Being a mediocre player gets you nowhere in POE

Yup, its mostly his problem not the game's problem. Spend half an hour on research and you'll be cruising through content.
Since when being mediocre means being completely incapable of figuring out things or not having the mental capacity to look up stuff on the internet?
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jun 11, 2018, 3:30:26 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Yup, its mostly his problem not the game's problem. Spend half an hour on research and you'll be cruising through content.

You appear to have missed the part where the OP declares themselves a 'mediocre player'. hint: it's in the topic title. The very idea of being mediocre means you can have the best gear and still not be as good at something as someone who is above average. Congrats, apparently that means you.

Unfortunately your reading comprehension doesn't seem to be quite up to the same superior level as your PoE skills, hahaha.

Guess it wouldn't take long for the PoElitists to turn up.

Anybody with two brain cells to rub together can follow a build guide exactly. The problem is they think they are better than the actually are. Maybe OP isn't even a "mediocre" player. Maybe he's completely trash at this game. And that's okay. But he needs to realize that and throw away his misplaced pride, and just actually follow a guide if he's unsatisfied with where he's at.
PoE became far too grindy for normal player. You have not just fill Atlas with 150+ maps, but grind for Zana to get her to level 8 to get real enjoyment and returns from mapping (aka - Breach). You have to grind mid-level maps to have high-level ones dropped (even if you blast everything there). Then, grind to get even a chance to see Shaper, Uber Atziri, Elder, and so on. And drop rates seem to be balanced for those uber-fast builds that clear everything so fast that they even dont pick up 95% rares and currency like Alteration Orbs. And should i even mention, how frustrating trading system is, and how much time one may spend trying to buy a cheap map item he needs?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I think the problem here is attitude. Suppose you are having a trouble with something. What the average joe would do? Look up for a solution? Make a forum thread asking for help? Or fish for pity claiming the game is too hard for them? I am pretty sure any "mediocre" player would try the first 2 routes first. Asking for help always yields results here and his build is not micro intensive to begin with, its totems, click and watch them destroy, I've played enough of them to know how they work.

So yea I really don't feel like the title or the content of the first post are correct.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I think the problem here is attitude. Suppose you are having a trouble with something. What the average joe would do? Look up for a solution? Make a forum thread asking for help? Or fish for pity claiming the game is too hard for them? I am pretty sure any "mediocre" player would try the first 2 routes first. Asking for help always yields results here and his build is not micro intensive to begin with, its totems, click and watch them destroy, I've played enough of them to know how they work.

So yea I really don't feel like the title or the content of the first post are correct.

Yeah I feel like most players struggle with currency rather than the build. That's completely legit. Not many people can or want to play several hours a day, so they play casually and end the league with maybe a few ex in total and hit a ceiling in yellow or red maps. Very normal.

The OP here is a strange case of having a ton of currency yet an absolutely horrible build. He obviously has enough time to play. There is very little excuse here except for a poor attitude and refusal to follow a guide.
1- I watch alot of POE streamers and I can safely say the ones I watch would never pay for currency. These folks open their currency tabs for the people watching regularly and some people watching can tell where and when the currency dropped - they dont have magic currency just show up. I cant speak to all of them but most this is their job and RMT would get them banned so they absolutey do not do it.

2- OP- I have learned to play to my strengths. I only play Softcore - hardcore makes me tense up and grit my teeth being scared to die so I dont play it. If you know a certain area or boss is likely going to kill you - go level somewhere and get to zero percent of the next level so if you die, you lose about nothing. Get to a comfortable level you feel good at and then go farm the fuck out of the regal or chaos recipe and replace all your gear for that level. Get all your gems to level 20 then use the 20 level +GCP recipe and get the 20 Quality on all your gems. Find a few friends who know these fights and join them in discord and let them talk you through the harder bosses one by one several times. I cannot learn a fight in 1 go - I have to do it repeatedly. I have a friend who throws me a stream every time they do the elder or shaper fights so I can watch and learn as I have never done them without dying. I know I am an idiot so I am trying to embrace it and learn my way. Another friend lets me come along, even though we all know at some point I am going to stand in fire and die. Part of my issue is my reaction time is just shit, I am on alot of meds or my hands tense up and kinda just dont do what I tell them to frequently. The lovely, lovely friend that they are just doesnt care and picks me right up and carries me to a kill. One day I will get the fights down where I can do them like a real player but until then I will just be a baddy my way and try harder. I admit I do get discouraged sometimes but then I just dust myself off, pick myself up and try again. I could really care less about what level I am. I mean after you get to like 85-90 isn't it all about the same? If I get to 100 one day I'll think I beat the game but I honestly never see me staying with one character enough to hit 100.

My next character is going to be a copy o I_No's farm character, Its hella bright though so not sure I can actually play it without pushing a migraine. We will see. I want Dark MTXs for every spell in the game so I can play anything I want. Migraine MTX for eveyrthing to get rid of the Blinding glare from alot of the spells, please.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

PoE is a free game. Everyone is free to try it out and drop it if they feel like it. This is why all these achievements and other stats are completely inflated. Compare PoE to a game you have to pay 60 dollars for. Would you say the average player in Battlefield or CoD plays 10 hours, 8 of which the campaign and then drop the game? Unlikely.
welcome to poe, the game made & balanced for the 1% while the other 99% pays for it.
IGN: Bluntexile
"
peachii wrote:
I cant speak to all of them but most this is their job and RMT would get them banned so they absolutey do not do it.

This can be naive, like they can call their side vpn-bot-accounts as `friends`. And they can run it on other machine, since poe is FtP, you can reg any number of accounts on any number of mails, np at all. And they can use it as for farming, as for rmt of any kind. It can be killed off/banned, no problem at all since its dummy. If theyr play is like a job, why not doing this?

Personally, and I think many of us are not that maniacal and just playing the game, and wanna have some fun. Not a full time job out of poe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info