now while looking for possible respeccs from my Occultist BV build

The concept is almost exactly the same. I've gone though several iterations of my gear/mechanics/stacking Start of ES Recharge.

My gear:

Spoiler

Stumbling on your build is giving me some food for thought, which I will digest in time and see what I can come up with. I'm neither happy nor sad about my current iteration. I have killed all guardians/elder guardians/elder with it. have not tried shaper, but it should not be difficult (mechanics fight mostly and my dps is fine). I did try Uber Elder and that did not end well.

I am currently 90% ele conversion. (Watcher jewel with hatred conversion + PtL)
I WAS using a Watcher with ES Start of Recharge, but swapped for ES on Hit (better for mapping)

I am also using Scold's. Why?

it does a lot of things for me:
- Self proccing CWDT setups: Immortal call (with ES recharge watcher, this is enough to get Recharge started on nonstop casting) Also ball Lightning + arctic breath. These apply my 2 curse on hit curses from gear (Gloves + Ring)
- Self Poisoning for Apep's for the +3% Max res 100% uptime.
- Boot enchant is always up for the 2% mana regen
- Pantheon bonuses Gruthkul (phys reduction) or Yugul (cold reduction)
- massive damage boost.

I've tried a lot of different things on the build so it has likely gotten somewhat diluted. This is my current PoB for it:
https://pastebin.com/zszJVc8i

TL:DR -> I like Scold's as a memey/utility helmet. I think it might have a place here (at least worth exploring)

LOL Scold's is awesome, it's my 1st helm, even before i HAVE to change to Hubris because too low ES and for enchant.

I was using it with 2 CWDT setup which is 2 curse + cold snap and another for IMC, Using malediction and it's rock :v

2% mana regen on boots is cool, i havent think about that earlier.

But well later i respect to full ES dude and it's fit my play style better.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
Hi everyone,
first of all, thank you for sharing this build. In general i am really enjoying it. But comparing all of your pastebin stuff with mine, it feels like i am missing something. I know that i am only level 84 and my gems aren't max level yet, but my damage seems really really low.
I exported my profile into pastebin and i would really appreciate it if someone could have a look.
https://pastebin.com/WVuJNyTD
Edit: Forgot to deactivate the heralds. Currently running Discipline + HoI

Thanks in advance
Last edited by NmE187 on Jun 24, 2018, 10:57:37 AM
Hi, I'm wondering how I could up my damage? I'm not really sure what to strive for right now. The character shouldn't be in a position to "min/max" right now, yet the damage is nowhere near where I'd like it to be.

My profile is public, if you have the time and energy perhaps you can give me a bit of feedback?

Made this on standard and was told it would fit for this build really well. If anyone is intrested in it let me know. Cool build may even try it myself with the amulet
Curious, I did read that you made this build as an alternative to elementalist so I had a few questions.

In your opinion does it have specific strengths over elementalist? it seems like it is a fair amount tankier, with similar damage potential. Less aoe, unless going into profane bloom. Part of my thoughts are if it is worth making a new guy to try it out, or if it would be too similar to my elementalist build this league.
Last edited by Ironsentron on Jul 3, 2018, 7:04:31 PM
How do you poison yourself with this build? I don't see a Golden Rule jewel
Last edited by Rashiko on Jul 9, 2018, 8:05:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info