Super Slow Mo! (No uniques required! Made for new, physically challenged, & SSF gamers.)(3.3)

Hello! I admit I just basically stumbled upon your most excellent guide when I was pondering doing a Summoner build, and was searching for it on Google. I am relatively new to POE - been playing a little over a week. My first character was a Witch using Blade Vortex and Triple Heralds. That character is now level 72 and is doing mapping at present. However, I found the BV Tri-Herald build to be very complex, and have strict limitations, particularly with DEX caps and not having enough resists or life.

I can well relate to your disabilities, since I am a person with Bipolar I disorder, Asperger's Syndrome, and Diabetes Type II, among other disabilities (including sleep apnea). I am also a survivor of brain injury, which was post-natal, and was the result of oxygen deprivation.

I must say that you also, quite evidently, have been able to cope with your limitations extremely well. I find this guide you wrote to be the simplest, easiest to understand, and most potentially viable build guide out there for POE. I like the ease-of-use it appears to have - one-button skills, minions doing your bidding, and so on. I am definitely going to try out this build now on my second character. I made her a Witch, and named her "pApErDoLlZ".

I just want to say "thank you very much" for the level of effort and detail that you put into your build guide, making it easy for a new player like me to understand, and giving me hope that I will be able to clear maps with it soon with relative ease. I am in a helpful POE guild and Discord that is run by "Lifting." Lifting streams on Twitch, and is a very active POE community member - he also writes his own build guides. I have received a ton of help and advice from his community members thus far. I have a 6-link Tabula I plan to use for my new startup Witch character, using your build.

Thanks again! Please feel free to reply back to my post here, or send me a private message as well. I love to make new friends, and to hear feedback from the posts I have written. Best of luck in POE, Exile!

BEST,
Scott Michael Olson
Last edited by solson8691 on Jul 20, 2018, 3:22:24 AM
Hey Scott!

Welcome to POE land! I'm glad you're part of the community and I'm excited that my build can help you out. Please let me know if you have any questions at anytime.

I'm sorry for all you have on your plate (both what's listed and has since been edited). I don't want to go against forum policy so I'll keep this encouragement short: I'm a firm believer that God never gives us more than we can handle. Though some days things may seem too much or that we're even overlooked, we can be encouraged that He has allowed us to have what we have because He knows we can manage. It'll never be too much for the person he made us to be. Considering all you go through, and how positive and kind you are, He must have made you to be an exceptional person. :)

Thank you for taking the time to complement and encourage. It's very nice of you.

Now regarding the build options, here are a couple tips that I have done to my build that I haven't included in the guide yet:
- I have found that adding Minion Speed Support to the Raise Zombies links (replacing Hypothermia and/or Maim (depending on if you are using a 6 or 5 link)) has helped me be surrounded by my minions more consistently which keeps my survivability up.
- If you find your Zombies dying from really hard hitting bosses or heavy hitting rolled maps, keep a Mon'tregul's Grasp around. That'll keep them alive almost guaranteed.

Again, thanks for the kind words and if you need anything feel free to ask.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi!

Nice and interesting guide.

Just wondering what you do in the very beginning? Only zombies?

Also what do you use frostbomb for here?
"
Bubba477 wrote:
Hi!

Hey! I'm the kinda guy where I'm fine going slow and seeing my build progress as it's laid out. But Summon Raging Spirits is a great starter skill and does great damage, well, all the time. Some SRS builds work really well in end game. The Witch gets SRS as a quest reward almost right away. After Breaking Eggs I think.

Frost Bomb gives a natural -25% to the enemies' cold resists as it pulses. It's just bonus damage. Because of how curses work, it's more beneficial against bosses.

Let me know if you have any questions! If you try the build out, I hope you like it.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hey All,

Just in case you care, in my personal build, I have switched out Hypothermia with Minion Speed. I've found my survivability substantially better. (Maim on a five link.) So I'm now at Zombies-Minion Damage-Minion Speed-Melee Physical-Additional Accuracy-Maim.

Annnnnd

"
"
Bubba477 wrote:
Hi!

Hey! I'm the kinda guy where I'm fine going slow and seeing my build progress as it's laid out. But Summon Raging Spirits is a great starter skill and does great damage, well, all the time. Some SRS builds work really well in end game. The Witch gets SRS as a quest reward almost right away. After Breaking Eggs I think.

Frost Bomb gives a natural -25% to the enemies' cold resists as it pulses. It's just bonus damage. Because of how curses work, it's more beneficial against bosses.

Let me know if you have any questions! If you try the build out, I hope you like it.

Awesome! Thanks.
This is a nice and smooth build that I use to my delight.

I just wonder what I am doing wrong since the auto-casted Desecrate and Flesh Offering never seem to proc in the right order.

Either Flesh Offering procs and if I am lucky there are already corpses to sacrifice but that is not a given, or Desecrate procs, but Flesh Offering doesn't.

So in theory this combo sounds awesome but for me it doesn't work properly on a consistent basis.

Any tips/experience on this problem?
"
Galdaphrax wrote:
This is a nice and smooth build that I use to my delight.

I just wonder what I am doing wrong since the auto-casted Desecrate and Flesh Offering never seem to proc in the right order.

Either Flesh Offering procs and if I am lucky there are already corpses to sacrifice but that is not a given, or Desecrate procs, but Flesh Offering doesn't.

So in theory this combo sounds awesome but for me it doesn't work properly on a consistent basis.

Any tips/experience on this problem?

I've noticed this on occasion as well. It's been happening for much longer than this patch. It's not consistent for me, but it's the reason I have the gems attached to CwDT Level 1 instead of level 20 (then adding the skill duration nodes on the tree). It's to make sure the skills are always out and in use.

CwDT does have a cast order. If CwDT is at the end/beginning of a link, it'll cast the spells in the order that they come in, one after another. (I'm not sure of the cast order if CwDT is in the middle of a link.) But even if you have Desecrate before your Offering in the link/cast order, it doesn't always go as dreamed.

I think the issue is when CwDT gets triggered with no corpses are on the ground. I think the skills are casting everytime CwDT1 gets triggered but CwDT casts the skills so quickly that when the Offering skill gets cast, Desecrate is hasn't finished putting it's corpses on the ground.

I do find that Flesh Offering does consume Desecrate, but not the Desecrate that was cast with it. That's why I have it set up to a CwDT Level 1. Just to make sure there are "guaranteed" Desecrates.

Do you think this is the same thing your experiencing?

Tips? I think besides self casting, which I don't like to do, we have the most optimal setup. Attaching both skills to a CwDT level 1 gem gets them out almost every time we're hit (end game). Desecrate will be out often enough that besides the first hit, Flesh Offering will always get properly cast.

Does this answer your question? I may have misread your issue. Let me know.

And thank you for the compliment. :)

Annnnnd

Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Jul 25, 2018, 5:17:42 PM
I had some items before starting from my former character, a tabula, a helpful necklace and some standard uniques. I also had a violent dead. Have now gotten to act 3. Build works well. I went a little different on the tree to get more zombies fast. Now have 7. I also have a Vaal skeleton for hard bosses but dont really need it. Vaal oversoul went down in second spawn. Build is a little slow for the temple. Happy to see that zombies have decent dmg on their own.
"
Bubba477 wrote:
I had some items before starting from my former character, a tabula, a helpful necklace and some standard uniques. I also had a violent dead. Have now gotten to act 3. Build works well. I went a little different on the tree to get more zombies fast. Now have 7. I also have a Vaal skeleton for hard bosses but dont really need it. Vaal oversoul went down in second spawn. Build is a little slow for the temple. Happy to see that zombies have decent dmg on their own.

Replacing Minion Speed Support instead of your last gem in your Zombie link will speed life up a lot. I added it to my build in this league and will be putting Minion Speed into the 3.4 version of this build in September.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info