[3.3] Phys+Chaos Seismic/Explosive Trapper W.I.P. (2 videos up)

the quill rain based poison builds rely on lots of small stacks. These traps hit for massive numbers so the poisons should be quite good. You might want to consider bear trap instead of explosive though for the singularly high physical dmg.
"
engharat wrote:
Using volkuur gloves you could use ball lightning trap to apply a lot of poison per sec.but clear speed would be bad.
Because you do not seem an expert about poisons, remember that a good poison build needs to put a similar number of poison per sec of quill rain, that is like 8 poison stacks per sec while clearing and 80 poison stacks per sec on bosses.
Plus, the assassin poison builds will have an huge poison duration w.r.t. to your Sabo...
Try to stack a lot of damage conversion and physical to elemental damage using stats ticks, and you will enjoy some good seismic trap damage ;-)

I considered Volkuur's Gloves for fire, but they gut your duration by 50%.

Like Tamale states in the previous comment, these traps will hit for much larger than what a Quill Rain would. By your suggestions, I'd need the equivalent of what Quill can deliver in 80 stacks per second. Explosive Trap theoretically can hit a boss with all 8 explosions, and PoB shows I should be able to throw one every .39, so realistically I'll prob be throwing 2 in a little under a second then moving to dodge shit. And then Explo Trap is only 50% phys because of the conversion. So, I'm banking on 16 of these big poisons being equal to 80 of Quill Rain's little poisons.

I've also considered using a pair or one Consuming Dark with a Divinarius to convert fire dmg to Chaos, and then having all the chaos damage being able to poison.

I'd love to see the actual gem stats come out and able to be put into PoB, but until then we just have to wait!
Updated
I may be wrong about this but might it be better to take the Damage & Energy and Trap & Mine nodes at the start rather than the Phys and Chaos? Perhaps this has changed but I'm not sure that Global Phys applies to spells, where as the increase of damage and trap damage would apply to all of your damage types, not just the chaos.

I must admit that staff seems hard to beat but I was thinking about using The Consuming Dark with a Bino's Kitchen Knife. The biggest downside of that being you wouldn't have another six link. Though you could use elder/shaper gloves or something similar with two gems mods on it.
"
Ianpact wrote:
I may be wrong about this but might it be better to take the Damage & Energy and Trap & Mine nodes at the start rather than the Phys and Chaos? Perhaps this has changed but I'm not sure that Global Phys applies to spells, where as the increase of damage and trap damage would apply to all of your damage types, not just the chaos.

I must admit that staff seems hard to beat but I was thinking about using The Consuming Dark with a Bino's Kitchen Knife. The biggest downside of that being you wouldn't have another six link. Though you could use elder/shaper gloves or something similar with two gems mods on it.

According to Path of Building the phys/chaos nodes are a little bit more dps, so I'm pretty much just going by that and hoping it's accurate. I'm gonna do some research and see if there's any info out there that states otherwise.

I checked out Consuming Dark, and the dmg of those is pretty bad compared to a lot of other options. Obliteration or Apep's give much better dps for a chaos or less. It even looks like Divinarius gives similar damage, so it's prob better to just use them and save currency to farm for Disintegrator.

And yea, any awesome shaper/elder items would be really good for this build. Esp a couple stat sticks with gloves that give you a 6-7 link. I will keep an eye on the market, if the price of these items combined are similar to a 6 link staff, it may be worth to go that route.
Is 0.4 the limit for wave release?

EDIT: Just confirmed that 0.4 is the limit.
Last edited by dHsn on Jul 13, 2018, 6:38:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info