[3.3] Phys+Chaos Seismic/Explosive Trapper W.I.P. (2 videos up)

The Idea of the build
Spoiler

Stack physical damage on spells, and get tons of phys as extra chaos damage.

•Disintegrator Staff adds tons of physical damage.
•Ming's Heart rings give us 40% of phys as extra Chaos.
Shadows and Dust gives us a free rampage, and unholy might (30% phys as extra chaos) when we start rampage and on each tier of rampage!
•With the two Ming's and Unholy Might we get 70% of phys as extra chaos damage.
•Budget versions could run spell daggers. Even Diviniarius dagger still gives decent DPS according to Path of Building, and would be dirt cheap. Especially compared to a 6 link Disintegrator.

Come by and chat if you have anything to discuss about this proposed build!

🐖TheNotoriousPIG's Twitch Live Stream Channel🐖

Videos of highest maps completed so far (I know I'm slow)
Spoiler

T7 Ramparts Map. Enfeeble, extra Fire dmg, Chain, Monster crit + poison... I actually played really bad, but at least I didn't die :)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/269054906

T6 Cemetary map with 4 link. Vulnerability, Boss damage + attack/cast speed + AoE + Frenzies =/ (I died with the boss nearly dead cause I got lazy and stupid)
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/269049082

Current Gear w/ Gem Setup + Explination
Spoiler

I was running Vaal Grace and since my damage was still very good, I've been keeping Grace up instead of Hatred. I still want to setup a Curse on Hit or CWDT setup for Temp Chains or Despair. I will mess with that later.

My next upgrade will be to get one of my rare armours with better res, and life if possible. Divinarius Daggers are still pretty expensive, but they're dropping quick so those may be added soon.

Current Skill Tree w/ Explination
Spoiler

I decided to try out Acro/Phase Acro since I'm losing 13% ES from the Ming's Hearts and we don't get very much ES from the tree. I figured having the dodge + nearly dodge capped with Vaal Grace was better than the 100 or so ES I lose.
g

https://poeplanner.com/AA0AAOkADTYAAHGw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNonTHvC3dXBSKgtd8isKES_rY7VIdf2EbzY9napsjGKstMXb53BRdm9-sNhUH1uD8QZ3UzHC7AW1jb_UIzBx3ahLeDpCDkgRlgcelS5_xqKjwfMI1HNt8PmVIC0fTLMEB4PbVcY6WK6zBUIsnEGW0PW86mpDCPQRLXyD6-4c3LiTjxoo-oLH-ehBh7c-_gryRTrhplcxnti9TeOFMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUpANM3gb4PDVSVGP-uwYZKqbhmo26_X-jzWSA2Vvd2dOmAageUIsAAAAAAA=

------------Everything below this line if from pre-3.3 Theory-craft-----------

Proposed End-Game Gem Setup
Spoiler
Since Disintegrator is STR/Int, we put Explosives Traps in it. We'd need 2R, 2B, 2G which shouldn't be too hard using Vorici to guarantee 2G. Tinkerskin is Dex/Int so we put Seismic Traps and all we need is 1 off color to get 2G, 3B and 1R.

In Disintegrator: Explosives Trap - Cluster Traps - Conc Effect - Trap dmg - Cont Destruction - Increased Crits
In Tinkerskin - Seismic Trap - Trap dmg - Conc Effect - Cont Destruction - Increased Critical Strikes - Increased Critical Damage

Boots: Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 1)- Immortal Call (lvl 3) - Spell totem (Lvl 20) - Wither (lvl 20)

Gloves: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Stone Golem

Helm: Orb of Storms - Curse on Hit - Despair - Herald of Ash

Gear
Spoiler
Core Items:

Disintegrator Staff - Tons of phys damage to our spells.
Tinkerskin - Gives sustain, Frenzies and Phasing. Best all around chest for most trappers.
Ming's Heart - At the cost of about 200 life and 100 ES, we get 40% phys as extra chaos, also really neat to cap Chaos res.
Coated Shrapnel Jewel - 4 of these give our traps 100% chance to poison.
Flask: Atziri's Promise, Sin's Rebirth plus any Diamond and Sulphur flask. Probably a good idea to keep one life flask.

Volkuur's Guidance Gloves could possibly be used, which would allow the Fire dmg from Explosives Trap to also poison. But they have a big 50% less poison duration, which may be an overall dps loss. Plus we lose another rare slot to help with life and res.

Stack as much life and resist on rares as possible! We don't get hardly any % Evasion from tree, so ES/Armour gear is prob best.

Bandits and Ascendency
Spoiler
Class: Shadow.
Bandits: Kill All!
Ascendency: Saboteur.

-1st-Perfect Crime:
-2nd-Chain Reaction:
-3rd-Pyromaniac:
-4th-Born in the Shadows:

Skill Tree at lvl 84

Last edited by TheNotoriousPIG on Jun 4, 2018, 3:10:54 AM
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2018, 6:33:54 PM
Hey. Ill wonder if that build will work coz i have opinion that poison trapers can do nothing now. Poison DPS will be so low that it's easier to get flat damage.

Traps what u wanna use have cooldown, so u will not be able to stack poison very quick.

Do u think EE will work properly? I think it will be DPS loss coz u cant deal dmg with orb of storms 1 by 1, most of the time u will deal dmg with ur explosive trap, once u will deal it 2 times in a row without orb hit u will lose ur DPS. If trap isnt hit, its good idea then.

I recommend to take Potency of Will in tree to inc duration of traps.

Good luck with this build anyway.
Last edited by An4LPunishment on May 27, 2018, 10:24:41 PM
"
Hey. Ill wonder if that build will work coz i have opinion that poison trapers can do nothing now. Poison DPS will be so low that it's easier to get flat damage.

Traps what u wanna use have cooldown, so u will not be able to stack poison very quick.

Do u think EE will work properly? I think it will be DPS loss coz u cant deal dmg with orb of storms 1 by 1, most of the time u will deal dmg with ur explosive trap, once u will deal it 2 times in a row without orb hit u will lose ur DPS. If trap isnt hit, its good idea then.

Good point about the EE, prob not worth.

From what I see from the videos posted and how it's worded, the seismic trap hits in a a series of hits, which I believe will each apply a poison. Lemme update the guide and put the exact wording of Seismic trap.
"
"

Good point about the EE, prob not worth.

From what I see from the videos posted and how it's worded, the seismic trap hits in a a series of hits, which I believe will each apply a poison. Lemme update the guide and put the exact wording of Seismic trap.

I know it can apply poison, i mean how fast u can stack a lot of stacks, for example 40. Stacking speed will be not so good as attacks skills have.

With tree u have, wave each 0,4 sec (need cast speed like 100-110%) with 3 traps active u will get about 5 stacks per 2 sec per trap, so 15 stacks with 3 traps. It can be enough till T15 maybe, coz guards and shaper will be very tough.

"
I know it can apply poison, i mean how fast u can stack a lot of stacks, for example 40. Stacking speed will be not so good as attacks skills have.

With tree u have, wave each 0,4 sec (need cast speed like 100-110%) with 3 traps active u will get about 5 stacks per 2 sec per trap, so 15 stacks with 3 traps. It can be enough till T15 maybe, coz guards and shaper will be very tough.

Right, I just went and added a couple Cheap Constructions jewels to get my trap max to 6. If I can get 6 Explosives traps out and have em hit all 8 explosions on a boss, that would be 48 poisons. Explo Trap having no cooldown is crucial.
"
"

Right, I just went and added a couple Cheap Constructions jewels to get my trap max to 6. If I can get 6 Explosives traps out and have em hit all 8 explosions on a boss, that would be 48 poisons. Explo Trap having no cooldown is crucial.

Hmm, without cd all became much better (didnt know exp trap have no cd), but 2 secs poison duration isnt good. U can use coralito's signature to increase duration to 3-3.5 secs during flask effect. But idk how usefull can it be with trapper, with assasin this flask work great.

p.s. i wrote about poison with seismic trap in comment above
Last edited by An4LPunishment on May 27, 2018, 11:18:10 PM
"

Hmm, without cd all became much better (didnt know exp trap have no cd), but 2 secs poison duration isnt good. U can use coralito's signature to increase duration to 3-3.5 secs during flask effect. But idk how usefull can it be with trapper, with assasin this flask work great.

Yea I figured you were referring to Seismic. I think the build would be dependent on bigger poisons vs a ton of smaller ones like a Quill Rain Assassin would do. If I can get 40-50 stacked in the 10-20k range I think it could be viable.
"
"

Yea I figured you were referring to Seismic. I think the build would be dependent on bigger poisons vs a ton of smaller ones like a Quill Rain Assassin would do. If I can get 40-50 stacked in the 10-20k range I think it could be viable.

Good luck!
explosive trap has a conversion in fire , so its really bad for poison
Using volkuur gloves you could use ball lightning trap to apply a lot of poison per sec.but clear speed would be bad.
Because you do not seem an expert about poisons, remember that a good poison build needs to put a similar number of poison per sec of quill rain, that is like 8 poison stacks per sec while clearing and 80 poison stacks per sec on bosses.
Plus, the assassin poison builds will have an huge poison duration w.r.t. to your Sabo...
Try to stack a lot of damage conversion and physical to elemental damage using stats ticks, and you will enjoy some good seismic trap damage ;-)
Last edited by engharat on May 31, 2018, 2:33:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info