[3.3]Make it Rain - RoA build Deadeye progression

Hi All,

This is a revised version of the guide (sort of) for my RoA Ranger.

I would like to point out first, that this build is untested for any end game bosses (guardian, shaper, red elder, uber atziri). Sadly with my real life commitment right now I dont have enough time to play a lot of PoE.

So lets get down to the nitty-gritty part.

the full build (lvl 90):

progression:

Gear for leveling:
Spoiler
Spoiler

After that I was moving to next bows one by one:

I than fated my Death's harp and used it until I could equip:

This is a bow I really like, as it gives Resolute Technique (a bit better) and Far Shot. It also has a nice APS. Biggest drowback is the 5% crit chance, whcih ultimately will lead us to get more crit on tree and everywhere else to get as close to 50% crit chance as we can (yes thats all the crit, but its enough)

My gear atm:
Spoiler

So thoughs about the gear:

Spoiler
Gloves are mandatory, as they give the 50% phys to cold conversion, you dont need the fated version, they are nice addition as they also add ignite.

I use this belt, as it does 2 things. 1) it works as blasphemy, cursing every hit mob with lvl 30 poachers mark - which gives us easy frenzy charges (and if you decide to use diffrent more powerful bow, reduce enemy evasion so you land more hits). 2) the flat life and mana on hit, really do stack up A LOT. hitting once a large group of mobs can easly heal you over 1k hp instantly.

boots, are not mandatory, but as I decided to go full evasion/dodge this is the BiS.

Helm can be replaced too, Starkonja is a really good option and I will definately get one to try it out.

While using so many uniques, getting resitance is a b**ch. This is the reason why the rings and amu slot will be your main source of resitance. Ideally you would like 2x diamond rings. My rings and amu are cheap. you can get a really good resitance ones with life if you got currency to spare. Getting flat cold ele dmg is nice too, also increase % dmg with elemental skills would be a big bonus.

I want to replace tabula with:

Carcass Jack is another great option, it gives life and resitantance as well as damage, but it has low evasion, and with the belt you get no benefit from ES.

I will update this again, as and when I made more progress. I will try to do some bandicam videos too and post it as well.

Gem Setup:

Spoiler

RoA - WED - Added Cold Dmg - Cold Pen - Increase Crit Strike/Dmg(depends how much crit I get) - PPAD or FA

At this stage I would like to mention that geting a 20q Crit strike chance gem is important, cause we want as much of crit as we can, also Vaal RoA is nice to have at 20q

Vaal RoA is awesome for bosses, especilly if you land crit with it. you can see the boss healh going down so nicely.

Single Target: Blast Rain - WED - conc eff - PPAD - FA - crit strike/dmg
Alt Single Target: barrage - WED - PPAD - FA - added cold dmg - crit strike/dmg

as you guys see, I dont have a 5/6l bow yet so I cannot test it fully, to decied which one is a better boss killer (if you fail with Vaal RoA)

Utilties:
Frost wall + spell echo +increase AOE (helps keep the bosses at safe distance)
Hatred + herald of ice

good luck guys

Old Post below (you dont really want to read it)
Spoiler
Hi all,

I'm strarted on my RoA build now, and just wanted to share it with you.
It's still super early on with progression but feels really good, especially Vaal RoA.
So here it is:

My full planned build:

bow I'm using

and use a pair of Hrimsorrow/Hrimburn gloves for 90% phys to cold conversion.

I got this chest to use but need to link it first:

as well as dodge boots:

Now with the double corruption (especially less danageous to do on gloves and boots) can get some sick mods.

i decided to go with:

I'm currently trying to get one with high flat life and low dmg.
The belt is very nice utility, giving not only flat mana and life per hit, but also generating frenzy charges for us.

Links:
RoA - WED - Added Cold Dmg - Cold Pen - Increase Crit Strike/Dmg(depends how much crit I get) - PPAD or FA

Single Target: Blast Rain - WED - conc eff - PPAD - FA - crit strike/dmg
I also want to test: barrage - wed - ppad - fa - added cold dmg - crit strike/dmg

Utilties:
Frost wall + spell echo +increase AOE (helps keep the bosses at safe distance)
Hatred + herald of ice

I will update this once I made some more progress.

EDIT1: made a small change to gem setup, added belt I will most likely use

YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jun 18, 2018, 4:14:40 AM
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2018, 8:00:06 AM
Hey, how has it been going? Thinking about testing RoA and I guess I will use this as some inspiration.
Any particular reason you're going for a phys > cold conversion?
"
stroopkoek wrote:
Hey, how has it been going? Thinking about testing RoA and I guess I will use this as some inspiration.
Any particular reason you're going for a phys > cold conversion?

Hi,

So far is going good, the AoE dmg is great. Single target is so so, unless you land a crit on your vaal RoA, then its really good single target.
Sadly Blast rain is so so for single target on a 4L so far I may instead go barrage, or try it with a 5/6 Link (2 six links would be ideal)

The reason why I got for phys to cold is the easy conversion. You get 40% from tree and 50% from gloves giving you 90% conversion to cold, also using hrimburn gloves you get ignite from cold too, which adds a lot of dps with the 3.3 changes. On top of that you get extra cold dmg from Hatred, and any elemental damage build is much easier to scale than physical.

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on Jun 12, 2018, 2:40:53 PM
Are you sure Conc Effect is a good choice? Does't it lessens the area of each arrow splash dmg? As opposed to Blast rain which reduces the area in which the arrows will fall into.
"
Vento7 wrote:
Are you sure Conc Effect is a good choice? Does't it lessens the area of each arrow splash dmg? As opposed to Blast rain which reduces the area in which the arrows will fall into.

yeah, I tested it with tabula and dropped conc eff and replaced it with cold pen instead.

I will update main post soon, once i made a bit more progress and testing with better gear (lately I dont have a lot of time to play)

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
bandits?
"
KaitoPS wrote:
bandits?

It is Alira, or you can go with kill all if you prefer faster progress.
I personally like the 20% crit multi and the 15% all res.

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
k thx :)
Hello, I am still a little new to the game. I am loving the build so far at lvl 21. I just have a couple noob questions on the gems. what is WED and PPAD?
"
Albino3006 wrote:
Hello, I am still a little new to the game. I am loving the build so far at lvl 21. I just have a couple noob questions on the gems. what is WED and PPAD?

WED is an old acronym refering to "weapon elemental damage" now it's known as elemental damage with attacks.

PPAD is referring to "Physical projectile damage"

These 2 are both support gems used for elemental conversion bow builds.

Hope that helped

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info