Next Week's Patch

"
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
No fix for the stupid incursion timer or drop rate for the keys??

Gaining time becomes all but impossible as mobs are reduced, so finding the key if it does not drop relatively early (as it should) there is utterly zero way to find it before the timer expires.
And the key itself spawning should add several seconds (10-12) so that it can be found (this new speed clear is mandatory meta is all about off-screening content, making the key a PITA to locate) and actually used.

This is not a problem I'd say most people are having. And by "most" I guess I mean "good," because I'm consistently finishing incursions (architect dead and 100% clear) with 40 seconds on the timer even though my gear is garbage for the T9-ish maps I'm currently running.

If you're struggling this much with the incursions, you need to keep in mind that map mods are inherited, so "packsize etc good, enfeeble etc bad." Or maybe you need to just re-roll because your build somehow doesn't do damage in a patch where almost everything got crazy overkill buffs?

If anything, I think the incursions themselves aren't nearly hard enough to compensate for how overpowered the reworked skills feel. Most Vaal skills will blow up an entire screen instantly now, and Arc is so broken that it's become a punchline.

The problem with the incursion keys is where they drop. You do not need all doors open, normally 2-3 on different corners are enough. To be effective you would need to start incursion and kill everything on the way to the door you want to open and to be lucky if a stone of passage (SoP) drops. Normally even if I kill the half room I don´t have the drop of one SoP, and if I am lucky and have the drop I need to pick it up and run to the door I want to open, which is a waste of time, 'cause even with onslaugth and 30% movement increase by my boots, and often using movement skills, I need 3 sec to get to any pathway to open it.
I agree I have some issues with my build for incursions cause I selfcast incinerate, and also it is strong and kills fast you stand still while channeling and have a limited range, unlike e.g. arc. I need to improve it by going spell totem & incinerate.

But even so an increase in the droprate of SoP wouldn´t be bad because "good" build won´t get to much more benefits from conecting all rooms, but less effective builds for incursions would have more chances to get a few more rooms connected. Because it really sucks having a temple full of tier 2 and 3 rooms and you won´t be able to reach the top because of no passages...
Regarding the timer, i think the initial 10s are enough, and not hard to keep @10+ as long as there are monsters to kill.
But that's the problem, you start in a direction, kill everyone, and reach the border of the room with +/-10s left. But then, it's over, you can't reasonably go elsewhere because the remaining monsters are on the other side of the room. The time you spend going there, the timer goes 0.

The only "problem" is that i feel the timer does not grow enough when killing monsters. Usually if i have 10s, if in 5 seconds i kill 20+ monsters it just keeps my timer @10s, or 12 at best, so killing a monster is far less than a 1s bonus, too far less.
The timer in zana mission, where killing monsters raises it, seems more time rewarding (seems 1s/monster). Perhaps the proper time gain / monster in incursion would be between the two.

Gaining a few more second fraction per monster would give more chance to open the doors. Killing an architect in each incursion is near trivial, but opening doors is much more difficult as when you get a stone, you usually don't have enough time/monster to rush to the door ("hold the door !!" :D )

Anyway, for now (still low level : 41) i enjoy incursions and this league.
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Jun 8, 2018, 7:32:32 AM
Since some players have voiced feedback on incursion here, I'll do the the same. Incursion has been fantastic so far, and is definately a great addition to the game. Please keep it in the base game!

Some other things:
-The breach architect creates a slowing floor, as a frost blader it is to big to avoid. Meaning, can't kill him in time.
-Haven't had any issues with architects untill T10+ maps with life map mods. Please make life map mods not affect architects. (sort of includes my next point)
-Haven't had any issues with architects untill T10+ maps with enfeeble curse on them. Please make enfeeble not affect us in the architects room.
-Display keys on minimap, sometimes I'm so focussed on killing the architect that I do not notice a key dropping. And sometimes they drop offscreen.
-Give second grade architect rooms a higher chance to be chosen as incursions.
-When rooms are still grade 0 or 1, show which is the third grade for which architect. Right now I have no clue which architect to take for which third grade room. Some are quite easy to figure out, others are not.

Just some of my thoughts so far. Loving this league, thanks!
PLEASE FIX FPS DROPS!!!!!
Fixed a bug where some of Dialla's voice acting was in Russian

This could also be an interesting thing to consider. Zana was Russian before the new voice over. Also Alva should have had a latin accent.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
From the perspective of a SSF Player.

Much more needs to be done, so I can enjoy the game with Casters. At the moment it is more frustrating than funny. I am playing SSF and currently LVL 86, have not seen a single red map yet, and no significant uniques. Somehow I made the temple, because with 6,2k life Jugg and 15% life reg, you can't really die. String of Servitude was reward, LOL. I think that's the worst item I've ever seen. Gz, you won the "Make the worst possible unique item competition"

My Shock Nova damage is not very good, compared to mine Sunder Char with 75% Block. 7k vs 25k Damage, with comparable items. With 150% mana reg and 1000 mana, I'm not even able to spam Shock Nova, need to run Clarity and with 90% mana reservation, mana potions or Warlord's Mark are not really a option for lvl 86 Jugg. No idea how I can use my basic skill to kill something, without clarity. Maybe with 300% mana reg ...

Conclusion: Melee char are much more enjoyable to play. Safer, no mana Problems, because of mana leech and do much more damage.

By the way: Ignite damage is overtuned, even for a life reg build.
Damn, still no spell totem skins with soul mantle >.>
Thanks.

Is it possible to fix the Soul mantle makes the totem skin null and void?
"
Removed the Menagerie icon from the World Map legend.

Cries in Einhar.

"
Also Alva should have had a latin accent.

Is there something wrong with her having Received Pronunciation English in a Conquistador outfit, with hair style from 2018?
"
Fixed a bug where one of Vilenta's skills dealt Physical damage, rather than Fire damage.
That's not a bug, she's a physical spell boss. It's nice that you're nerfing her though, one less thing to screw evasion builds over.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info