''Failed to recreate swapchain''

Hey guys, I have a dual setup monitors which forces me to run the game at full screen to take advantage of my main 144mhz monitor, if I run windowed or windowed full screen its always 60mhz max.

So everytime I start the game I have to alt+enter to get the actual full screen otherwise my mouse can go out of the poe window and it's not an actual fullscreen. It's been like this for years and I'm fine with it but about a week ago I started getting this message when alt+entering when I start the game: https://i.imgur.com/zbA4EzP.png after this message the game still works but everything is distorted and the mouse is not aligned properly.

The only way to fix this is to restart the game and try again because sometimes I don't get this message when alt+entering and everything works the way it should but sometimes it takes like 5+ tries and it's very annoying and what is worse is that everytime I alt+tab to trade or check items or something there is the chance I get the error again and I have to restart again. That would be seriously annoying when the new league starts. Any help would be appreciated.
Snowy ash drizzles from the sky.
Last edited by Barrier on May 29, 2018, 10:19:36 PM
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2019, 11:01:46 AM
Still having the problem and the league starts in a few hours I'm getting absolutely desperate. Please help.
Having the same error, not running with dual monitors but I do have a 144hz screen. Dunno if it has anything to do with that..
Ign: Icyboss
Still have the same problem its so fucking annoying when trading please help.
I hate my life right now I have to restart the game like 10 times until it works and everytime I want to buy something and alt tab it breaks again I'm about to stop playing poe because of this what a mess.
we have the same ERROR!
fix plz
Is your GFX card compatible with dx 11.1?
If you are using windows 7 make sure it is all up to date.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I get that error when alt-tabbing. To fix it, I hit O then change to windowed mode and hit save then switch back to fullscreen mode.
There are two types of POE players:
1) Those who want to walk uphill both ways barefoot on broken glass wearing a blindfold
2) F*cking noobs

I identify as transnational Chinese. May I have access to their QOL features, please?
I also get this all the time. I do the same thing as Makillda to fix it but its annoying.

heres an image if it helps

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info