''Failed to recreate swapchain''

It's been like 2 months now and I can't f.....ing play PoE really really infuriating
Snowy ash drizzles from the sky.
Please
Yes, this is getting quite irritating. Any clue as to what this may be?
Made this threat more then two months ago hoping to resolve this before the league started but didn't get any help, bumped this threat many times during the league suffering from this bug without a single response not even go fuck yourself from ggg and with the one month league this weekend I don't expect any help. Maybe next major patch ? I honestly doubt it.
I got the exact same problem. Im also running dual monitor with my main one rolling 144Hz. Im pretty sure my issue started right after a windows 10 update. Still don't know how to fix it except by restarting my game. This is really annoying
Video Games.
Why waste good technology on science and medecine ?
Started at the beginning of Incursion when alt+tabbing. Running the main monitor at 144hz, windows 10 v1803, gtx 760, with latest nvidia drivers.

Not game breaker since i can close the exception window (and not playing hc) but extremely annoying.

Hopefully this is resolved next league.
Last edited by zoron26 on Aug 11, 2018, 12:42:04 PM
I have the same problem but ill tested it all from google and forums and got a solution for me atlesat.

All this happend after i updated to latest nvidia driver after formated my new fresh win10 and after testing all kind of workarounds i made it work by going to nvidia advanced search and took a old beta driver and just try them out one by one until and installed/restarting computer until everything felt stable.
So far no errors.
Also try lower graphics to not hit far above your VRAM cap.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

i7 4720HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia 960m 2Gb
250Gb SSD

Driver: 391.35
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Disable the other monitor, or set them BOTH to run at the EXACT SAME resolution at the EXACT same Framerate (alternatively & better known as Hertz, or Hz.)

You MUST also install the latest Beta (also known as Optional) NVidia GPU drivers, or you will run into issues with the dual monitor setup. The latest version is 398.82 (for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (tested with a NVidia GTX 1070; Linux is running 390.77 with this card!)

NVidia Drivers Download Page

For AMD, you must be running patch 18.8.1 otherwise you'll be having extreme issues with a dual-monitor PC setup. Even worse if the 2nd monitor is turned OFF.

AMD Drivers - Yes, that's the right link now. Their new (read: less than 48 hours OLD!) gUI is awful, compared to NVidia's!!!
SAME
Same

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info