Guys, is trading an immersive experience with good player interaction?

"
stuncc wrote:
Do you enjoy the social aspect and player interaction of trading?

Also do you feel the weight of the items and significant aspect of your inventory management?

Thanks

Yes, of course.

You might be doing it wrong, stuncc.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon
t4t
ty

I love it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Here's an important question: Do you feel your reputation on the forum is important?

+5 for Shag

and a little snippet of joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao92XkhPzGM

Yep, totally over league play.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:

Most players would actually prefer an auction house though.

Link to this statistic?

There are two kinds of people hoping for an AH:

1) The kind of people that are unable to see what an automated AH would do to the game, in-game progression and economy

2) The kind of people that don't care, because they buy everything all the time, without thinking about drops - and couldn't care less about drop rates.

Compare that to the people who don't want an AH:

The kind of people who have 50 tabs open whooping items all day like a D3 AH bot, to which they purchase and flip. Just constantly scanning for them taking even the work an AH would cause them, without botting, completely out of the equation. Its pretty nice having your own D3 AH bots scanning PoE.Trade without you being in risk of ban.

The kind of people who do nothing but play the market, and PoE's is incredibly easy to play with zero rules and regulations and your own code of ethics/morality being the only thing holding you back. Price Fixing, private indexing, scamming, you name it, all available to make you rich. And, none of it can get you into trouble. I mean even D3 you risk your freshly bought D3 copy running the types of things you can do in PoE. D3 AH bots would get you banned. But hey, private indexers and poor-man woops won't in PoE.

People who dont want one are too accustomed to making profit off noobs that would be taken away from them, without resorting to botting, if an AH was implemented. No more woops. Be manually searching for those deals or botting it. Currency flipping would probably be obsolete if implemented anything like D3's materials/gems AH was. Another free slot of income gone.

What it really boils down to is people who play the market vs. people who play the game. People who play the game would like an AH. It allows them to play the game. People who play the market, want nothing to do with an AH. It takes away a lot of their tools and options that only cheating would allow once implemented.
Last edited by Destructodave on Jun 13, 2018, 12:25:56 AM
"
Templar_G wrote:
I don't mind it at all for the normal gear. It's not a bad thing to interact.

It's the map stuff that makes me wanna pull my hair out.

GGG needs to make a Map Vending Machine.

Or maybe change the recipe from 3 for 1, to 2 to 1 upgrade.

--------------

I have for 5 years complained about the horrible trading and it has gotten worse and worse. Douchebags fricking everywhere or no responses.

But, as the dude mentioned above the maps take the cake. I'm just wondering if the devs really understand what it is like trying to buy a map. In case they are totally out of touch it usually takes about 10 tells to even get a response even if it is sold.

Listen, I support the game, I like the game. But holy hell.....
No.

The trade system in this game is garbage, which is inexcusable considering everything is balanced around trade.

This league makes trading even more important as you'll never make much use of things like the corruption altar if you can't get the same item several times in order to roll the dice repeatedly, which simply isn't realistic if you don't trade.

Loved the idea of the new mechanics this league, but as usual gave up already because I refuse to participate in a garbage trade system. Not because I'm opposed to trade, I have no interest in SSF, but because I'm opposed to garbage outdated inconvenient trade systems. Their trade manifesto was shortsighted and misguided. Their attitude towards trade ruins this game for a lot of people.

It's really unfortunate because this game has so many complex systems involving currency and crafting that it would absolutely thrive with a more accessible modern trade system, yet they refuse to add one because of completely misguided beliefs about trade.
"
Destructodave wrote:

What it really boils down to is people who play the market vs. people who play the game. People who play the game would like an AH. It allows them to play the game. People who play the market, want nothing to do with an AH. It takes away a lot of their tools and options that only cheating would allow once implemented.

Interesting.

"
BorgsFury wrote:
No.

The trade system in this game is garbage, which is inexcusable considering everything is balanced around trade.

My thoughts exactly!

Ever since PoE "left open beta" I have been thinking, "really? It does not seem like it..." As far as I'm concerned it is still as unfinished as when I first saw it.
"
Destructodave wrote:
What it really boils down to is people who play the market vs. people who play the game.

FAR from. I don't play the market; I play the game. That's why I don't want an AH. Because an AH WILL make the GAME all about an AH. Balance. Drop rates. Everything have to be rebalanced around it, and trading will become even more required than it is today. It is inevitable.

I guess you fall in under my category 2. You do not care that an AH will force several balance decisions and adjustment of drop rate because of the fact that acquiring gear will be easier. It's fair - I understand. But don't shout "I JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME", when what you want, is to buy everything you need, when you want it - and gear 99% up on the AH.

But playing the game? That means finding gear, identifying gear, interact with the world. Progress. Level. ALL this will be severely watered out with an AH. So "playing the game" as you say, means different things for different people.

I don't flip. Never have, never will. I don't even play the market. I play the game, and want to enjoy what the GAME gives me, the in-game progress of the GAME. Not the AH.

If you think there will be less sniping, flipping and "playing the market" with an AH, you are wrong. BOTS and RMT sites would go even more havoc than they do today. Take old D3 as an example. Just google what they could do with bots and AH-bots back then.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Jun 13, 2018, 7:05:39 AM
the trading system isn't designed about giving good player interaction. It's designed to be one step above D2JSP but not any more convenient. Because once it becomes too convenient a ton of problems result.

Chris has explained this 1000 times, as has David Brevik. They can make some more tweaks to improve the experience, such as detecting if an item is no longer in the sellers stash, but automation is not one of them.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Destructodave wrote:
What it really boils down to is people who play the market vs. people who play the game.

FAR from. I don't play the market; I play the game. That's why I don't want an AH. Because an AH WILL make the GAME all about an AH. Balance. Drop rates. Everything have to be rebalanced around it, and trading will become even more required than it is today. It is inevitable.

Game already is ALL ABOUT AH! You dont get gear upgrades or maps yourself, you must trade for them.
I
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info