Incinerate

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on May 3, 2021, 7:40:45 AM
Can we get clarification on the number of casts required to move from one incinerate stage to the next? I have 9.71 casts per second and it takes almost 2 seconds to reach the 8th incinerate stage. With the increased number of stages, my assumption is that each cast advances to the next stage.

https://gfycat.com/NegativeBlushingAlaskanmalamute

Character build: Quad Hierophant Incinerate Totems
Level: 85
Complimenting abilities: a whole lotta cast speed
Last edited by lalib on Jun 8, 2018, 2:59:14 AM
"
lalib wrote:
Can we get clarification on the number of casts required to move from one incinerate stage to the next? I have 9.71 casts per second and it takes almost 2 seconds to reach the 8th incinerate stage. With the increased number of stages, my assumption is that each cast advances to the next stage.

Character build: Quad Hierophant Incinerate Totems
Level: 85
Complimenting abilities: a whole lotta cast speed

Feels like it's only one to me. But the game misinforms you about your cast speed when using totems. The spell totem modifier applies a 30% less cast speed penalty to your skill. So the base casting speed is .26 instead of .2 (so you get a little less than 4 casts a second instead of 5). So what is reported as 10 casts, which would be 100% inc casting speed is actually 7.69 casts from a totem (.13 seconds a cast instead of .1). I've already posted on the other thread how I felt about the new incinerate, so I don't really have any further comment to add here.
I should have clarified, it was 9.71 casts per second self cast, still takes almost 2 seconds to reach 8 stages.

I took off the totem link so I could do manual tests of casting time and how long it takes to reach 8 stages
See vid below
https://gfycat.com/NegativeBlushingAlaskanmalamute
Last edited by lalib on Jun 8, 2018, 2:59:29 AM
I've noticed this problem too, really makes the skill feel terrible at higher lvls when you have to dodge the one hit slams bosses do.
My self cast incinerator has 150% cast speed modifier(12.5 cast per second) and it took around 1.5 second to reach maximum stage which is 8. Anyone noticed this?

Sorry for my poor English.
There's a bug with the catarina mission to kill, then revive an undead. If you ignited the target before it dies, then revive them too quickly, they still take damage from you.
Skill setup: Incinerate linked with Spell Totem Support

Incinerate totem AI has some issues. I've played several pre-rework Incinerate totem characters in the past, and I think the reworked Incinerate totem AI has some problems. I see two issues:

1. When totems target an enemy and start channeling, they lock on to where the enemy initially was, and don't track it as the enemy moves. Video showing off totems blasting a wall after a Tormented Spirit moves out of the way: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50NaQT2csa0

2. Totems stop channeling after their target dies. Often the totems' target is the closest enemy to it, so that enemy could die before the totem has fully ramped up its area and damage - the resulting released wave isn't large/damaging enough to finish the farther off enemies in a pack, so totems "putter" slowly killing enemies with minimal Incinerate stages. Ideally totems would keep channeling if there was another target in range, even after their target dies - this is also how pre-rework Incinerate totems worked. Totems would still always release the channel after reaching max stages.
Last edited by elevator13 on Jun 9, 2018, 5:12:54 PM
My thoughts on Incinerate so far:

-absolutely horrible traverse speed of the release wave. It is literally faster to just shield charge to the enemies and start a new channel to kill them than wait for the wave to reach the enemies. Basically only usable for bosses.
-due to ABSOLUTE lack of mana leech for spell casters outside of warlords in 6l this skill is basically unsustainable without at least one elreon jewelry piece. In bestiary one could probably work around this by picking fenumus toxin + eldritch battery but this gear is now unobtainable.
-damage: maybe I'm just bad, but my (https://pastebin.com/0XnpyGGH) 10k per hit 100k dps incinerate fails to deal enough damage to kill red tier architects on time and even this is only achieved with RF buff
-clear: at this point I completely lost any hope that I'll be able to clear incursions without extensive usage of vaal fireball
-already mentioned cast speed bug. My tooltip (without faster casting gem)says 0.15 cast time so I should reach 8 stages in a ssecond. In practice it takes 3s which is bizarre. With faster casting gem (0.12s tooltip) it drops to bit over 2s until 8 stages.
-when it comes to DOT variant, even with ignite buffs and release wave it's barely possible to reach 100k dps. Have fun being smacked by shaper guardians while you burn them for 2 minutes until they finally die. I'll greatly appreciate a link to a build that proves otherwise

Words cannot express my disappointment but this image can

Suggestions:
-revert the last minute nerf. Under no shape and form is this skill capable of reaching DPS that would warrant the nerf (but feel free to prove me otherwise)
-double the traverse speed of the wave
-change the 500% more damage with ignite to damage with ailment, like flameblast. Why?
*this would revive (at least to some extent) fire to chaos builds that have been nerfed on multiple levels due to double dipping which has been removed
*flameblast being the only one being suited for fire/poison builds is inconsistend and honestly, makes little practical sense
Nothing here
Last edited by trolldemort on Jun 10, 2018, 5:17:45 PM
I took a quick look at your character there Trolldemort. Did you know that using elemental focus prevents ignites, therefore makes combustion AND immolate entirely useless? You're barely using a 4 links damage and saying it's a 6 link. This is what MY incinerate looks like:

For the sixth link I toy around with a level 4 empower and a fire pen. Maybe if I had a levelled immolate I would toy with that one as well, but my damage is so high that I don't mind using IIQ even in red tier maps.
Last edited by ghoulavenger on Jun 11, 2018, 6:31:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info